L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

3.3

on 7/2/2017 11:47:00 PM

I usually like to give a foundation more of a try than this, but after wearing it twice I'm just going to go ahead and say I don't like it. I usually use the elf acne fighting for daily work wear but wanted to try something new. Ever since I've been having skin problems the last year or so I've become obsessed with trying new foundations. I got this on ulta's website in the color beige. I think I paid $8.99, not bad. They didn't have a lot of colors but I looked up swatches and beige looked like it would be a great match for me. I first tried this on Friday. Holy ORANGE. This stuff doesn't look orange until I'm putting it on my face. And dark. I always pull my foundation down my neck a little bit, but with this I literally have to cover my entire neck in it to match my face. Even if I got more of a tan than I already have I think it would be too dark. I still applied it and figured it would tone down with powder. It smells weird, I don't usually get sensitive to smells but this smelled kind of like paint. Like the photo focus by wnw everyone was saying, which I also didn't like. That smell didn't really bother me on that one though. Anyways so I applied this with the real techniques sponge and it looked ok at first. I don't set my foundation right away when I'm doing my makeup and by the time I went to, it was seeping Into my pores and acne scars and also accentuated a dry spot by my nose I didn't even know I had. It is also a pretty Dewey finish but mattified once powder was on. I used Coty airspun applied with my sponge. It was just alright, nothing special. Today I used it again, with a brush and my pressed photofocus powder to set. It was a little better with this application but I prefer to apply w/ a sponge and don't want to be limited on which powder I can wear on top. My skin looks ok but not amazing. I'm also 99% sure this is making me break out because yesterday(didn't wear yesterday) I woke up with 2-3 pimples and I feel like they're worse today after I put it on again. The pimples hurt, too. Yeah it's cheap and it's OK, I may even like another color better but all of the hassle to make it look good just because it's cheap isn't worth it. Way too many other things out there, I'd rather take this back and try, like the catrice hd one or the one from Kokie. Taking back and wouldn't repurchase. Disappointed.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

LOVE! Affordable, great coverage and blends well for my dry skin type.
Possibly one of my favourite drug store foundations!!
I've been using this foundation since January and I use the shade warm beige and i have noticed a slight red undertone but once I've done my concealer it blends in well. Im going to purchase a different shade next time and see how that goes. Anyway I usually only need to use two pumps to achieve a medium coverage. This foundation always gives me a natural silky finish once blended with my beauty blender or sigma flat kabuki f80.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I really like this foundation everyone say's its a dupe for MUFE Ultra HD I have that foundation, so I don't think it's a exact dupe but for everyday wear this is a nice foundation even special occasions as well in daylight photography it looked very nice. I selected the shade "warm Beige." the color line is limited and tends to run reddish and deep. Not a bad thing but in MUFE ULTRA HD I have a perfect shade that requires no tweaking. I purchased the "white shade," too since I saw it would be to deep. I purchased this at Ulta and I wish there was testers and also more shades of the medium color range but it was limited at the Ultra I purchased it at. I also brought back up supplies of the color corrector conclears I have them in green, light yellow, white, peach and regular yellow and orange. The green and yellow are wonderful for correcting foundations that a bt off. So with this foundation I use 1 generous pump of foundation, 1 smaller pump of white and a little bit of green and apply with a beauty blender and set with my Kryolan yellow powder.wears nicely. Not bad for a cheap every day foundation. BTW I love the color corrector conclears.

on 4/28/2017 8:10:00 AM

Okay, so since my skin has been really dry lately and matte foundations don't work the best for me anymore, I went on a hunt for dewy foundation with light to medium coverage but I didn't mind if it could be build up to full. First of all. this foundation is not worth the hype in my opinion. The shade selection is awful. I read the reviews that light shades aren't light enough so I ordered also their white foundation along with the shade porcelain. I'm really fair and the shade porcelain in my opinion is for the girls who are in between light and medium skin tones and that's way too dark. Packaging is good, it looks like Makeup Forever HD foundation. First thing that I noticed when I put the foundation on my face is the disgusting smell, to me it smells like hospitals but in a bad way. Foundation is really dewy. I have to say that it looks really nice on the face when you first put it, but once it has been on your face for a while it starts to cake up and it doesn't look good at all. I've tried so many things, from primers, putting less foundation on my face to setting sprays and it still looks cakey after a while. This foundation is not long lasting at all, on my dry skin it starts to melt and get oily after 2-3 hours. After 7 hour wear it's so oily and cakey that I can not wait to get it off my face. It's good if you're going to wear it for max. 4 hours. Overall, I'm really disappointed with this foundation, I've had a really high hopes for it.

on 3/31/2017 12:54:00 PM

This is my new favorite drugstore foundation! It has medium to full coverage. It covers my redness and acne scarring with ease. It dries down a little tacky but I always set my foundation with a powder anyways. My favorite thing about this foundation though is it's lasting power. I can wear this for 12+ hours without it fading or looking patchy, which is more than I can say for some pricier foundations out there.

I was a little nervous to try this at first because all the YouTubers commented on how dewy this foundation was. I have combo skin. My nose and undereye can get a bit oily while everywhere else is normal. So I was a little nervous it would be too dewy for me. This is not the case! After I set it with a powder, it actually has a very natural finish. It hardly looks like I'm wearing foundation.

I'm about a NC20 and I use the shade "Fair". I find it to be slightly too dark for my skin tone, but I can make it work by bringing the foundation down my neck.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

NO..just no. I have dry and dehydrated skin and this foundation CREATED and ENHANCED flakes on my face even with heavy moisturizers under. After 5 hours of wear, it also managed to make some parts of my skin oily on top of making some parts HELLA flaky. I was an oily cakey mess. It looked like I was wearing a HEAVY mask. EW. I'd run far from this if you have skin type like mine. Actually, I don't see how it would be good for oily skin either as it doesn't control oil either. The coverage is good though.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Meh. I bought this foundation after seeing youtubers use it.. and also because it looks very similar to MUFE Ultra HD (my holy grail). Its ok. I have the wrong shade, Natural, when really i should've purchased fair but i mix it with the white lightener and it seems to be fine. It looks great when i first apply, somewhat dewy after i have set it with powder and full coverage, it looks wonderful. Then, as the day goes on... after about 4 hours (not even that long at all) it really settles into my smile lines, it doesn't crease under my eyes or anywhere else but my small lines always look awful. I've tried baking, using different powders, setting sprays etc. it just doesn't help. Considering i usually use MUFE, i was quite disappointed as that foundation NEVER settles into my lines. Overall, its an OK foundation with GREAT coverage, a little bit definitely goes a long way. i don't think it smells bad compared to what other reviewers have said... it doesn't look natural but i suppose its not meant to considering its such full coverage. I am going to keep trying it and repurchase in a lighter shade but it will definitely not replace my MUFE.

I am rather fair skinned, but I usually wear the second lightest shade in most foundations. I bought this foundation in the lightest color they had, but it was still too dark for me. Despite this, I wore it around my house for a few hours to see how it wore, and I absolutely loved it! I know this foundation comes in a white color I could use to lighten it, but I don't feel like dealing with the hassle of mixing foundation every day. I really, really wish this foundation came in a wider color range (and if it did, it would definitely be 5 stars!), but I think this will be great in the summer time once I get a little bit of a tan.

PROS:
inexpensive
wears well
not cakey
great packaging (with a pump)

CONS:
not a wide variety of shades and no shades for pale skin

I used to only use high end foundations, as in really high end like YSL, Chantecaille and Armani but I have been dabbling in drugstore and affordable brands and making new discoveries. I really enjoy this foundation. I bought the color fair which isn't fair at all, it almost looks orangey in the bottle. That shade is a good match for my NC25 skin. I did read a prior review that it is an NC20, but I think this foundation is in the middle of NC20 and NC25 simply because NC20 would be too light for me. While it looks slightly orange in the bottle it translates well on my skin. This foundation has a decent amount of coverage and is layerable. It is lightweight and fluid and feels almost imperceptible on the skin. It has a bit of luminosity on my combo/mature skin and doesn't emphasize pores or fine lines. I do set this very lightly with a powder. Generally, powders and I don't mix well but the Photo Focus powder by Wet n Wild doesn't cake or age me and it plays well with this foundation. The lasting power of this foundation is pretty good, even on my oily spots. It also doesn't break me out. I like that they sell a pure white color to mix in their foundation because very fair skin tones will need it. It is an excellent value.

on 2/5/2017 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I am so in love with this product ! It is very high coverage so if you don't like high coverage kind of foundation you won't like this one because it shows that you are wearing foundation.