Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.4

on 2/5/2018 9:40:00 PM

I wanted to try a stronger formula of Vitamin C, and although the review of this product made me backed down a bit, I settled that I've always had a resilient skin so why not try, it's very affordable anyway.

I think this is the very first skincare that has ever made my skin sting like HELL and I started developing pimple here and there-not much, but it's visible. At first, I used it twice a day; morning and evening. So I thought maybe that's why it's too harsh for me (despite my thick skin) so I reduced it to morning use only (I live in tropical country and I spent approximately 2 hours everyday outside so I need a good anti-oxidant). I still can't bear the stinging sensation, especially because I have to layer it with sunscreen and make up. Finally, I switched it to evening use only and it works BEST.

Yes this is not an easy product to get along with, but with its amazing ingredient and crazy, cheap price, I think we must do the extra work to fit in with this product :)

Just be careful with the tube though, it always made me spill out too many product in the beginning.

on 6/19/2017 7:36:00 AM

I have combo skin, I am 28 and I wanted a serum with Vitamin C as a night treatment and this one is pretty good; it doesn't stink, it doesn't break me out and seems to work nice since I wake up with a brighter skin. I get a bit shiny though, so I never tried it with my make up on. I kinda like this company, seems to be elegant and simple and they have a great range of products. Worth it.

This product is a no-go for me. I bought it because I was drawn by the fact that it has 23% vitamin c and there's no water in the formulation. The science and explanation behind making a stable L-ascorbic acid product really intrigued me. Sadly, the texture of this is strange as heck. It's gritty and I feel like I'm sandpapering my face everytime this goes on. I'm used to high percentage vitamin c products so I'm not complaining about the stinging that everyone feels, but the texture was just not elegant. I'm not going to lie, the way a product applies really makes or breaks whether I will stick to using it or not. I tried mixing this with the Hydating Factors serum, and that took the grittiness away but the entire formulation was still extremely greasy. Not to mention, this pills HORRIBLY. I can't use it under makeup, and even when I gently pat moisturiser or sunscreen on top, it balls up into bits that really annoy me. I'm going to find a way to use this tube up, but I'm never repurchasing. 2 lippies only for the idea and science behind it and the belief that it would actually work wonders if I could get it to stay on my skin!

on 3/29/2017 11:00:00 AM

The consistency of this product is bad. It feels like exfoliator rather than moisturizer/cream. I gave it a try a few times. First time was bad as my skin got red and started to tingle. The other 2 times it was fine but I had white marks on my face and it also became very oily. The price of course is amazing as well as the package. I would never buy again though.

on 3/29/2017 2:51:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love vitamin c serums and this stuff was so cheap, I had to give it a try. Like the other reviewers have stated, it has an oily and gritty consistency. I can feel it on my face when I use it, which is not a super comfortable feeling. It tingles a little for a minute or so, but I don't mind. I slather on a normal amount and it takes until the next morning for my skin to fully absorb it. It's possible that this is due to the fact that I tend to use more than one product, but I always do that, so I suspect that this serum is the culprit. I have combo skin though, so it might be different for those with dry skin. Sometimes I add just a little to my face cream and it sinks in faster then and is a lot more comfortable. I would never, and I mean never, use this under makeup as it is way too oily and gritty for that. However, it does work and is a fantastic product, so despite the negatives, I will continue to use it at night. It makes my skin clear and a bit glowy and I can definitely tell when I've used it.

on 6/14/2018 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

I have been using this for 2 months. Have honestly yet to see any fading of my PIH and discoloration. However I did notice an overall glow up to my complexion, but it is not drastic enough for me to want to continue purchasing this product.

First reaction : It stung a lot. And the packaging is not ideal, it is quite a runny liquid so I would have preferred a pump. Then the stinging sensation faded after 1 minute and the rest of the times I used it, there were no more stinging reactions. It is quite a heavy layer on the skin, I had to wait close to 30 minutes for it to be absorbed by my skin. Definitely a night time product. It has also an almost oily consistency, with small spherical granules.

All in all, if you want your complexion to brighten a little, give it a whirl. I would recommend sticking to other formulations though.

on 5/18/2017 12:14:00 AM

I'm in my early 30's and have sensitive, acne-prone, combination skin. I have tried other vitamin C treatments before but at much lower concentrations. I find that my skin does not respond well to vitamin C.

I applied it after cleansing and noticed the "tingling". This turned into itching and some redness. 8 hours later, I had red spots on my cheeks and the itching around my mouth did not go away. I quickly washed it off and noticed the rash it left around my mouth.

I do not react this badly to any other product, including chemical exfoliants and peels...so it may be specific to vitamin C.

I like the packaging and love the price. However this goes on oily and gritty...I can't imagine it working under makeup. Sorry I could not comment on the long term benefits.

on 3/18/2017 6:10:00 AM

I can totally understand why some people might not like this product, but personally I think it is great. Yes it is gritty and greasy and there is no way I would be able to wear this during the day; however I love this as part of a night time routine. I use this twice a week and have noticed an improvement in my complexion, it is bright, smooth and even. It does sting when you first use it, but after a few applications your skin gets used to it and then it is just a slight tingle that eases. I would definitely repurchase and I am looking forward to trying more products from this brand.

Well, despite being powerful, most of the Ordinary products are not elegant looking on the skin, including this one. It applies shiny and sticky and catches your hair. Also, it transfers everywhere. I mix it with Avene skin recovery cream to dilute it and to avoid the gritty-ness. In this way, it doesn't really tingle. Sometimes I mix it with the Ordinary 0.5% retinoid. It doesn't tingle but feels gritty. But I think I would try something lighter later on to cut down the greasiness. The package is not smart as the product keeps leaking out. But I guess the suspension form combining the package does help to stop vitamin C from oxidising because the product I squeeze out is white but the residue around the opening hole has turned yellow. And this is important for a VC product! I've only used it on and off for a month so I am not sure about the effect. But I might update.

I ran out of my usual vit c serum and decided to try this (it was easily available). It’s not something i will repurchase but I will use it up.
The major issue I have is the comfort of using this product, I absolutely hate the feeling on my face - so gritty. The stinging in comparison to other products is a lot stronger, this doesn’t bother me that much as it subsides quickly but it is noticeable.
Does it work? Yeah, just not as good as the other stuff I normally use, also this one i have to use at night only, it’s awful under my make up.
Doesn’t cause breakouts on me or any allergic reaction but i am used to vit c serums.