wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.1

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I had trouble finding a foundation; I either found something too dark or for whatever reason, it just didn't work for me.

But I think I finally found the right foundation, although I was a bit skeptical of it at first due to the price. I have this in the shade "Soft Ivory" (light-warm undertone) and I love it so much. So I'll just break down the pros and cons of it.

The only issues with it are that it smells a little bit like paint (but it goes away after you blend it, although the smell doesn't bother me personally), and it can emphasize skin texture a little bit.

However, the things I like about this foundation are that it has never oxidized on me, it blends out perfectly (I use a sponge to apply it), it's under 10 dollars, I like the formula, I love the coverage, and I have to admit the spatula applicator has grown on me.
I also like the fact that this has 20 shades ranging from Porcelain to Mahogany along with specific undertones for each shade. I have yet to test it out with flash photography, though.

All in all, I love this foundation and I plan on getting it again when I run out of this. <3

on 8/2/2017 6:20:00 PM

My boyfriend's mom purchased two shades from this foundation line and they were too light for her. She gave them to me to see if maybe I would be a match considering I'm fair-skinned (I've never reached a "Medium" label in the makeup line like ever). Both shades were super light on my already light skin and just ugh I don't even know how to describe the way it stayed on my skin. I had primer on but it was as if the foundation just clung to my skin for dear life. Trying to remove it was awful and it was just like smearing it in the area applied. The smell is gag-worthy. Someone said it was akin to paint thinner and I agree wholeheartedly. I did like the little spatula attached to the cap though!

on 6/19/2017 3:33:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This foundation has a great color range, especially for such an affordable brand. I love the little applicator wand and the simple glass packaging. The shades also come with undertone descriptions on the bottle, which is handy and makes choosing your shade a lot easier.

Performance-wise, it works really well for me. It does sink into my pores and accentuate them, so I have to make sure to use a pore filling primer on certain areas before application. It's definitely not a natural foundation, it is obvious I am wearing foundation when I apply this. That being said, it looks beautiful after proper prep and it provides a really nice medium/full, buildable coverage. It wears well for several hours (as long as I set it). The longest I've worn it is maybe 5 hours in very warm weather and it held up really well, even in my T zone. I am very acne prone and I don't feel that this foundation breaks me out, which is a HUGE bonus.

However it smells horrible, like literal paint. I mean, I'm sure the majority of foundations smell this way before added scents and masking agents. But actually smelling it as I apply it to my face gives me anxiety by confronting me with the reality of how horrible for your skin foundation actually is. Due to this, I never reach for it anymore. It's not always the case that more affordable foundations have worse ingredients, but when it comes to this foundation, I do think that my skin has been sensitive to it. I have experienced a bit of stinging after application, but it could've been something else as I only experienced this once or twice. But all of these factors combined just kind of make me reluctant to retry it past the initial tests.

I actually really hate this foundation and am totally surprised when I see it talked up in the beauty-sphere. Number one, it smells god-awful. I'm not usually one to complain about scents, and I don't need all my products to smell like roses, but this was just unbearable. It smelled like cheap paint and it never faded, I could smell it on my face all day. Aside from that, it just ended up bringing out all my texture issues, so I just looked like a bumpy, cakey mess. The longevity was average for me, about 7 to 8 hours, but it just looked so uneven, even though I applied it with my real techniques sponge.

The bright side is that the shade I bought, nude ivory, was a great match for my neutral fair skintone. I also only paid about $6 for this at CVS, so it's a great option of this works for you (although I can only see it working for people with normal skin completely free of any texture issues like closed comedomes, acne scars, dry patches, ect., and those people might not even be inclined to choosing this medium-full coverage foundation). Either way, I advise you to save your money and look for better rated drugstore options.

on 6/12/2017 2:16:00 AM

Will finish the bottle but will not purchase again. cons: it's CAKEY when you build it up, it's thick, feels like a thick mask on my face, smells like paint but it's not as bad as the revlon colorstay, it broke up around my nose. Pros: the price is good and the packaging is good quality. I don't recommend

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This foundations has an array of problems, which makes me pretty sad because it's one of my best matches.

- Smells AWFUL. I felt like I was putting paint all over my face. The smell took forever to go away too.
- After only a few hours of wear, without anything like sweating, it was breaking up on my face and there were spots where you can tell it was just gone.
- Felt tacky all day like it never dried but at the same time dried me out like crazy. It also sits on top of the skin, never really blending in.
- Emphasized the texture of my face as well as dry patches even after moisturizing and exfoiliating. I have pretty small pores but this foundation wanted to make it noticeable.
- BROKE ME OUT SO BAD!!! I don't have sensitive skin and I've never been prone to acne, but only after one use of this product, I had at least 5 pimples the next day.

On top of all of this, I like the packaging minus the paddle inside the bottle. It just adds an extra step and I'd rather not use the paddle straight on my face for risk of bacteria transfer/cleanliness. A pump would have been better for this product.

Ugh wanted to like this foundation so bad because so many Youtubers were raving about it...

BUT...

-The smell is SO strong like paint
-Broke me out TERRIBLE and I never get zits
-Feels oily like it never dries down
-Emphasizes dry patches that I didn't even know I had
-Separated badly on the skin
-& lastly gathered in my pored to where it looked like I had little dots of foundation on my skin and my pores aren't even big

Overall..a BUST! But foundations react differently on everybody so for the price it may work for you.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Before I self tanned the lightest shade was way too light and pink toned for me, the very next shade was way too dark and orange. There was no in between despite having 20 different shade options. Once I self tanned I had this beautiful medium tan that fit the Golden Beige shade perfectly.
Now the coverage of this is completely full and masks all of my large pores, discoloration and acne bumps. It dries to a natural semi-matte finish but concealer doesn't glide over this without a little tug so I usually avoid putting any of the foundation near my eyes. It also lasts really well when my sweat starts to break through as I wore this while cleaning my house with zero touch ups and only looked slightly shiny if at all. The formula of this is actually very smooth and doesn't look cakey especially on my upper lip which can be very dry.
The packaging absolutely sucks. I would have preferred a pump, pour out bottle, tube, or doe foot applicator. Anything but this super flat spatula that is really hard to distribute any product to the face. You would think taking product directly from the bottle itself would be easier but then where would you put the spatula without getting all surfaces dirty with foundation? Yes you just need a paper towel of some sort but if people are already doing that then they just need to ditch the spatula all together.
For $5.99 though I can get over the hang ups to appreciate it's smooth formula.

Didn't break me out. Lasted throughout the work day. Def wouldn't sleep in, but that's because I don't sleep in makeup period. It's buildable. I have scars, marks, huge pores, uneven skin tone, pretty much all the ugliness from picking and the sun etc. buuuuut this does a great job of making me look flawless or better... I have noticed rub off but I also don't use primer or get toooo technical running out the house in the morning to make it to work. I slap it on and set with the photoready powder and I'm good to go. Packaging is whatever, honestly I slap it on my hand anyways and use a beauty blender but the last few times just Bc my bb is dirty, I actually used a brush and it also is really nice with that as well.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I'm currently loving this foundation for my eyeryday use! It's inexpensive and I don't feel guilty using it for work everyday. It has a nice thin liquid texture, looks really natural on the skin, and very build-able. It lasts well throughout the work day on me without breaking up, and when I use a setting powder it looks just as fresh as in the morning. I have normal to dry skin and this doesn't look cakey on me. For reference I'm about a nc35 in mac and I use the shade golden beige. It's perfect!