Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.4

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is fantastic for me. Yes, it does feel grainy and have an oily texture, but it really does work. I only felt mild stinging for the first week of using it, after that it became a warming sensation that dies down pretty quickly. This is easily the most effective Vitamin C product I've ever used, and for the cost? I feel like I'll be using this forever. It's worth noting that I don't have sensitive skin, and my skin is dry, so the oiliness and the stinging bit hardly even affected me. If you can work past the grainy texture, it's amazing. I used to apply it every night for a few weeks, but once I reached the results I wanted, I use it every other night now. I don't have terrible sun spots but I have a lot of hyper pigmentation from acne that it helped clear. I feel like it helped even my skin tone out all around. TLDR- If you have sensitive skin, or like to apply your Vit C in the morning, under makeup, you might not like this. But for the price, might as well give it a go!

****UPDATE 5/17/17

Okay, I liked this a lot until I started noticing that it was oxidizing my hands and neck. It also starting having major major pilling issues no matter how I used it or what I mixed it with. I will stand by the opinion that this is effective, but hard to use due to the texture. Very saddened by that, because it was extremely effective. I've all but given up at this point on it!

I recognize all the faults in this products others have mentioned: it stings a bit, it is gritty and oily at the same time and the smell upon application is not so nice (fake tan?).
However, I have been using it for a couple of months, at night , just before I go to bed (alternating with retin-A): I mix it on the back of my hand with a couple of drops of The Ordinary Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3% and, applied in this way, the stinging is short and not so uncomfortable (maybe my skin is getting used to it), the texture blends into a sort of oily serum which is quite ok for nighttime and my skin does look brighter and more even the following morning (the weird smell is still there, but I am learning to accept it)
I think I will be using until I get The Ordinary Ethylated L-Ascorbic Acid 15% - I was quite pleased with Hylamide C25 as my vit C to go, but it is no longer sold in Europe due to its high ELAA concentration (25%).

Edit: I suspect this is staining my pillow... removing one lippie

on 3/17/2018 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS. After one week of use daily, my acne scars faded really fast. When I use it on its own, there is a very slight tingling. However, I usually mix it with my moisturiser so that it's less oily.

The down side is that its rather oily for me and has a weird? smell. I'm not really bothered by the "gritty" feels.

The packaging sucks though, I think it is not tight enough so I have to keep it upside down else it will flow out.

The price is really worth it for the concentration of Vit C.

on 2/25/2018 4:32:00 AM

I so wanted this to work for me! I stuck out through 2 tubes (bought 2 assuming it’d be fine!), but noticed no improvement.

As others have said, this STINGS. It’s so uncomfortable to use, and I find unlike a lot of acids that I’ve used, the stinging takes a long time to subside.

I have also noticed an odd scent to my skin- I even started washing my hands with a nail brush to scrub it away but would still be able to smell it at work the next day- stopped using this and that odd scent went away too. Not only that, but my pillow covers are ruined.

I did not notice any benefit to my skin despite these things, so I’m afraid I do not recommend this product, which is a shame because the price point (like other The Ordinary products) is incredible.

on 12/2/2017 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Worked well for me. I've been using Vitamin C serums for the years so I wasn't expecting any miracles but more for maintenance. I love both SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic and Drunk Elephant's C-Firma but hate their prices, plus I have to rely on visitors returning from abroad to get my hands on them, which makes it difficult. The Ordinary was very hard to resist with its attractive price point! Anyway despite my years of Vitamin C usage I did occasionally experience mild tingling with the product. It was very random so overall it didn't bother me. To my pleasant surprise I found that it did a great job of keeping my skin even toned and I dare say it did seem to help lighten a patch of pigmentation on my skin .Nothing dramatic but it was noticeably improved (and I imagine the only way to truly eliminate the patch would be a trip or two to the dr's). This was based on my twice a day usage of an AHA exfoliant, this, plus rosehip oil. The only reason I'm not giving it 5 lippies is because of the it's slightly gritty nature. First few uses it bothered the hell out of me until I learned to either combine it with my face oil or lessen the amount dispensed. Will be interested to try the 30% in silicone base to see if it's just as effective for me minus the grit.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I want to be clear, I am NOT using this on my face and won't even try it with the ingredient list. I bought this to use on my neck, decolletage, and hands.

I am loving this on my decolletage & hands, but it was too strong on my neck. The skin on my hands is brighter & I'm happy I can put A+ ingredients on skin other than my face for an affordable price.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Nope. No. Nah. This product is not for me. I gave it a good try. Two tries actually. The first time I used it for about 2 weeks only to have to stop due to a massive, painful breakout on my forehead. Since this was the newest introduction into my routine I stopped and waited to see if my skin would clear up. It did. For some reason I decided to give it another go for three nights a couple weeks later only to be left with irritated skin and huge pores, as well as a couple bumps on my forehead.

I really wanted to like this product. It's a great price with a high concentration of vitamin c but it just did not agree with my skin. I could have put up with the grainy texture, greasiness after application, and stinging if it had benefits but I never saw any. I gave it one lippie because it was the product that drew my attention to The Ordinary and led me to find some of their products that work amazing on my skin. Unfortunately this just isn't one of them.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I did not enjoy this product. The grittiness of the HA spheres was too much for me to bear. Effects similar to other vitamin C products.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

A decent Vitamin C serum, *if* you can put up with the gritty texture. I just finished up a tube of this, and while I think it worked as well as any other Vitamin C serum I've ever tried, I'm excited to be rid of it so that I can move on to something new. The consistency of this product is just so awful to work with. It's a little difficult to apply and spread, has a greasy texture that takes forever to absorb, and the grit of the vitamin C spheres is so unpleasant and takes a lot of patting to make it go away. I tried applying it on damp (even pretty wet) skin as some of the other reviewers had suggested, but I didn't find that it helped. This stuff can sting pretty fiercely if you use too much (which is easy to do because of how difficult it is to spread). Way worse than from any other high % Vitamin C serum that I've tried. Also, the squeeze tube packaging is a terrible delivery system for a product you're supposed to only use a small amount of.

Basically, unless you're looking for the cheapest shelf-stable vitamin C serum you can possibly find, I can't recommend this. There are better Vitamin-C serums out there, even in the under-$30 category.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

One of the best products I ever used. It reduces some acne, pigmentation, makes skin look lighter and healthier.