Origins Ginger souffle

No Image

3.9

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificata, Purified) Infusions, Orange (Citrus Aurantium) Blossoms, Myrtle (Myrtus Communis), Chamomile (Matricaria Chamomilla), Apricot (Prunus Armeniaca) Kernel Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cardamom (Elettaria Cardamomum), Coriander (Coriandrum Sativum), Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus Citriodora), Ginger (Zingiber Officinale), Clove (Eugenia Caryophyllus) Buds, Distilled Lime (Citrus Aurantifolia), Sweet Valencia Orange (Citrus Sinensis), Italian Bergamot (Citrus Bergamia) Zest, Grapefruit (Citrus Paradisi), and Lemon (Citrus Limon) Essential Oils (Olea), Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Peg-100 Stearate, Octyl Hydroxystearate, Potassium Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Oil, Rice (Oryza Sativa) Bran Oil, Tribehenin, Caprylic/Capric/Stearic Triglyceride, Squalane, Emulsifying Wax Nf, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Stearyl Alcohol, Isostearic Acid, Dimethicone, Potassium Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben (iln20840).

on 11/11/2009 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm almost through my jar of this product. I must say, when applying it, it really does feel like you're treating your skin to soemthing luxurious. I love the smell of ginger and it has a lovely creamy texture.

Problem is, the smell doesn't last! Not even hints of it! Each time I apply about 2 hours later any whiff of this lovely scent has evaporated. It is also not moisturizing enough for my dry skin. It may work nicely as a summer moisturizer, but it's a little pricey for me to buy this product again since I really didn't love it.

The ingredient list is also on the long side for my tastes.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Ahhh, i love this product. As some people have mentioned, it is not really a deep moisturiser, but it does have a lovely soft, smooth texture to it that is simply unbeatable. Also, if you have oilier skin like me, this is definitely the way to go in summer... you don't want to be slathered in something oily. I love this stuff! I first started out when I got a little sample tube of it, and it was simply heavenly. The smell is amazing, the texture is very different to that of a cream or moisturiser... wow. It's really great.

on 9/19/2009 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Smells wonderful, very expensive and it's not a great moisturizer. I gave it a "four" because of the scent and the fact that it is a long lasting scent. I love the entire Origins Ginger line, especially the body scrub.

on 9/4/2009 1:32:00 AM

Generally I hate the smell of ginger-fragranced products but this one is simply just too good! I love the way the ginger-citrus smell lingers but is not over-powering. One gripe though, its humid here and the souffle does cause my skin to get a bit sticky when I go outdoors during lunchtime. Other than that, it is really great for the office airconditioning, gets rid of my flaky elbow problem.

on 6/8/2009 9:20:00 PM

The smell of this product is incredible. Combined with the Ginger Essence is just great! It is super moisturizing. I apply it all over after a shower in the early morning, and it smells all day long. I would definitely buy this product again if I run out. The smell is absolutely great!

on 5/5/2009 12:11:00 PM

I love the smell! But I am having a hard time finding out why I paid so much money for it. I really wanted it because my best friend used to use it in high school, and I wanted it ever since. The texture is interesting. I never had a body butter or souffle, so this was new to me. It does not feel greasy or anything but I am still debating whether or not it is very moisturizing. I think it is quite luxurious, but the scent does not last very long, so that is a bit frustrating. I think it is a nice lotion/moisturizer whatever, but definitely not worth the price. It is not like you just use a dot and you are set, so you will use this up quicke than you thought if you are an avid applier. If it was cheaper, I would think about purchasing it again, but I doubt that will ever happen, and since I have gone "green" with my body products, I am fine using jojoba oil or whatever.

on 2/12/2009 1:12:00 AM

Yum ,yum and double yum ! I love this - it's gorgoeusly scented and it is moisturising. Nice tub of good savory ginger .Next in line for me to try is Ginger Rush ....here I come ....

on 11/19/2008 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love the smell so much and my SO does too. It's very strong when I put it on but disappears completely not long after. It's average in moisturizing but I don't need that much moisture from a body lotion, only my hands and other small patches. It performs just like any other lotion and I don't think it's worth getting just for the smell, considering how poor the lasting power is and how expensive that little tub is for a lotion. It does leave my skin feeling smooth. Nice for not so cold months.

on 11/12/2008 9:38:00 PM

Origins has made me rethink my feelings on ginger scents. All other companies I've tried ( Thymes, BBW's Pure Simplicity) totally turned me off the scent, but this particular formula is divine. It must be the citrus notes I can detect within. As far as moisturizing abilities, it's middle of the road, but I like that it's not as thick as body butter. I find myself absentmindedly applying it as I sit at home. LOVE!

on 11/12/2008 8:42:00 AM

i love the ginger range from origins and i have the fragrance.this souffle isnt really rich enough for me and although it smells great on application,it sort of changes throughout the day....to a sort of wilted ginger scent!
buy the fragrance instead ladies.