wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by age: 19-24
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.1

on 3/15/2017 12:28:00 PM

I had high hopes for this, despite mixed reviews. I've worn it the last 3 days, and tried different methods to make it work and I hated it each time. I'll be taking it back today. I bought it for a total of $6.35 at Walgreens in the color classic beige. I looked at the colors for a long time before I decided on this shade. I even grabbed revlon colorstay in 330 off the shelf to compare because I have that one at home and love the color. I don't mind the spatula but it is kind of weird because it's such a liquidy formula. I like the formula though because it doesn't feel heavy. I just dip the spatula in and out and wipe some on the back of my hand. Monday I used this with the smashbox pore minimizing primer, a bb to apply the foundation and used setting spray even though someone said it reacts weird. I thought it looked ok, nothing special. You could still see acne marks and my scarring. But all day I was paranoid I looked orange. I asked 3 people and even sent a picture to my friend but they all said I didn't look orange, 1 just said I was orange by my hairline. Most of the orangeyness WAS at the top by my hairline. Maybe it collects on vellus hairs in a bad way? I usually shave the white peach fuzz off my face but don't get too close because I don't want to accidently shave away at my hairline. It lasted well but I hated feeling like that. Yesterday I applied over benefit porefessional(I hate both of the primers mentioned btw but I'm using up porefessional and was testing the smashbox one) with an oval brush and my ud all nighter again. YUCK. This looked so weird, almost like crumbly and spotty I guess? I can't even describe it. And it looked like I didn't have anything on my chin. I feel like I'm so much more in tune with how things look on myself now since becoming an esthetician and since having a bad time with my skin. I wanted to rip my skin off yesterday and couldn't wait to get home and wash my face because I felt like I looked so horrible. Today I applied it with no primer and no setting spray with a beauty blender. Also the 1st and 3rd days I applied coty airspun all over with a brush. The 2nd day I applied the same powder with my bb. I still feel like today, with using two layers instead of one this time, it's not covering much or making my skin look that great and that weird chin thing is happening again. I also omitted bronzer on my perimeter thinking that was somehow making my hairline orange but nope, it's this. It still happened today. I've never paid attention to a foundation Oxidizing before because I didn't care but now I notice it and I hate it. My skin is textured/has acne scars, but it's neither oily nor dry. This makes me look like I have dry patches in some places. I thought this would be a nice lightweight/cheap foundation with good coverage for me because I thought a lot of people that hated it were very dry but this just sucks unfortunately. Still love you wnw but this was such a disappointment, I thought it was going to be great.

on 3/12/2017 1:08:00 AM

I have to say I am so in love with this foundation ! I even prefer it over my Estee DW which is one of my favorite high end foundations. I can easily build it up to full coverage with my orange real techniques sponge. I do use a primer underneath because I find if I don't it can settle into dry patches .The finish is full coverage for me because I do go in with two coats because the formula is a tad bit thin. It dries fast so quickly work it into your skin. The lasting power is all day for me . I can wear it before during and after work and it's still looks very nice.Overall it has become one of my favorites and I've been reaching for it over all of my other foundations. I actually just purchased my second bottle of this in the shade bronze beige . My only con is the packaging. The bottle is bulky and rectangular if you wanna put it that way. And I do not prefer the cheap plastic spatula applicatior probably because I have always preferred a foundation in a pump or a squeeze bottle. On the other hand the price is fabulous for around 5-6 bucks this is an absolute steal . As for the no flash back claim I find this to be true ! My skin looked flawless in all pictures that I had this foundation on in . I would say if you're on a budget and looking for a good foundation give it a try ! This is coming from someone who works around higher end makeup all day long !!

on 3/1/2017 10:32:00 PM

This foundation has definitely reached HG status for me. It has a nice color selection, actually its one of the few drug store foundations that have a shade pale enough for my skin. The finish is really nice(matte, without being overly matte) and it didn't settle into my laugh lines. I took one lippie away because i have to moisturize and use a hydrating primer to keep it from sticking to my dry patches.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I recently went on vacation and got tan so I needed a quick and cheap foundation from the drugstore to match. I was really surprised with this one! The formula is really thin so it feels weightless on the face. I actually like the applicator as I find it gives the perfect amount of product. The consistency actually reminds me of the bare minerals liquid foundation but not as "oily." It can cake up around the nose for me. WnW foundations always looks best set with a powder. I haven't tried the powder from the same line but any old one will do (I use Milani multitask). I did notice this foundation does NOT look good with a setting spray. I think the spray alters the texture and moves/removes product and just doesn't look good. Texture wise, my skin is doing well at the moment so this foundation isn't a problem but I can imagine issues arising if you're dealing with problematic skin. Longevity is roughly 6 hours for my normal skin - it doesn't look as good at the end of a regular work day. Also, this is a foundation you need to spend time blending out. I used to have problems with the L'Oréal True Match being patchy and too liquidy to blend out and this borderlines that issue but I use the Real Techniques Expert face brush and have had no problems so far. I don't recommend a beauty blender (will absorb product), a dirty brush (will cause streaks), flat top brush (too thin of a foundation for that), and I'm kind of afraid to use a buffing brush because it might emphasize texture. Overall satisfied with the performance, color match (no oxidizing), and price I paid for.

For the price, this foundation is alright. It applies pretty easily and evenly and does look very good when you first put it on. It also has a nice variety of shades to choose from. However, the scent of this is unbearable. It has a very strong chemical smell and it lingers after you put it on. I normally don't mind a bit of an off scent with cosmetics, but this one is bad. It also did not wear well on me at all. I tried it with both the benefit professional primer and smashbox oil free pore minimizing primer and set it with the wet n wild photo focus powder (which I love!) A few hours after applying it, it settled in my pores and exaggerated them a lot.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to love this. I really and truly did. I absolutely fell in love with wet n wild's coverall foundation, and it became my holy grail foundation. But when I ran out of my 5th or 6th tube, I ran to my local drugstore only to find that coverall was gone and replaced by this. I was disappointed but hopeful and excited to try this since I really loved wet n wild's other foundation. I also thought the glass bottle it was in was super nice, much nicer than coverall. It was also slightly more expensive than coverall (but still affordable) so I thought hey, that must make it better right? I WAS SO WRONG.

It's nothing like coverall. It's super thin and liquidy and has zero coverage. It hides absolutely no blemishes and feels like it sits more on my face then actually feeling natural and apart of my skin. On top of not looking good immediately after putting it on, the foundation breaks up after a few hours of wear and you can start to see redness and patches of foundation. It also smells like paint and it's just awful. Oh, and did I mention that it also made my skin look super oily? I don't have naturally oily skin; my skin does have some oily patches due to having normal/combination skin but this foundation made my skin look like an oil factory. It was terrible.

Overall I'm extremely disappointed. I wanted to fall in love with this product, but it just doesn't do it for me. I'll finish what I have but when I run out, I'm not planning on buying it again. I love wet n wild, but every brand has their hits and misses and this was unfortunately a miss for me.

About me: combo pale skin, some acne spots. I have mixed feelings about this foundation. The first few times I used it, it worked great on me and then after it started to not work well with my skin. The best thing about it for me is that it matches my pale winter skin PERFECTLY! Best match I've ever had (I bought porcelain) I love that it's not pink like most light colored foundations. The first few times I used this it looked great! Covered very nicely and I liked the finish. It didn't look heavy and lasted long. It does smell a bit funky. In later uses it started to pill with my primer and it really showed the dry flakey areas around my acne spots. I also noticed it seemed to be sinking into my pores even though I was using mally's pore filling primer. I think because my skin is not the best ATM it's not working well for me, but I think once it's more balanced this will be a good foundation

on 2/12/2017 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

After watching a bunch of reviews and demos of this product, I was hesitant to buy it due to its seemingly drying effect on the skin. Of course, I still was sucked into buying it after seeing it on display at the store.

When I first tried it as a foundation, I absolutely hated it. I was not into the paint smell at all. It also WAS very drying on the skin. I have dry patches on my chin, nose, and forehead, so this can really ruin a foundation for me. I tried it multiple times all over my face, but even with a damp beauty sponge, I still wasn't able to achieve the effect I wanted. One day, I tried using it to conceal the skin under my eyes. Most concealers fade and look very dry after a normal day of wear, but this foundation looked AMAZING. It didn't look dry at all under my eyes, and it gave a very natural finish. It completely stayed on all day. It even works well with the beauty blender; it doesn't sheer out too much under my eyes. It gives me as much coverage as I need.

Overall, I hate this as a foundation, but it is amazing as an under eye concealer.

so far I really like this foundation! I took some points off because of the color selection. I have neutral undertones and light neutral was way too light and light-medium neutral was way too dark. I bought both and just mix them together.

the coverage is great! I did some extractions before applying this and my skin was bright red and it covered it completely. I have combo skin and even set with powder, I did notice just a bit of separation around my nostrils. but the only foundation that doesn't do that for me is EL double wear. The finish is not totally matte, more of a satin finish I think.

I think the packaging was so nice for such a cheap foundation. glass bottle! Though it has a spatula instead of a pump but that's better than dumping the foundation out like a glass ketchup bottle. I'm going to keep using this foundation for a while! I wish I could upload a picture to really showcase this foundations coverage!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Man, I'm bummed. I really thought I'd love this foundation, seeing as I have hero worship for their Coverall Creme. I bought Coverall as soon as it came out and haven't so much as glanced at another foundation in 4 years. But then Wet 'n' Wild releases a new one. So, logically, if Coverall is my $4 love, then Photo Focus will probably walk on water or cure cancer, right? I digress, but I had high hopes for this.

To be clear, I think this foundation can work for specific people. But-but... Coverall just works for almost every skin type, issue, and need under the sun. Oh well. It's not a bad foundation, it's just not my favorite.

The coverage itself is pretty negligible. If you have off skin like I do (acne, pitting, scarring and the like) you will need a heavy duty concealer (I'd rec Hard Candy Glamoflague for this). But the finish itself is pretty impressive. It's a very natural looking foundation. It dried to a matte finish, and only upon close examination is it obvious that I'm wearing product.

Despite the matte finish, I'm an oily-skinned gal, so I'm pretty cautious. When testing this foundation, I always set it with powder. Same results. After about 6-8 hours, there's consistent fading around my nose and chin. I've tried different powders, primers, methods of application... it still fades.

On the plus side, it didn't appear to irritate my stupid sensitive skin, which is an accomplishment in and of itself. I'm starting to think if I stare too hard at my face, I'll breakout.

And it does look beautiful in photography. Nary a flashback in sight. This was also pretty impressive too. I'm super pale, my natural skintone alone probably looks like flashback. But whatever, I looked nice in photos. Can't complain.

Overall, I wouldn't buy unless you're normal to dry skinned with relatively few flaws. But if you wanna give it a go, it's only $5. I love Wet 'n' Wild for that, the day they raise their prices is probably the day I'll pass Calculus. So... never.

I think I'll keep it around for special events where I know pictures will be taken. Or a hot revenge selfie sent to my ex. Take your pick, it'll work for both.