wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

4.1

on 1/18/2017 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I am truly impressed by the drugstore liquid lipstick! Trust me when I say it is the only one you need! It goes on opaque and dries down to a matte finish that is slightly drying but not uncomfortable at all. It looks good on the lips and doesn;t make them look extra wrinkly! It also lasts all day...through drinks, meals, you name it. I highly recommend this, especially for the price! You will not be disappointed

I have some lip swatches on my blog here :

on 1/14/2017 9:56:00 PM

This product honestly exceeded my expectations. I picked up the shade Rebel Rose from Walgreens, and it is the PERFECT everyday mauvey/pink color; I have a feeling I won't be able to stop wearing this one.

The texture of this lipstick is very smooth and creamy; it reminds me of the Kylie lip kits. When it dries down, it is also very comfortable-- it honestly didn't feel very drying on my lips at all. It did wear off a bit after eating, but even my high end liquid lipsticks do that (and I tend to rub my lips together a lot), so I wasn't expecting a miracle. For the price, you literally can't go wrong, $5 is a steal for this. *Highly* recommend!

on 1/11/2017 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I own the shades Berry Recognize, Missy and Fierce, Video Vixen, Give Me Mocha, and Nice to Fuchsia. The formula is pretty comfortable for the most part; it's a matte so it is a bit drying, but nowhere near as bad as some other brands. Wear time is roughly 10 hours- I can wear them all day at work, and go out for dinner afterward with minimal fading. They do get a little crumbly in the center after hour 7 or so, but layer beautifully. The only colors I've had trouble with are Missy and Fierce and Video Vixen. M&F was noticeably drier than the other shades, and started crumbling after about 4 hours. VV applied very streaky and had to be layered to get a semi-even appearance (but this is a common issue with darker, 'vampy' shades). Overall, I'm very impressed by these liquid lipsticks. They perform as good as, and even better than some of my higher end matte liquid lipsticks.

Pros:
relatively comfortable formula
impressive wear time
very transfer resistant
cheaply priced

Cons:
darker colors go on streaky
some formulas seem drier than others
crumble in the center of the mouth after a few hours

on 1/10/2017 11:42:00 AM

This product is perfect for my style. I love matte, no transfer lipstick, and this is just that! Once the product drys down there is no transfer, it stays in place, and feels lightweight on my lips. The only con I would say is that you have to be careful applying the darker shades to get even lines and color. They also can be a bit drying to the lips, but that can be fixed with a good round of chapstick. Overall, very affordable and great quality.

on 1/9/2017 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought the Vixen (dark red) and pink hard about it (light pink) and i had hopes for these. The packaging is nice enough. Clear doe foot applicator which is fancy lol

But the formula is lacking. I'm pretty spoiled by High End and i wouldnt buy these again.
The formula is comfortable and creamy on application-even feels like a thick waxy chapstick. And it dries comfortably BUT IT IS SO PATCHY AND STREAKY. The lighter shade wasn't as bad but the darker shade was AWFUL. Lol the Milani ones are much better imo, except the milani ones dont last at all. So it's a catch 22 i supppose.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm one of those makeup junkies who loves bold lipsticks, but lives in a very windy climate. I also wear my hair down almost exclusively, due to laziness. So if I step outside for a minute rocking my boldest red lip, you can imagine the outcome. It's horrific.

Thus the need for a good liquid lipstick to avoid hair sticking to my lips and smearing the color all over my face. I like to arrive to work not looking like a drunk trainwreck, and a liquid lipstick would help fit the bill.

I've tried 5 drugstore brand liquid lipsticks, and 3 sucked (L'Oreal, Maybelline, and Palladio... they just flat out refuse to dry down like a stubborn toddler) and 2 were pretty good, but a little drying (Makeup Revolution and Jordana). Wet 'n' Wild knocks them all out of the park.

First off, the applicator is a dream. It's a doe foot with a slight dip which somehow manages to pick up just enough product for a full application. You can, however, build up the color if you like. It layers just fine. But I find one swipe gives full color.

It dries down completely in about a minute, but doesn't feel like it's sucked the life out of my lips. It doesn't feel heavy either. Most times, I forget I'm even wearing it.

It wears like iron too. It won't crumble, fade, whatever. But you will need a hardcore oil remover to get it off. (Neutrogena has a great one, btw)

For $5, I'll buy any shade that flatters me, and I hope they release more. It's a great formula, and it keeps me from looking crazy any time I step outside during a windy day (which, in the Midwest, is pretty much everyday... lawd). I'm legit impressed, I'd hug the CEO if I could. That's not weird, right?

Eh, whatever. Buy this lipstick. Thank me later.

on 12/26/2016 3:04:00 PM

WOW!! I have no words to describe how amazing these new catsuit liquid lipsticks from wet n wild are and ESPECIALLY at this amazing $5 price point!

The colors I bought were think pink, rebel rose, oh my dolly, and nice to fuscia. All four of them are comparable to my high-end liquid lipsticks. I'm use to the Dose of Colors liquid lipstick formula and though I will say they are not as creamy as DOC they are still very pigmented, opaque, extremely long lasting, and just creamy enough to be easy to work with. I'm so happy wet n wild made these beautiful liquid lippies and I hope they become a permanent part of their collection!! If the brand keeps these liquid lippies I will seriously start using these to replace my DOC lipsticks that I use up. Seriously, hurry up and get the colors you want before they're gone. For $5 these are an epic win! Thanks Wet n Wild!

on 12/25/2016 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Oh my goodness! This week I got 2 liquid lipsticks from Jouer just SURE that they would be "the one"....wrong. I have heard so much about these I HAD to try them! Wow...I'm amazed!

Pros
* no prune lips
* amazing applicator
* LONG wearing...I wore it to bed and it was on when I woke up
*you can layer it to touch up

Cons
*this is so small....it doesn't jive with the part of your lips that is moist...erg..you know that trick where you put your finger in your mouth to get the excess lipstick off your lips so it doesn't get on your teeth? Yeah..do that. 😆

In closing, worth a try..I'm getting more!

on 12/22/2016 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I can't believe I'm saying this, but…

WET N WILD KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK

…With this one. I never liked *anything* from Wet N Wild, but this formula is amazing on my dry, easily-cracked lips.

(LA Splash Milani Amore Matte, I'm talking to you!)

The formula is just right; it isn't thin and chalky (NYX Soft Matte), heavy and thick (NYX Liquid Suede, Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid Matte, L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Gloss, Armani Lip Maestro), thick (NYX Lip Lingerie, MAC), too expensive (Too Faced, KVD, Kylie), AND it dries in a minute without transfer.

I got Give Me Mocha, hoping for a brown-tinged red, but i was pleasantly surprised with the true red on my NC40 skin.

$5 well-spent!

Edit 3/31/17: I just got rebel rose that is the most awesome color; I wish they'd get these in the display!!!
---
Original review: Wetnwild is so awesome! They've done it yet again--managed to hoodwink us--and create a top notch product for under $5!! Amazing!! I have Give Me Mocha a beautiful brown & I want more! For $35 I got a whole box of makeup I ordered online I'm very pleased w everything. Cruelty free yesss sign me upppp this lasts as long as my Jeffree Star, Kylie, & KvD lipsticks yes this can play w the big names just fine!! It's just hard to tell from the color swatches online what is what so I guess I need it order them all. Let me be an enabler you need 1 of these lipsticks if for nothing else the apocalypse when The Donald starts World War III this lipstick delivers on everything & I like the applicator. Removes also same as reviewer below w bi-phase micellar water but I hope these aren't LE. I won't be buying colourpop coz I'll be buying some more wnw!Great price pointe just hate waiting 5-10:days on free shipping. Wish they were in the display!!