wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

Filtered by age: 44-55
wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

3.9

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Liquid lipsticks are a tough one. They tend to be pretty drying on the lips and unfortunately if you apply them over a balm they don't layer well. I don't mind these ones from WnW and have the shades "Rebel Rose" (rose/mauve) and "Give me Mocha" (brown/mauve). The formula is lightweight, almost thin but highly pigmented, sets quickly, doesn't transfer, and is long wearing. It wears off evenly after drinking/eating but has real lasting power. Lips will feel dry after awhile. I prefer to remove and reapply after a meal because it gives me a chance to re-moisturize first and not just layer overtop the previous coat. There is a nice selection of shades and the packaging is sturdy acrylic, really cute actually. I usually start out with this product on the lips and if my lips start to feel dry I throw some gloss on over it and it looks great like that too. I do recommend giving these a try, they are pretty great, super affordable and comfortable for a liquid lipstick.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have this in Oh My Dolly and Nudist Pink.

Oh My Dolly is *almost* a shade dupe for Kat Von D's Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Backstage Bambi. I'd say it's a half-tone lighter, and it smells a LOT nicer than the KVD.

Nudist Pink on me pulls a bit orange. If I had a tan or wasn't almost Snow White pale, it might not be as orange. I do like it, though.

Wear-wise, these lipsticks wear like IRON. I wore Oh My Dolly to an Alice Cooper concert last night and it did not budge a bit! Even the burger I had afterwards didn't do much to the color, maybe muted it a bit. I had to use my cleansing oil plus a blob of Vaseline as well as my cleanser to get the stain completely off!

I'm going to buy several more of these as this is EXACTLY what I've been looking for! Long wearing, very comfortable and reasonably priced.

One secret I've found for lipsticks like these is to put a layer of lip balm on your lips about 15 minutes before you plan to do your lips, then wipe it all off right before you put it on. VOILA, no dry lips!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

These are the best matte, budge-proof lipsticks ever! And for the price they can't be beat. I bought 9, and ended up giving 4 to my daughters because they were too light for me. I have tried all the fancy brands, but these rock at $3.99, especially when it's buy two and get the third 75% off!

They do not come off until you eat. To get them off, in fact I use oil at home, and carry a lip balm just to get them off.

Also the really nice pinky-nude color looks very light and pretty on my light brown skin, especially because it pops with the pinky coral against my yellow undertones. But I think this would look great on anyone.

I have found a dupe, however in Give Me Mocha, it a dupe for the Kat Von D liquid lipstick in Double Dare.

PS if you use a little lip balm it converts to a regular lipstick. Just go over it lightly with lip balm and roll your lips together, and viola! It continues all day, and stays just as vibrant!

on 4/4/2017 3:05:00 AM

I bought this in Rebel Rose after seeing my fave nail Polish YouTuber wearing it. It's very reasonably priced as are most Wet n Wild products. The shade Rebel Rose is very wearable. Kind of a MLBB look, depending on your complexion. The formula is great. It goes on smooth. Feels comfortable and stays put. I have worn it alone and with gloss over it. Looks really nice with Buxom Dolly over it. After initially trying this, I bought two more for back up & purse. I haven't tried any other shades yet. There are some good videos on YouTube showing people swatching the different shades. I should mention I have never owned any matte lip product before this one. More of a gloss person, but so glad I tried this. It's really great! 😊

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

These are slightly drying as are a lot of liquid lipsticks. Be sure to moisturize your lips very well before you apply this product. The overall staying power is very good. These last me a couple of hours without needing a touchup.

The color selection leans toward warm shades imo. I have Oh My Dolly which is a deep blue based pink/red. It's very pretty. I purchased Rebel Rose against my better judgement since it has received nothing but rave reviews on You Tube. On my fair cool toned skin it comes off as a hideous brown that makes me look like a corpse. I wish drugstores would provide testers! I guess brown lipsticks look good on some people or else they wouldn't continue to sell them.

I tried this based on reviews here and returned it. I got Pink something because the selection wasn't great. It has a terrible smell and the applicator is an odd shaped balding doefoot. They skimped on the amount of "fluff" on the wand making application very streaky and uncomfortable. I could feel the hard plastic sticking through which is something I've never experienced in any brand.

The dry down took a while and also about 3 coats to get it even looking. It dried to a very plasticy looking bright pink which I though I'd be able to make work by applying a gloss on top. Didn't work as this feels so dry and awful no matter what I put over it. I am a fan of a lot of WNW products but this one is an absolute no go for me. The screw off top also comes loose very easily. As soon as I tore the plastic off it, it was starting to come out on it's own which I imagine could lead to a makeup bag/handbag disaster.

The smell is a harsh chemical smell which I can't even compare to anything. No taste but overall a really lousy experience. The 1 positive was the price- regularly 4.99 and on sale for 2.99. Still wasn't worth keeping since Rite Aid is very close to me and I'm always in there it seems. I'm in the minority here but wonder how many people had terrible experiences also but didn't bother to write a review.

on 3/4/2017 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've tried just about all of these and find that while they are easy to apply and have great pigmentation, they are just too darn drying. My favorite is the fuchsia, but I'm giving the rest to my daughter. I definitely prefer NYX brand matte liquid lipsticks.

on 3/1/2017 10:47:00 AM

I don't know if I purchased a faulty product but mine is so dry on it's like torture! I make sure my lips are exfoliated and moist first, so what gives? Does it last? Yes, but it looks and feels horribly dry. I have the color Rebel Rose, beautiful in the tube but dull on. I wanted to love this :-(

I bought the catsuit give me mocha lip stain and doesn't stay on my lips I've tried putting lip balm underneath my lips and let it dry but it still comes off it comes off when I eat and it comes during the day.someone please tell me how to make it stay on because I really like the color otherwise I like it.

on 12/20/2016 11:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I hope to heck these are permanent, because the quality is amazing for such a low price point. I have a couple of their LE liquid lips; one is lovely and the other not so much. The Catsuit formula seems to be their perfected product: it is easy to apply, feels light and not terribly drying. I bought Flame of the Game which is close to Jeffree Star's Anna Nicole, but $12/$13 less AND available from your local Walgreens, no shipping fees required.
The staying power is excellent yet removes easily with a biphasic type makeup remover ( I use Garnier WP Micellar water). The line is cruelty free ( not sure about vegan) as are all WnW products. I definitely plan on getting at least one more; you could get nearly the entire set for the price of one higher end liquid lip.
I have tried Stila, KVD, Sephora brand, Jeffree Star and various independent merchants on Etsy and I maintain this formula is at the top of the list ( also fond of Sephora's as well.)