wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

This is such a weird foundation because it seems like it either works beautifully or ends up being a complete disaster. Sadly, I'm in the latter camp. This stuff picks up on every single dry spot and every single pore and just looks unpleasantly cakey on my face. The wide shade range is commendable, and it is less than $5, but that's about it. It does look like the type of formula that is better suited for oily skin, however.

Smells like paint and feels heavy on the skin. My skin is more on the dry side and this definitely emphasized that- turned splotchy and did not cover any redness or acne. Do not recommend!

on 3/23/2018 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I prefer a natural finish but bought this for days I need higher coverage. I dislike this foundation and here is why:
-Horrible smell that is difficult to ignore
- Very drying and can look cakey on the face, do not recommend this for people with dry skin
- Feels heavy on the skin after application
- Matte finish on me

Pros: price is great, it does cover redness on the skin, and looks pretty good in photographs (not as good in real life)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Alright so I'm a teen who wears makeup everyday to go to school and this what I can say so far about this foundation. A little goes a long way. And it has super good coverage, covers all my acne scars and it stays on all day. Also a really good colour match for my brown complexion. I really liked the spatula thing too, it was cool and I'm starting to think I like it better than the pump. Anyways, the downside? This foundation is so mattifying, your skin looks dry so make sure to moisturize a lot. And why doesn't it come out of my foundation brush? I thought there was something wrong with it so I tossed it and bought a new one but it was still stained from this foundation????????? Idk but for the price and quantity I would buy again

on 3/18/2018 12:05:00 AM

I was so excited to try this product after hearing such great reviews from youtubers and reviewers online but I quickly was disappointed. The smell is terrible but I can get past that just fine, it's the overall effect on my skin that really made me hate this foundation! I got little, hive-like pimples all over my face and it seemed to emphasize all my imperfections! It covered the discoloration on my face but my pores seemed huge when I used this foundation, which is not usually an issue for me. I tried using this product with moisturizer, with primer, without anything, with various powders or without them, etc. I tried everything, hoping so much to like it! I love the price but I just couldn't make it look nice on my skin. I'm in my 20's but my skin looked like I was much much older. Beware of this product! It might be great for you, and I hope that's the case, but it could be a terrible waste of the $4-$5 you'll spend on it!

on 3/14/2018 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Smells like paint and applies like paint. If you think that's good, think of a wall with pockmarks then paint it. From far away you can't see the pockmarks (i.e. my face) but up close it's horrible. Forget about building up the foundation because it goes into cake city after the first layer. Goodbye.

on 3/2/2018 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation ruined my beauty blender and my foundation brush.

It will not wash out of any make-up application tools. I went from thinking it was holy grail to being so pissed off at it.

Pros: Great coverage, I had no need to powder my face which was amazing
Cons: Looks crap when applied with fingers and ruins sponges and brushes so.... Can't use it. Smells like paint. Spatula is a bit stupid tbh.

on 2/24/2018 3:19:00 PM

Its good for everyday use but it’s not full coverage and it get a little bit crease so surly needs some fix powder

I have dry skin and prefer light dewy foundations, but occasionally if I travel or my skin looks jank, I want a heavier foundation. This is pretty good. The color matched perfectly and shape tape goes on smoothly over it. Don't try more than one layer cuz it looks heavy cakey and hard to blend. It sets nicely without powder but I like the matching powder just cuz why not. Overall my skin looks about the same if I use all Tarte prods plus this is hugely cheaper. Like all heavy foundations, this causes a lot of tiny millia acne. I would use it for one-time kinda things like a weekend away or something...as a daily foundation it would b havoc on ur skin. Overall it's really nice and a better value than say Tarte, but I really dislike photo-perfect foundations bc they're too heavy and drying and really are best just on picture days. The spatula btw is just dumb. No pump? But being hella cheaper than Tarte, this is a good cheap dupe, just don't make it ur everyday makeup or ur skin will be a wreck.

on 2/16/2018 10:08:00 AM

I’m 30 yo; I’ve never had break outs that look like almost hives small bumps on my face esp the chin and delicate skin. After using this foundation for a few weeks my face is completely broke out! I’ve never had problems with acne aside from normal teenager pimples. I don’t have a family history of acne. The only thing that’s changed over the last 2 months or more is this foundation. It’s almost like my skin can’t breathe, so it gets irritated with these tiny bumps everywhere. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone because I had zero problems beforehand!