ORIGINS Ginger souffle

No Image

3.9

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificata, Purified) Infusions, Orange (Citrus Aurantium) Blossoms, Myrtle (Myrtus Communis), Chamomile (Matricaria Chamomilla), Apricot (Prunus Armeniaca) Kernel Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cardamom (Elettaria Cardamomum), Coriander (Coriandrum Sativum), Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus Citriodora), Ginger (Zingiber Officinale), Clove (Eugenia Caryophyllus) Buds, Distilled Lime (Citrus Aurantifolia), Sweet Valencia Orange (Citrus Sinensis), Italian Bergamot (Citrus Bergamia) Zest, Grapefruit (Citrus Paradisi), and Lemon (Citrus Limon) Essential Oils (Olea), Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Peg-100 Stearate, Octyl Hydroxystearate, Potassium Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Oil, Rice (Oryza Sativa) Bran Oil, Tribehenin, Caprylic/Capric/Stearic Triglyceride, Squalane, Emulsifying Wax Nf, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Stearyl Alcohol, Isostearic Acid, Dimethicone, Potassium Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben (iln20840).

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I bought this as a part of a gift set when Origins was having a promotion for their Ginger range. I was utterly crazy about the Ginger Essence and when told I could have the fragrance as well as the scrub, shampoo and body souffle for a fraction of the usual retail price, I jumped at the chance and bought the set. When I finally got around to using the souffle, I found that it smelled utterly divine in the tub but overly spicy with slight bitter overtones on my skin. Highly disappointing as I was expecting a more citrusy sort of ginger. Because I know how expensive a tub of this stuff is, I decided to suffer it out and use it anyway, layering it with L'Occitane's Verbena fragrance which achieved the 'citrusy-gingery' effect I had wanted. On the plus side, the consistency and texture of this souffle is gorgeous, I really like the fluffy whipped feel of it. Sadly, it doesn't absorb at all well and leaves a nasty greasy film on my skin. The packaging isn't all that impressive either. I generally dislike tubs as I find the whole idea of dipping fingers into cream both unsanitary and impractical. A pump dispenser would be heaps more effective. On the whole, I'm glad I got this as part of a gift set as I would never ever pay full price for the souffle on its own. Weird scent (on my skin anyway), dubious moisturizing properties, dodgy packaging, ghastly price....yep, never ever!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i really love this stuff...great scent that really lasts...nice texture...creamy....great product and will buy more when i run out....

on 1/20/2006 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I am completely addicted to this cream! The ginger scent is heavenly...light, warm & soft (not at all floral). It moisturizes my skin perfectly, but then I don't have dry skin. It has a rich & creamy texture, and it's not thick or greasy in any way. It absorbs right into my skin & leaves it soft & lightly scented. I have VERY sensitive skin, & I can use this anywhere on my body without any irritation. I've been using this for over a year, & will continue to purchase...can't help it...I'm addicted to it!

on 12/9/2005 1:18:00 PM

This has a *lovely* smell that actually lasts on the skin. And it's got a lovely rich texture. BUT: it doesn't really moisturize all that well. It's fine to use every once in a while, but doesn't leave skin super soft or anything. Also, the jar packaging seems kindof unsanitary.

on 11/14/2005 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this scent! Itís got super moisturizing effects and is very silky on the skin. If you love ginger/apricot with crisp and clean notes of eucalyptus/clove, this is incredible! I wish this was less expensive. I am layering it with the Origins Ginger Eccence Inetensify fragrance for longer staying power. I wish I could swim in it!

Ingredient Listing (for those with skin sensitivities): water purified, orange blossoms, myrtle, chamomile, apricot kernel oil, butylene glycol, cardamom, coriander, eucalyptus, ginger, clove buds, distilled lime, sweet Valencia orange, italian bergamot zest, grapefruit and lemon essential oils, olive oil, peg 100 stearate, octyl hydroxystearate, potassium stearate, glyceryl stearate, grape seed oil, rice bran oil, tribehenin, caprylic/capric/stearic triglyceride, squalane, emulsifying wax nf, bis-diglyceryl, poly-acylapidate 2, stearyl alcohol, isostearic acid, dimethicone, potassium carbomer, disodium edta, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben

on 11/13/2005 9:32:00 PM

This is a wonderful, wonderful body cream. It smells richly of spicy ginger, and the scent is strong, both in the pot and on me. The scent lasts long after I apply the cream. The formula is thick and keeps my skin very well moisturized. This cream is very expensive- definitely the most expensive body cream I've used, but I just might buy it again, because it's *that* good.

It is a nice creme but I prefer the other cremes. Would have hoped that this lotion felt "warming gingerly" when you apply.

I've had this for a long time, but I rarely used it because it was so expensive. However, for the past couple of months, I've been using this product every day after my showers, and it smells wonderful and keeps my skin moisturized until I wash it off. Like I said, Ginger Souffle is expensive, but I'm seriously considering buying it again because I love the texture, the smell, the packaging, and the moisture level, and one jar, used every day, lasts probably 6 months, or so. I'd hate to be without this lotion.

on 7/24/2005 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought the Ginger Souffle Whipped Body Cream to layer with Origins' Ginger Essence Intensified Fragrance Spray (it helps the fragrance last all day), and it does just that. This cream absorbs well into my skin, which is neither too dry nor too oily. It is has a delicious fragrance of spicy ginger and citrus fruits. My only gripe is that I end up getting the cream under my fingernails when digging it out of the container, so I would prefer a pump bottle or other container that would be more hygienic and user-friendly. But I like the fragrance and consistency so much that I would definitely repurchase.

on 6/3/2005 4:56:00 PM

I love the scent, the texture, the packaging. I can just dip my whole hand in that slather this wonderful product all over me. Moisturizes me great and the smell is so nice. Lasting and not over whelming.

Popular Lotions / Creams