wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.1

on 4/27/2017 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Great foundation - made my sensitive skin freak out!

This foundation has a fabulous price point and blends beautifully on the skin. With a setting powder, it stays fresh-looking for the majority of the day. Unfortunately for me and my very sensitive, allergy-prone skin, it was just too harsh. It definitely smells a little chemically, and my cheeks (which have a little eczema) flared up immediately and felt rough in texture after wearing this 1x. I also noticed that I would experience a lot more breakouts and irritation on my skin after wearing.

Overall:
PROS
-blends well on skin
-stays in place, lasts a long time
-amazing price point
-cruelty-free

CONS
-smell
-too harsh for sensitive skin
-broke me out

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

YouTube made me buy it. Almost everyone talked about what a great drugstore gem this is and I needed a lighter foundation to mix with my Loreal infallible pro matte. I got soft ivory. The first thing I noticed is when I rubbed this on my hand, the texture of it was really weird. It sat on top of my skin instead of blending into it, and it felt super powdery. Also looked streaky. Then I tested it out on my face. Tried to use my fingers first and oh my god what a mess that was. Streaky, dry, didnt cover anything, it literally looked like I had tried to use plaster as a bb cream or something. So then I tried my sponge. That went way better than my fingers, looked okay, looked pretty dry and powdery still, and still looked as if it was sitting on top of my skin. However it builds nicely and has decent coverage. After one hour I noticed the foundation breaking down around my nose and pores and looking really textured on my forehead. Keep in mind I have absolutely horrible skin (aged beyond my years, textured, cystic acne, dry as a desert) so really I have nothing to blame but my skin, and really *all* foundations except nars sheer glow look pretty crappy on me, but this one just looked unforgivable. I'll probably end up returning it.

If you have oily skin with low texture, this would probably be great for you, and I feel like this foundation is a great value for the price especially since it has the potential to work well for other skin types. There's just no way I could make this work for me.

on 4/25/2017 7:28:00 PM

wonderful foundation for the price!! bought this a few weeks after i bought a super expensive foundation and i was bummed i even wasted my money on the expensive one. makes my skin look flawless and doesn't make me look shiny. Only complaints are the SMELL!! smells like paint!! and it does cling on to my dry patches a bit, but i have yet to find a foundation that doesn't.

I normally wear Revlon Color stay foundation but this Wnw one is a few dollars cheaper.

It has decent medium coverage and a nice selection of shades. My only complaint is that it rubs off too easily. If I touch my face or anything, it comes off much more than other foundations do. I'm not a fan of the spatula applicator, I would prefer it to have a pump instead. For the price, $6 , I would purchase again because it's the cheapest foundation with good coverage

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

After seeing the YouTube hype on this product was pumped to try it. Wet n' wild has been coming out with some awesome products I love! However, after trying this foundation a good 10 times now in all kinds of ways to try and make it work (with all kinds of primers, applications and setting powders - even their photofocus powder), I've gotta say I don't plan to repurchase. I have super oily skin around my t-zone, acne-prone, but dry skin around my mouth and cheeks, so I get the best of both worlds haha. I got the shade golden beige and loved the great yellow undertone for my olive skin, and applying the foundation was easy. At first the application looks great, not matte or dewy, sort in-between, but it doesn't fully dry down, leaves a kind of tacky feeling on your face and you can't apply too much powder unless you wanna look cakey. In addition, it transfers LIKE CRAZY. If I even slightly touch my face I leave foundation fingerprints all over my papers in class, and I wouldn't dare hug someone or lay down on a pillow with this on. And finally, within an hour I am an oil slick. My face looks insanely greasy, the foundation separates, oxidizes, and worst of all it clings on like crazy to the small amount of dry patches on my face. The other day my roommate unknowingly thought I rubbed something on my face and told me to lick my finger and rub it off, and when I went to go look in the mirror I realized my skin texture looked awful, like I had a ton of orange dry patches the foundation was clinging on. It just doesn't look good after initial application and has also begun breaking me out :( I tried so hard to like it and I do love the price and packaging, but it has too many cons to continue using. I'm gonna stick to my L'Oreal Infallible pro-matte for sure.

on 4/9/2017 1:22:00 PM

Love the price point and packaging.. Got the shade "Warm Ivory" which is a really good match to my NC15 skin with a neutral/warm undertone..Good medium coverage, but not very build able or starts to look cakey and pills up..

I'm combo skin, but this was very powdery and matte..way too matte for me and felt powdery and too dry on my skin! Which is a rare thing to find as I get oily on my tzone..

The worst thing is it does not play well with other products, my usual bronzer and blush went on very patchy even when foundation was set before application..Not cute :(

Wouldn't repurchase, and really wouldn't recommend for drier skin types!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Looked good for a hour then my skin got very oily. Broke me out.

on 4/4/2017 12:43:00 AM

~Things i liked about product
Loved the bottle!
Looks nice on skin when applied with a beauty blender type of sponge.
So many shades to choose from!
Most of the shades are online, most of the stores don't carry all of the shades.

~Things i hated about product
Does not blend well with a brush.
When product sets it gets darker.
Looks horrible with matching powder.

I posted a review of this already, but after trying it out more, I decided to redo the review. Because I like it even less.
My Skin Type: I have super oily skin with dry patches that foundation likes to cling to. Lots of redness.

YAYS!
- I thought the shade range (online, at least) was impressive compared to others at the drugstore

MEHS
- The packaging was better than most, but I wasn't crazy about the spatula type applicator. I prefer pumps

BLEHCKS!
- It never set on my skin. I tried waiting, powder, setting spray, combinations of the three. Nothing helped. I would touch my face at different points throughout the day, and not only would it get on my hands, you could easily see where the makeup rubbed off.
- Watery formula. I found it difficult to add a second coat. I've also found that watery formulas cling to dry spots on my nose, and this one was no exception.
- The coverage seemed medium but it didn't cover my redness at all
- It was difficult to add powder products, no matter how long I waited for it to set
- Lasted maybe 3-4 hours okay, but I thought it looked bad right after application, so it was kinda hard to judge
- Not for those with sensitive smell! People were spot on about it smelling like paint. It didn't last long, but it still gave me a headache.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine

I tried this foundation out for a first impression on my youtube channel (chloeluckin), and wasn't expecting much at all. For a foundation which doesn't have any claims about coverage, lasting ability or which skin type it's more suitable for, I just expected it to give a light coverage and to slide off ofmy face after a couple of hours.

I was amazed at how flawless my skin looked when I used it! This is my new obsession, and I've worn it several times since testing it out! The shade I tested was Buff Bisque, which is light-medium neutral. I would have purchased the warm shade, however, they had a very limited selection in Walmart when I went to America for my holiday, as they had all basically SOLD OUT! For a colour reference, I'm always between (or one of these) the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in 1W2 Sand and 2W1 Dawn. The colour match was very good, however the undertone was a little too pink.

I feel like this foundation is a dupe for the Estee Lauder Double wear. It has the same constancy, feels and looks the same on the skin. A little less coverage, as you need more to build up to the same as the Double Wear. Doesn't last as long, but lasted amazingly for 9 hours.

My Skin Type:
Oily-Combination Skin, very oily t-zone with redness and blemishes, acne prone.

PROS:
Very affordable - retails for $5-$6.
Long lasting - still looked flawless after 9 hours of wear.
Great for oily skin.
Didn't break me out.
Didn't irritate my sensitive skin.
Looks HD, and evens out skin texture and pores.
Amazing selection of colour - Fair-Deep Dark colours in Cool, Neutral and Warm undertones.
Easily build able.
Great coverage - medium and can be built up to almost full.
No flashback or white cast in photos.
No strong scent.
Spatula Applicator.
Packaging is glass, and feels very luxurious.

CONS
Very hard to find if you don't live in the US or Canada - Wet n Wild doesn't ship internationally.
Sells out very quickly, so very hard to find your shade in stock.
Sinks into pores after 6 hors if not used with a pore-filling primer.

For more reviews, check our my youtube channel: Chloeluckin