wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by age: 30-35
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

I see the hype on youtube and wanted to try. But I don't get it, there is nothing special on this foundation. The texture is very watery, the coverage is thin and doesn't cover my flaws and not even out my redness. When I saw reviews on youtube I was kinda excited because I saw the coverage and the end result was amazing on the youtubers but I don't get the same result.

The smell is bad and I hate the applicator it causes a lot of mess on the bottle. Very disappointed.

I really like this foundation! Close to an HG drugstore foundation in my opinion. I'm a BB cream woman on a daily basis because any foundation that has oil, oxidizes and turns orange or darker on me. But when photos need to be taken, I tend to op for foundations to avoid camera flashbacks. This foundation gives medium to full semi matte finish depending on how much you apply. I wear this foundation with a primer and a setting spray and it makes skin looks flawless on camera. This foundation do however oxides a little but does not turn orange. I wear shade Soft Beige which is a light warm shade(yellow undertone). I will say this, the only con about this foundation is that it does not last all day. It starts to wear off and makes my skin somewhat oily and only lasts 4hrs at the most for me even with setting spray. So I'm not quite sure if this would work with oily skin. And with regards to the smell, it smells like any other drugstore foundation but it does not linger. So if you're looking for something drugstore, inexpensive, looks good on photos and don't care so much about lasting power, give this foundation a try!

More about my Skin Type and Other Concerns: Light-Medium, Neutral-Warm (yellow) undertone, tans easily (hardly burns), easily irritated, clear/no breakouts(only during menstrual cycle), dry-combination and very little to no wrinkles.

Other foundations tried or did not like either because it oxidized(orange), made my skin oily, or has a pink undertone regardless of how warm and yellow it claims to be: Urban Decay(worst highend), Nars Sheer Matte, Kat Von D Lock It, Cover Girl, Revlon, Almay, Laura Mercier, L'Oreal, Prescriptives, Bourjois, Maybelline(Worst drugstore found), MAC, Chanel, Christian Dior, Cargo, Shiseido, IMAN, Make Up For Ever

MY Shades in other foundations:
Estee Lauder: Double Wear Rattan 2W2
Kat Von D: Medium 52
MAC: NC-30/35
Christian Dior: Linen 021
Urban Decay: 2
Laura Mercier: 3(Powder Foundation), Sunny Beige(Liquid), Ochre Tinted Moisturizer
Nars: Ceylan
Chanel: 40 or 50
Shiseido: O20 or O40 (Ochre)
L'Oreal: Nude Beige
Bourjois: 52 Vanille
Revlon: Buff Beige
IMAN: Sand 3
Covergirl: Nude Beige 832
Cargo: F-50 (tanned summer shade)
Make Up For Ever: HD Invisible (120), Mat Velvet (No.40), Face&Body (Alabaster Beige 32)

on 5/31/2017 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great foundation. I have the shade porcelain which is supposed to be "warm toned", however its actually neutral toned, so not too pink and not too yellow. Its like a cruelty free version of the Maybelline matte and poreless in their porcelain shade with a stronger paint like smell, which does disappear fast.

It is very mattifying although it does cling to my dry patches on which is my already oily skin. Can sometimes appear patchy upon application which is why I find it best to mix this with other foundations which have some hyaluronic acid to moisturise it a little bit.

I really do like this foundation and would definitely repurchase it over and over again. It does not oxidise and does overall look really good, lasting 3-4 hours on my oily skin which is pretty normal for me. It is best for oily skin, however mix a little moisturiser or a little bit of dewier foundation with it so it does not cling to dry patches.

I usually do not like glass bottles, but I am kind of digging the spatula, getting product out is actually pretty easy :)

On a budget, this is a decent foundation. The packaging with the spatula is fantastic! It does smell strongly of paint, but not enough to bother me. I do like the feel of the dry down of the foundation. Not dewy, but a dry touch. It has medium coverage. Doesn't have super long staying power though. Maybe nice for quick makeup days where you don't need makeup to last all day. It is a maybe repurchase for me.

I really wanted to like this. Most reviewers loved it.

The packaging is fine IMO. I'm not upset at the use of a spatula inside the lid for application.

I have dehydrated skin. Some days it acts normal, sometimes I'm not doing enough and it acts dry, and some days I can be oily.

On one day this was super cakey and another day I was cakey & oily. Even on good days this didn't look nice. I was always cakey.

I guess if you're oily or combination skinned it'd work for you but I've moved on.

on 4/28/2017 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I’ve been testing and experimenting with the WnW Photo Focus foundation for a few weeks now. After finding the right combination of products and application techniques I can say that this stuff works for me and I like it a lot more than I thought I would. The finish is between matte and satin in my opinion and it really does seem to have ‘blurring’ properties to it – I actually prefer it over MUFE Ultra HD which is a bit too dewy/shiny for my oily skin. I use a damp sponge to apply and get great results. I’d say that it has light-medium coverage as I’ve been using more than usual to get to the medium coverage that I want. I agree with other reviewers that it isn’t particularly long-wearing and it does transfer more easily (I wouldn’t recommend it if you wear glasses or tend to touch your face a lot), but I have been mostly able to combat these issues by using my damp sponge to apply my loose HD setting powder. Before I did this I definitely had issues with it breaking down after a few hours, but not anymore. I have fairly oily skin but somehow it stays in check when I do this. Overall, it’s a great foundation on its own in my opinion, but the price makes it even more amazing. I will definitely repurchase. For reference, I am NC25-30 and would have bought Soft Beige (for light-medium warm skin) but my store was out. Instead, I bought Golden Beige (for medium warm skin) and added in a touch of Porcelain (for fair warm skin) and got a good match.

on 4/28/2017 10:13:00 AM

This foundation looks fine at first but at like 3 hours into the day my face looks crepey and oily. Will not be using this again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great coverage for my skin, but the lasting power is not there. I get a few hours at the most. A good thing is that it doesn't break me out, it's super cheap, and it doesn't oxidize on my skin. I prefer to use my fingers and apply to my cheeks where I have redness. Not bad but there are definitely better options. However if you have oily skin, this will not feel cakey.

so I loved the way it looked.but I broke out all 5 times I used it with major pimples.right when I stopped using it I didn't have any pimples so I'm sad to say this broke me out and I never will use again unless they change that major huge issue.it smells like horrible paint and the smell even stay on my brush for days later so was gross but it did look decent on the skin and cheap price .makes me sad at the breakout so I won't buy again and don't recommend if your sensitive to paint smells

on 4/24/2017 11:18:00 AM

I applied this foundation same way as i applied my other foundation which is by hand and i'm not into full coverage makeup look so i only applied lightly at where i really need and blend out for places that's okay. However, this foundation makes my face looks liked i have tons of foundation on. Maybe because it has more of a matte finish but my face looks very powdery and thick. I also found it a bit irritating cause i got a red hives spot after applying it and a bit itchy at places. My face also seems bumpy when i wake up this morning while i had this on all day yesterday for the first time. Probably won't be using it again but since it's so affordable it is still totally worth a try.