Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.5

on 5/25/2017 8:01:00 AM

This is not my first experience with Vitamin C serums, although this is on the higher % end of the spectrum I previously used. I used this for a few nights and experienced terrible chemical burns around my nose and beneath my eyes. The grittiness and oily texture just made this an uncomfortable product to use, let alone that it burned my skin off. If you have sensitive skin, I highly recommend trying something else. I heard someone else say they use this as a mask and wash it off after a few minutes, which might be a way to just use it up instead of tossing it, but I think I'll use it on my hands at night instead.

This product is a no-go for me. I bought it because I was drawn by the fact that it has 23% vitamin c and there's no water in the formulation. The science and explanation behind making a stable L-ascorbic acid product really intrigued me. Sadly, the texture of this is strange as heck. It's gritty and I feel like I'm sandpapering my face everytime this goes on. I'm used to high percentage vitamin c products so I'm not complaining about the stinging that everyone feels, but the texture was just not elegant. I'm not going to lie, the way a product applies really makes or breaks whether I will stick to using it or not. I tried mixing this with the Hydating Factors serum, and that took the grittiness away but the entire formulation was still extremely greasy. Not to mention, this pills HORRIBLY. I can't use it under makeup, and even when I gently pat moisturiser or sunscreen on top, it balls up into bits that really annoy me. I'm going to find a way to use this tube up, but I'm never repurchasing. 2 lippies only for the idea and science behind it and the belief that it would actually work wonders if I could get it to stay on my skin!

on 3/29/2017 2:51:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love vitamin c serums and this stuff was so cheap, I had to give it a try. Like the other reviewers have stated, it has an oily and gritty consistency. I can feel it on my face when I use it, which is not a super comfortable feeling. It tingles a little for a minute or so, but I don't mind. I slather on a normal amount and it takes until the next morning for my skin to fully absorb it. It's possible that this is due to the fact that I tend to use more than one product, but I always do that, so I suspect that this serum is the culprit. I have combo skin though, so it might be different for those with dry skin. Sometimes I add just a little to my face cream and it sinks in faster then and is a lot more comfortable. I would never, and I mean never, use this under makeup as it is way too oily and gritty for that. However, it does work and is a fantastic product, so despite the negatives, I will continue to use it at night. It makes my skin clear and a bit glowy and I can definitely tell when I've used it.

on 7/18/2018 1:50:00 PM

I really like this product, but here’s the thing. When I first tried it, the burning was downright painful. I tossed it in the back of the linen closet-the land of the misfit beauty product. After a couple months, I tried it again. I was super careful and mixed it with Clinique dramatically different moisturizer( also rescued from the land of misfit beauty products). Voila, no burning or redness. I do wait before putting on sunscreen as it is greasy. The packaging is good enough, no oxidation-impressive given its banishment. My face’s texture is improved-and I like its antioxidant properties. Bottom line, with a couple of tweaks, it is effective and inexpensive.

on 6/14/2018 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

I have been using this for 2 months. Have honestly yet to see any fading of my PIH and discoloration. However I did notice an overall glow up to my complexion, but it is not drastic enough for me to want to continue purchasing this product.

First reaction : It stung a lot. And the packaging is not ideal, it is quite a runny liquid so I would have preferred a pump. Then the stinging sensation faded after 1 minute and the rest of the times I used it, there were no more stinging reactions. It is quite a heavy layer on the skin, I had to wait close to 30 minutes for it to be absorbed by my skin. Definitely a night time product. It has also an almost oily consistency, with small spherical granules.

All in all, if you want your complexion to brighten a little, give it a whirl. I would recommend sticking to other formulations though.

on 3/18/2017 6:10:00 AM

I can totally understand why some people might not like this product, but personally I think it is great. Yes it is gritty and greasy and there is no way I would be able to wear this during the day; however I love this as part of a night time routine. I use this twice a week and have noticed an improvement in my complexion, it is bright, smooth and even. It does sting when you first use it, but after a few applications your skin gets used to it and then it is just a slight tingle that eases. I would definitely repurchase and I am looking forward to trying more products from this brand.

on 9/23/2017 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I like this, I don't love it. I don't mind the texture, or the weird plastic smell, but I don't find it's doing much for my skin. I find that too much comes out of the tube at once because it is really runny.I wish this did a little more for me, but I honestly haven't noticed a difference in my skin... but you can't beat the price!

I ran out of my usual vit c serum and decided to try this (it was easily available). It’s not something i will repurchase but I will use it up.
The major issue I have is the comfort of using this product, I absolutely hate the feeling on my face - so gritty. The stinging in comparison to other products is a lot stronger, this doesn’t bother me that much as it subsides quickly but it is noticeable.
Does it work? Yeah, just not as good as the other stuff I normally use, also this one i have to use at night only, it’s awful under my make up.
Doesn’t cause breakouts on me or any allergic reaction but i am used to vit c serums.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This literally burned my skin. I love topical vitamin c products (Shout out to Drunk Elephant Firma C)..... but I gave this a try as I applaud The Ordinary 's efforts in bringing effective and budget friendly skincare to the masses.

This ticks the budget friendly box, but what's the use in that if it leaves your skin in worse shape.

on 5/31/2017 1:31:00 PM

I've just checked this suspension on COSDNA web page and found out that one of its ingredients is Ethylhexyl Palmitate, a highly comedogenic solvent - graded 4 in the scale from 1 to 5. It's also an irritant - graded 1 in the scale from 1 to 5. I won't be buying this product since most people are doomed to break out with the comedogenic ingredient listed at the 7th place, which means that there's too much of it in Vitamin C suspension.