Catrice HD Liquid Coverage Foundation

4.2

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like the color match. I am pale olive ( MUFE Y235) and shade 10 is good. Would be perfect if it was a little more yellow but at least it is not pink. The effect is beautiful but I get oily very quickly. in 2 hours I need to powder but I seem to be the only one with this problem. I don't even have a very oily skin..

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

update 03.11.19: i love this foundation so much lol. there is not a shade that works for me in the line as it currently is, so i have only used it mixed in with other things since i first bought it, but i swear it mixes amazingly with EVERYTHING (i believe all of my other foundations are silicone-based fwiw).

i have pretty oily skin, and use oil blotting sheets throughout the day. usually i mix this with other foundations as well as some serums and a moisturizer, in varying quantities. when i use a heavier hand with this foundation specifically, the finish of my base is super smooth and pretty, it never looks cakey, doesn't highlight any dry patches etc, and the coverage improves significantly (plus it stays more matte throughout the day). my favorite way to apply it is with a cushion puff (i mix my base up regularly in a cushion compact) but it still goes on beautifully with a sponge or even a brush. it's really just a great product and i hope they expand their shade range again soon - i bet it looks just as fantastic on its own. i recommend it to literally everyone, it's my absolute favorite foundation.

*more detailed info on my coloring/undertones can be found on my profile for those curious

I just can't rave enough about this foundation. This is my HG foundation!
It is extremely beautiful on combo skin with some textural issue/s. I am in between NC 20 - 25 and I would mix Light Beige (10) and Warm Beige (40) to get my perfect shade. This works perfectly with my L'Oreal Magic Base primer with my Elta MD SPF 41 Sunscreen.

I always use a sponge applying this foundation. I hope you try it.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation has become my HG liquid foundation. For so many reasons:

- it looks natural, not cakey
- easy to apply, it is a serum foundation, the cap has a built-in eyedropper, I just put some drops on my foundation brush
- long wearing if you use a setting spray
- medium to heavy coverage, it is very pigmented
- matte finish, can make it dewy by combining with a drop of facial oil
- long lasting

The bottle says it is mattifying. I can't tell because I have normal skin.

I'm an NC20 and use the shade 30 Sand Beige.

The Catrice website (www.catricecosmetics.com) has 18 shades. Ulta only carries four shades.

I love the way this looks on my skin because I have textured skin and this has a slight blurring effect. Best of all, it costs $10.99.

Note: this product contains talc, it is the third ingredient in the list

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a good dupe for Fenty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation. I have a review for that in my profile, I prefer the Catrice. A comparison has been added to the bottom of my review here.

Too-long-didn't-read version:

Cons:
-Shades run dark
-Oxidizes

Pros:
-No make up-y texture
-Full coverage
-NEVER cakey
-Dries matte
-Blurs pores
-Doesn't break me out
-Easy to blend

I bought this in the lightest shade, 010 Light Beige. It's literally basic white girl pumpkin spice colored. For reference I am <nc10 so I didn't expect a dead on match. But this is bad. Their shade selection sucks as there's only 4 to choose from. It's also very warm, despite so many reviews saying it's cool/pink toned. Perhaps there's a variation in undertone between countries. But my bottle is definitely an orange-y warm hue.

That is the only thing I hate about this foundation. If they launched a paler shade, it'd rival with my all time holy grail foundation. I am VERY oily, acne/rosacea prone, and most foundations make my pores look like craters. I was SHOCKED how much coverage this offers for such a liquidy formula. I started out with 3 drops the first time and before I went to blend I told myself I'd put 3 more drops on. But as I started to blend this...I quickly realized 6 would be insane. 3 was insane. 2 is perfect. It covers everything. What's even better is my skin still looks like skin. This is a thin formula. I can NOT imagine it ever looking cakey on anyone. My skin looks perfect with this on. It even blurs out my pores if I blend it enough. Sometimes there'll be a few pores still visible and I find I just have to keep blending it in until they "disappear".

It dries matte. I have no complaints about the lasting power. I do want to note the reason I chose this was based off the ingredient list. It has a very high amount of Talc in it. Some might hate that, but for my pizza face... it's the best ingredient possible in a liquid foundation. That's what makes it so matte. Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse is my holy grail foundation due to the coverage/matte finish. That also has a high % of talc. I don't know how Catrice managed to make the formula so light/liquidy with Talc as the 3rd ingredient. Also there is nothing in this that clogs *my* pores. I can't tolerate vitamin e (tocopheryl acetate), waxes, and more. It's almost perfect.

-------------

9/20/2018:

I owned the Fenty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear BEFORE purchasing the Catrice. I had no clue they'd be similar otherwise I wouldn't have tried this product because I HATED the Fenty. But I ended up loving the Catrice and when I looked for a dupe (ingredient wise) with better shades the Fenty was first to pop up. Its the titanium dioxide amount in Fenty that ruins their palest shade 100. I tried out shade 120 from Fenty, which is too dark for me, and it was just like the Catrice formula.

Ingredient comparison I have made:

Fenty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation: Water, Dimethicone, Talc, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polypropylene, Isododecane, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Glycerin, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Methicone, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Propylene Carbonate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Parfum/Fragrance, Silica, Biosaccharide Gum-4, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Paullinia Cupana Seed Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid. May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499).

Catrice HD Liquid Foundation: Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Talc, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polypropylene, Isododecane, Cetyl PEG / PPG-10 / 1 Dimethicone, Nylon-12, HDI / Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Glycerin, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Update to my 8.2018 review, because every time I put this stuff on after taking a break from it to try other things, I'm blown away at how pretty this foundation is.....

This has become my HG foundation. It's so lightweight, neutral tones (not too pink, not too yellow) and BLURS. I do not use it as my only foundation, rather, I use it as a foundation mixer with more silicone/dewy foundations. The fact that these have droppers makes this work so much better. I found using this alone, I was having to use the dropper a ton and mix two shades and I think it sits too matte on it's own for my skin. Using as a mix-in also helps prolong other foundations, as well as prolong this foundation, by only needing a little as a mix in to make a huge difference.
I used to wear CG Outlast 3-in-1, but i swear with the "new look", the formulation has changed, so I no longer wear that foundation.

NC15 neck, NC20 face because of melasma. Strong yellow undertones. Because of melasma, it's hard to find a foundation that doesn't oxidize too much, yet not be too light that it looks like a mask over melasma. I also get shiny because of my BP gel I wear to keep my skin clear, so I need something without a super dewy finish.

I have 01 light beige and 03 sand beige. One for winter, one for summer Since I use it as a mix in, I use shade 01 with darker foundations that need lightening (and blurring/mattifying) and shade 03 with too light foundations. This gives me 2 sets of foundation to use year around - which will last me FOREVER. Shade 01 is a tad too light for me, shade 03 is a tad too dark once it oxidizes. So mixing with others works very well for me. It also helps other foundations (wet n wild photofocus) blur my pores and stay matte for much longer.

I wouldn't say its mattifying but I like it! It does oxidizes a bit and can look orange in the winter time, but in summer, this is my go to!
It wears all day, doesn't feel heavy on my face and it has a nice decent coverage. I love the dropper because it's easier to mix it in with other foundations.

I'm in love with this foundation! After years of trying different foundations, hands down, this is the best one for my skin. Beautiful finish and good level of coverage. I got it while on vacay in Europe, tried it on and the next day went for another bottle. Very good quality, doesn't oxidize on me, doesn't flake my skin or get into the eye area wrinkles. I apply it with damp beauty blender and it last whole day without moving anywhere. The only thing is the dropper - I am not a fan of the foundation getting on the dropper and then when bottle is closed, it all gets out and the top of the bottle gets dirty and sticky, but i can live with this.

I'm on my forth bottle, which is why I'm so surprised to see the average rating. There are very few foundations I've repurchased so many times, in fact, I think ELDW is the only one that I can say I've bought more of.

This is extremely affordable, with a beautiful finish. I does oxidize, but I've found this is only the case when I use certain moisturisers underneath it. It is also long lasting. That being said, the shade range is shockingly terrible, and the dropper bottle is not great, I'd much rather have a bottle with a pump.

All round a really good product for the price range.

This foundation has only 4 shades!! IT has good coverage, but shades are horrible. They are light, but the lightest one is still too dark on me and it oxidises grey! Also it’s got flashback so on photos it looks white. I have had some okay results mixing it eith Wet’n’wild photofocus in Porcelain however I wouldn’t recommend it.