essence Pure Nude Highlighter

essence Pure Nude Highlighter

4.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Packaging is crap, but the product is a fantastic budget buy for an elegant, non-glittery highlighter. I am oily with a few fine lines and just CANNOT rock the "dewy" look without resembling a greased pig. This little charmer, dabbed on strategically (bridge of nose, cheekbones, cupid's bow) gives me a glowing natural dimension and radiance. I have previously used and liked Laura Geller's French Vanilla and WnW's Reserve Your Cabana (the latter being considered a dupe for the former.) I really love the results and texture of this for the reasonable price.

on 2/23/2017 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It took quite a few shopping trips to track this down, but it was worth the hunt. This is my new go-to highlighter when I want a 'no makeup' makeup look. There's no shimmer or sparkle at all to this highlighter, but it somehow gives off the most beautiful, natural looking glow. It can be layered up but never turns into a discoball. It does tend to fade after 6-7 hours on my skin, but that's the case with most highlighters and it fades evenly, not patchy. If you're looking for high shine, spotlight highlight this isn't the product for you but anyone looking for a very soft lit from within look will love this.

Pros:
budget friendly
very subtle, natural looking
no glittery discoball shimmer

Cons:
difficult to find
fades after several hours
not for those who want intense shine

on 2/21/2017 11:22:00 PM

This is such a pretty highlighter. It gives a perfect lit from within glow. Can be built up to be more intense as well. This was what I was hoping Tiki would be from Hard Candy. Love it! I have light to medium oily skin and this lasts all day.

AMAZING highlighter ever!!! I don't look like a Disco Ball, the price is very affordable, looks like you're glowing from within, what else can you ask for?

I bought another 6 for backup lol

i love it love it love it!!!!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a really, really lovely highlighter. You can use this as a natural highlighter, or build it up and make it more intense. This is definitely a warmer color, but it does work on my neutral toned fair skin.

on 2/18/2017 1:32:00 PM

EDIT 2018 It took me a while to realize but this product was causing acne on my cheeks.
I wear the lightest colour in drugstore foundation (if I did wear foundation). I like to wear a swipe across my eyelids. I usually wear a dark mineral colour as an eyeliner. Currently from Lucy Minerals - navy or espresso brown. As an eyeshadow this is glowy but nuetral. I sometimes add a crease colour but it is not necessary.

It is too dark for all over colour but I do like to brush across cheekbones. Sometimes I apply over a blush. If alone it appears as a glowy nude colour. This is very easy to apply. It applies smooth and even.

I am fair with pink undertones.

I have purchased a backup. I purchased mine from SDM in Canada. Aug 2018 will not repurchase. Causing acne on cheeks.

on 2/16/2017 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Since I bought this highlighter, I use it every day! I feel like it adds this beautiful, lit from within, natural glow. Used with a brush, it's perfect for a subtle highlight. If I want it more intense, I will put it on with my brush and then dab over with more product on my finger. It's a really nice versatile highlight, and at the price, you can't beat it! No complaints here.

on 2/14/2017 10:39:00 PM

Love this highlighter!! Cheap and such a beautiful colour. Kathleenlights hyped about this which is why I bought it and absolutely happy I did. It can be built up with fix plus to give a stronger glow or just a nice light glow without. When swatched it looks darker but once applied it's a nice white champagne colour on my light-medium skin.

This is such an amazing highlighter!! I have mature skin and it looks so natural!!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

OMG I love it sooooo muchhh. It becomes my favorite everyday highlighter. It has no glitter or sparkle whatsoever. It just makes your skin glow without being too shimmery. You can slap it on your face as much as you want and never be too much. Love it.