Essence Pure Nude Highlighter

Essence Pure Nude Highlighter

4.5

on 4/25/2017 10:42:00 PM

just amazing, subtle but beautiful! A must have

This highlighter is beautiful, however my skin is lighter than any of the lightest shade of any foundation, so this highlighter was too dark and looked like bronzer :( Other than that the glow was flawless

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can see why so many people love this highlight. The packaging is simple, the size is generous, there is no annoying film that requires scraping off before you get to the good stuff. It is just glowing goodness in the form of silky smooth powder. Soft golden shade that looks beautiful on the skin, Does not accentuate pores or texture, just healthy glowing skin. It can be layered if you want a more intense look but one swipe is enough to make you look radiant. Super affordable, as is the case with all Essence products, this one is approximately $6 Cdn. Can't see ever needing to repurchase because there is a ton of product in the package but if it ever broke or if I lost it I would most certainly buy it again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Love everything about this highlighter!

Price - Super affordable, it costs about $5.80 before discount!

Packaging - Love that it is simple and fuss free! I also like that it comes in this pan where it is easy to get product on the brush

Product - Love the texture, shade and shimmer of it! It looks so natural and beautiful on the skin especially under sunlight! I feel so happy whenever I wear this on my face! I also love that it is such a finely milled powder!

Now I finally understand the hype over this highlighter! I would highly recommend this!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Wow - for less than five and a half bucks, who'd believe that a highlighter could be THIS good? I wasn't too sure when I bought it - it looked sort of dark for my colouring when I looked at it in the pan but I figured for the price, what did I have to lose? This little gem is every bit as good as highlighters costing 10X as much (Dior and Chanel, for example). As others have commented, there is a complete absence of chunky glitter and at first, I doubted that this would be a highlighter at all. Then I finger-tipped some onto my cheekbones and brushed a little bit onto my Cupid's bow and I was so impressed with the results. This is subtle but definitely adds a glow but it's one that looks natural. Especially at my Cupid's bow, where even the highest quality highlighters can look a bit garish, this doesn't. The packaging is pretty crummy - no mirror, obviously, and a lid/hinge that feels like it could break easily but that's not a deal breaker for me (I've had MAC compacts break in less than a week!). Do yourself a favour and give this great, inexpensive product a try. You'll be getting quite the bang for your very few bucks.

I bought this because or Emily83 and Kathleen lights.. I have a bunch of highlighters from Becca, MAC, NARS, Tarte, and Too Faced. Let me tell you I reach for this more than I do the pricey ones. Its natural and not over done at all. It looks great and doesn't draw attention to any texture on my skin. And its affordable. No chunky glitter either.

on 3/29/2017 6:48:00 PM

I purchased this after Kathleen Lights strongly recommended it on her channel as a natural, glossy and glitter-free highlight. I already own two full compacts of this. To be honest, though I spent a lot of money on two Becca highlights (Moonstone and Champagne Pop), the cult faves Mary Loumanizer and Cindy Loumanizer from the Balm, Physician's Formula highlights, ironically the cheapest highlighters at the drugstore turned out to be my absolute favourites...Pinktastic and Moonlight Pearls from ELF and of course this PURE NUDE HIGHLIGHTER from Essence. (I have heard this one is a dupe for Laura Mercier's Matte Radiance Baked Compact Highlighter...but let me tell you, Essence is the better one!)

I have suffered from cystic acne and now have mild texture on my face. This doesn't highlight pores and bumps. It puts my face into some sort of a soft focus. There are absolutely no glitter or shimmer particles (which sadly most very pricey ass highlighters have). It is a sophisticated highlighter. I think Skin gloss would be a better name for this. On my cheekbones, the kind of finish this highlighter has can be compared to the glossy wet effect you will get if you dab some cream highlighter with your fingers. This is not a blinding, disco ball, visible from space highlight which so many self-proclaimed Youtube beauty gurus seem to go nuts about. This is a highlighter you can wear to the office every day. Because there is no pigment and only the glossy effect, I daresay it will look like you are glowing from within in a large variety of skin tones.
It starts off as subtle but is buildable.
When it comes to highlighting I find myself reaching for this unassuming humble little compact all the time these days.
People will quietly and enviously notice that you have "glowing skin" but not notice that it is coming from a cosmetic....so you may hear "you have such beautiful glowing skin"..and probably not "which highlighter are you wearing?"
Get this....even if it is not to your liking, it won't burn a hole in your wallet as it is just $4.49 at ULTA. Target is also carrying Essence now. Do give it a try. it is a beautiful product.

This is such a good buy omg. Shoutout to Kathleen for discovering this & raving about it. It's honestly amazing quality for being so inexpensive! The color I think is good for fair/light-medium skin tones. I'm really fair in the winter and I got away with wearing this, as well as when I'm tan it looks even better. Sooooo good.

on 3/20/2017 8:59:00 AM

This is perfect for me. Nice light sheen. No one knows I'm faking a glow. Fits my skin tone. NW 20. Undetectable. Cheap too.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Packaging is crap, but the product is a fantastic budget buy for an elegant, non-glittery highlighter. I am oily with a few fine lines and just CANNOT rock the "dewy" look without resembling a greased pig. This little charmer, dabbed on strategically (bridge of nose, cheekbones, cupid's bow) gives me a glowing natural dimension and radiance. I have previously used and liked Laura Geller's French Vanilla and WnW's Reserve Your Cabana (the latter being considered a dupe for the former.) I really love the results and texture of this for the reasonable price.