Catrice HD Liquid Coverage Foundation

4.2

Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Talc, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polypropylene, Isododecane, Cetyl PEG / PPG-10 / 1 Dimethicone, Nylon-12, HDI / Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Glycerin, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I won't lie, I'm a bit of a brand snob when it comes to make up. You'll usually find me in MAC or Urban Decay, although I never dismiss drugstore foundations either.

I was mooching about the shop and had heard many positive things about Catrice, so tried this foundation and liked it.

The bottle is frosted glass and comes with a dropper/ pipette, which I'm sure divides people as to whether they like it or loathe it! I quite like the idea. It is a runny foundation, so a dropper is probably the best option so stop the foundation going everywhere!

I find the product blends nicely and sits nicely on my skin. I have normal edging on dry skin and the oil-free formula of this seems to go well with my skin. I usually steer clear of anything that says mattifying, because I get dry, but this one isn't drying.

It lasts a good amount of time on my skin (a day at work!) and doesn't seem to go patchy. (I do use setting spray though!) Would it last 24 hours as advertised on the bottle? Hmmm... I'm not sure about that. To be fair, I love my bed too much so the chances of me wearing make up for a full 24 hours is slim! It lasts until I cleanse my face at night!

The second skin claim I would agree with. It gives a natural but good coverage (medium) and doesn't look blindingly obvious I'm wearing a layer of make up.

I probably would buy this foundation again, given the price and the coverage. Would it replace my MAC Face and Body? For days when I want fuller and longer lasting coverage, maybe, but not permanently.

I'm not sure how I feel about this foundation yet. I still need to wear it a few more times, I think. I don't think I am applying it correctly for MY skin. I may need to mix some oil drops in it or something. The color matches and it seems to look ok once I put it on but something happens immediately after I put it on with or without a primer and it rolls off my face, lol. It is the strangest thing. I've never had a foundation do that. So, I don't want to give it a negative review until I know for sure it's not something I'm doing wrong.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

10.99 for 1.05 oz.

Hi-Def Coverage! Catrice's HD Liquid Coverage Foundation is an ultra-lightweight, high coverage foundation for a natural looking finish.

Benefits:

Covers imperfections and mattifies the skin creating a smooth and even complexion for up to 24 hours
Features a unique dropper applicator
Paraben free
Not tested on animals

I got this on when the website had a 3/10.00 sale. I figured I would hate it and I was right. I got the color 010 and it a too light.I almost ordered 030 sand beige but some reviews said it oxidized so I went lighter. If I mixed 010 and 030 it might have worked as far as the color goes. 020 is too pink. It only has 4 colors, which is ridiculous! This made me look like death. It was so bad. It is very drying, dries very fast, totally matte, accentuated pores I never saw before, lines I never new I had and it looked awful. Hands down one of the worst I have ever used. I like a dewy look and this was insanely matte. Never use this without moisturizer, oil or primer.

It has a powdery smell, not strong, nice. I imagine for girls that like a really matte finish and have oilier skin and zero fine lines and always wear a primer this might work nicely. I played around with it and when I mixed it with Catrice Prime and Fine Nude Glow Primer it looked ok, but just ok, still accentuated pores and fine lines and the color was not great. I also mixed it with my Pixi H2O to get a little more coverage, that look awful, washed it off. I mixed it with Cerave moisturizer, that looked kind of nice for an hour or so, then the matte, flat look returned. I tried it over Becca Backlight primer, still a no go.

The bottle is heavy glass with a nice dropper which is really needed because you have to shake it well, then dispense and it's very watery. I might try some other things to make this work, but I think this will be passed onto a family member or friend that likes matte foundations and has zero lines anywhere on their face. It was worth $3.33 just to try it because I have been curious about this one for a while but I don't think I will ever like this. The finish is anything BUT natural looking on me. Complete pasty cake face. If it wasn't matte, and the color was better, I probably would have liked it.

Supposedly it lasts 24 hours. I'm not sure if it will but it lasted 8 hours without breaking down except the time I mixed it with moisturizer. Another thing I want to mention is that it is very hard to wash off. The first time i used it I tested it on my hand and inside of my arm to make sure there would be no bad reaction. That night when I took my bath it was still there, under water. I used Dove Dry Oil soap and it still stayed on. I took a brown wash cloth and rubbed it and it began to come off but not easily, and it was easy to see on the dark wash cloth, so if use with no primer or anything else it might last 24 hours because it was sure reluctant to come off. So if you use this I suggest double cleansing your face because you may think it's off and it may not be. I've never worn the same foundation for 24 hours but if your skin isn't oily and you can use this with no primer, I think it might last 24 hours.

I would have given it 1 lippie but since I think it might just be my extreme dislike of matte foundations that made it now work, I'll give it a 3 for nice packaging then deduct one for horrible color range, 4 colors??? So 2 lippies plus another .5 for how long it lasts, but -.5 for how hard it is to remove. Final rating 2. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Love this product although the lightest shade, 010 light beige is definitely too dark for me. Great consistency, can use it with a Real Techniques miracle sponge, a silicone sponge or the Real Techniques expert face brush, the finish is amazing with all of those tools. Medium to high coverage, matte finish that looks natural, longlasting and buildable. Lightweight. I use it without primer or with the Nivea men after shave. Good packaging, handy dropper which is great for dosing the product. I am acne prone but this product didn't break me out. Does what it claims to do. Wish there was a broader shade range. Good value for the price. Overall good product.

This foundation broke me out so badly! I have breakout prone skin so it can happen from time to time- but never with such intensity. After just one use I ended up with four huge “cystic” pimples on my forehead and temples- it’s where I always test new foundations (kind of a patch test). Luckily I didn’t apply it on the rest of my face- it took weeks for my skin to heal.
The smell is rather unpleasant- baby powder like. I’m not a fan of the packaging, I’d much prefer pump applicator.
As for the coverage, it’s impressive, and the finish is quite flawless, but heavy- it’s a “special occasion” foundation (eg. for wedding or stage).
The shade selection is very poor, but it’s Catrice- they were never famous for having big shade range. They cater mainly to ~NC20-NC35 skin tone.

I really like this foundation but it makes my skin breakouts. Im having breakout at unusual spot it's weird. I really like the coverage and it layers beautifully. I dont have to use any concealer to cover my problematic areas. I find it easier to apply when i used clean brush using stipling and dabbing technique. I set it with my coty airspun because i still feel tacky after applying it and it stays through out the day.

Wow what a beautiful foundation! It's full coverage and leaves a soft matte finish it doesn't look heavy or cakey and layers beautifully! I adore this foundation as for the price and the way it performs it's actually phenomenal!
So glad I tried this, will definitely be stocking up!

This is a great foundation that feels lightweight yet provides excellent medium to full coverage. I love that it smells like baby powder and applies so well on the skin. I used a paddle brush and a stippling brush - both work great but the paddle brush seems to absorb way more product. Wore well for me between 6 - 8 hours without setting powder.

The packaging feels very high end. Due to the runny texture of the product, having a dropper seems to most ideal way to get it out rather than a pump although I foresee issues getting that very last bit of product out when it is running low. Nonetheless, this is still a great foundation that performs well.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Soo I've been using this foundation for almost a year now As you could notice I keep buying it so I do like it First of all, the package is so nice and easy to use It's very liquid almost as liquid as water is Coverage is medium to high and I think it can be full with the help of concealer (: For me, it looks the most beautiful when applies with sponge Blends easily Stays for a really long time even though my face gets a bit oily after a while I suppose you can fix it using the powder I personally didn't try to because I don't use powder because I'm always going for more natural look The only thing I do not like about this foundation is that the lightest shade is still a bit too dark for me so I have to blend it down my neck

I have had it for a week now and the temperatures have been cool and dry and very hot and humid, just to give context.

I have combination, aging skin with visible pores on the T zone.

Dries to a powdery finish, matte but natural looking

PROS
Very good for hot weather foundation
VERY blendable. No masking effect
A little goes a long way. Three to four drops did my whole face (see hints below)
Medium to High coverage
Matte and powder finish
Pipette dropper for ease of use
Lightweight and feels like you're not wearing foundation
Doesn't settle into fine lines or wrinkles
Covered my dry skin very well without flaking
Covered a scar on my face that usually requires concealer
Covered a blemish VERY well and didn't come off
Matched my skin tone well. Usually I am an Ivory but in this case I was Rose Beige. Someone with really fair skin may actually get a good tone match from this!

CONS
Needs a setting spray if you have oily spots
Accentuated my pores like crazy (but I didn't use a pore refining primer as they slide off my skin. Others may have better luck if using a primer).
Glass bottle- while some folks love this, I'm a clutz and I dropped this in the sink and it made a hole... in the ceramic sink. Literally, a small hole the size of a pencil eraser. The bottom is solid, solid glass. I'm surprised the bottle didn't break.
Removal- had to do THREE wipes with makeup remover to get it all off.
Very difficult to properly clean brushes used to apply product. The stuff gets deep into the bristles and is difficult to clean with a cleaning spray. I ended up using brush cleaning soap to get it all out.
I would likely not use this in winter as I need a more dewy foundation with more moisture for my skin.

HINTS-
I had really good results with a large powder brush to apply. Only needed 3-4 drops
A foundation brush (Real Techniques) required 6-8 drops for the same coverage. It wasn't as blendable with a foundation brush and it was kind of streaky
I used a beauty sponge (damp) to apply and it was very sheer, natural coverage.
I really got the brush damp and then added brush cleansing soap to get it clean. Very difficult to do without getting the ferrule wet.

LIPPIE RATING
I only gave this a 3/5 because of the high pore visibility, however, someone else who uses a primer may have better luck than myself.
I wouldn't buy this again only because I am ticked off that I have to buy a new bathroom sink! But I might change my mind after I finish the bottle =-P
This would be a bit difficult to travel with as the bottle is huge. Maybe transferring to a smaller bottle with a pipette may be a good solution.

Hope this helps!