Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.4

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

this has a very gritty texture but they​tell you that on the website thats the whole point of the spheres in the name of the product. but God this WORKS. really brightens my skin tone makes it looking vibrant brilliant and flushed with life when I wake up in the morning. much less of that dull dry face look even when my face is dry. this is a great source of vitamin c that won't go bad. can't argue with the shelf life.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

EDIT: I've had to discontinue use after a few months of daily application, due to the significant skin irritation I've had, including a case of angular cheilitis that sent me to my doctor, along with peeling and a neck rash. This stuff is just too hard to tolerate, and I speak as someone using 1% Retin A and 20% azelaic acid with no problems at all. It breaks my heart to say it because it's so cheap! I will use it up mixed in with my body moisturiser and I'm now trying out the Timeless product--skin has calmed down almost immediately.

I think I might be the only person that doesn't have problems using this in the morning, under makeup. Vitamin C is best used in the morning, when it can help mop up UV damage. For me, this doesn't ball up. It doesn't sink in instantly like water based serums do, but the film on the skin is perfectly manageable if you leave it a few minutes. It does tingle but so do all good vitamin C products. The question for me is, how effective is it? How much penetrates the skin and is it enough? It hasn't been clinically tested, unlike Obagi or Skinceuticals, so we don't know, basically. But the Obagi is now £100 and this is £4.90, so it's a risk I'm willing to take!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is fantastic for me. Yes, it does feel grainy and have an oily texture, but it really does work. I only felt mild stinging for the first week of using it, after that it became a warming sensation that dies down pretty quickly. This is easily the most effective Vitamin C product I've ever used, and for the cost? I feel like I'll be using this forever. It's worth noting that I don't have sensitive skin, and my skin is dry, so the oiliness and the stinging bit hardly even affected me. If you can work past the grainy texture, it's amazing. I used to apply it every night for a few weeks, but once I reached the results I wanted, I use it every other night now. I don't have terrible sun spots but I have a lot of hyper pigmentation from acne that it helped clear. I feel like it helped even my skin tone out all around. TLDR- If you have sensitive skin, or like to apply your Vit C in the morning, under makeup, you might not like this. But for the price, might as well give it a go!

****UPDATE 5/17/17

Okay, I liked this a lot until I started noticing that it was oxidizing my hands and neck. It also starting having major major pilling issues no matter how I used it or what I mixed it with. I will stand by the opinion that this is effective, but hard to use due to the texture. Very saddened by that, because it was extremely effective. I've all but given up at this point on it!

I really like this product and actually think the brightening effects are more noticeable than with The Ordinary Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate (a vitamin C derivative), which surprised me because the latter is more pricey and has much better reviews on MUA. So far, I think I'd be more likely to repurchase the Vitamin C Suspension because I simply think it works better for me.

For the cons, this product is indeed gritty, and it is a little unpleasant to apply for that reason. I definitely would not want to use this product during the day. I don't wash my face in the morning, and I can report that by the morning the grittiness isn't the slightest bit noticeable, and it doesn't affect my makeup application at all. I'm only really aware of it when I first apply it. It would be a problem for me if in the morning I still felt the little grains on my face, but this isn't the case.

This product also feels kind of intense, your face feels kind of warm when you first apply it, as other reviewers have said. I also notice stinging under my nose - but only there, for some reason - so those with very sensitive skin might not be able to use this one.

Bottom line, this product is a bit uncomfortable to apply. I understand that complaint from other reviewers.

But aside from that, as I said before I really think it works, and I notice my skin feeling healthier and looking brighter and more even the next day.

Another thing I really like is that it's actually super moisturizing. I wait for a while after applying serums to moisturize because I've heard you should let it dry/absorb a bit. I usually hate this part as someone prone to dry skin, because I want to apply moisturizer ASAP after cleansing and toner, and during the waiting period I feel like my skin is going to turn into a flaky mess.

But the Vitamin C Suspension itself feels like a moisturizer, so waiting to apply my real moisturizer is much easier. Last night I nearly forgot to moisturize because my skin felt like I already had. This is a huge plus for me.

The other thing I like is the plastic packaging. I'm fine with glass bottles, but when I travel this is the serum I always take with me because I don't have to worry about it breaking in my suitcase.

on 3/17/2018 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS. After one week of use daily, my acne scars faded really fast. When I use it on its own, there is a very slight tingling. However, I usually mix it with my moisturiser so that it's less oily.

The down side is that its rather oily for me and has a weird? smell. I'm not really bothered by the "gritty" feels.

The packaging sucks though, I think it is not tight enough so I have to keep it upside down else it will flow out.

The price is really worth it for the concentration of Vit C.

on 2/25/2018 4:32:00 AM

I so wanted this to work for me! I stuck out through 2 tubes (bought 2 assuming it’d be fine!), but noticed no improvement.

As others have said, this STINGS. It’s so uncomfortable to use, and I find unlike a lot of acids that I’ve used, the stinging takes a long time to subside.

I have also noticed an odd scent to my skin- I even started washing my hands with a nail brush to scrub it away but would still be able to smell it at work the next day- stopped using this and that odd scent went away too. Not only that, but my pillow covers are ruined.

I did not notice any benefit to my skin despite these things, so I’m afraid I do not recommend this product, which is a shame because the price point (like other The Ordinary products) is incredible.

This burned my skin like crazy for months. For a long time I mixed it 60-40 with a non-active moisturizer to ease the burning sensation. This also helps with the horribly grainy texture and the total greaseball look this leaves you with.

I had to change my whole review of this product. I've been using it several nights a week for three months now, and NOW I can finally see some results in the antiaging department!
First few applications, there was lightening of spots and an added glow to my skin. But today I woke up with my fine lines very much faded, softened up, almost smoothed out. My complexion is looking more evenly toned also. This product needs time (and patience with its horrible texture) but it's so worth it! I hope others will discover this gem of an antioxidant product.
Maybe next I'll try the silicone version, for a smoother feel :)

on 12/2/2017 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Worked well for me. I've been using Vitamin C serums for the years so I wasn't expecting any miracles but more for maintenance. I love both SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic and Drunk Elephant's C-Firma but hate their prices, plus I have to rely on visitors returning from abroad to get my hands on them, which makes it difficult. The Ordinary was very hard to resist with its attractive price point! Anyway despite my years of Vitamin C usage I did occasionally experience mild tingling with the product. It was very random so overall it didn't bother me. To my pleasant surprise I found that it did a great job of keeping my skin even toned and I dare say it did seem to help lighten a patch of pigmentation on my skin .Nothing dramatic but it was noticeably improved (and I imagine the only way to truly eliminate the patch would be a trip or two to the dr's). This was based on my twice a day usage of an AHA exfoliant, this, plus rosehip oil. The only reason I'm not giving it 5 lippies is because of the it's slightly gritty nature. First few uses it bothered the hell out of me until I learned to either combine it with my face oil or lessen the amount dispensed. Will be interested to try the 30% in silicone base to see if it's just as effective for me minus the grit.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I want to be clear, I am NOT using this on my face and won't even try it with the ingredient list. I bought this to use on my neck, decolletage, and hands.

I am loving this on my decolletage & hands, but it was too strong on my neck. The skin on my hands is brighter & I'm happy I can put A+ ingredients on skin other than my face for an affordable price.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nope. No. Nah. This product is not for me. I gave it a good try. Two tries actually. The first time I used it for about 2 weeks only to have to stop due to a massive, painful breakout on my forehead. Since this was the newest introduction into my routine I stopped and waited to see if my skin would clear up. It did. For some reason I decided to give it another go for three nights a couple weeks later only to be left with irritated skin and huge pores, as well as a couple bumps on my forehead.

I really wanted to like this product. It's a great price with a high concentration of vitamin c but it just did not agree with my skin. I could have put up with the grainy texture, greasiness after application, and stinging if it had benefits but I never saw any. I gave it one lippie because it was the product that drew my attention to The Ordinary and led me to find some of their products that work amazing on my skin. Unfortunately this just isn't one of them.