Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.4

I used to use a different Vitamin C serum but I think they changed their formula and I didn't like it anymore so I bought this. I use the niacinimide in the morning and this at night. My main problem is hyper pigmentation and this seems to be helping, along with niacinimide. The grittiness doesn't bother me-- it seems to dissolve pretty easily.

on 3/18/2017 6:10:00 AM

I can totally understand why some people might not like this product, but personally I think it is great. Yes it is gritty and greasy and there is no way I would be able to wear this during the day; however I love this as part of a night time routine. I use this twice a week and have noticed an improvement in my complexion, it is bright, smooth and even. It does sting when you first use it, but after a few applications your skin gets used to it and then it is just a slight tingle that eases. I would definitely repurchase and I am looking forward to trying more products from this brand.

on 9/23/2017 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I like this, I don't love it. I don't mind the texture, or the weird plastic smell, but I don't find it's doing much for my skin. I find that too much comes out of the tube at once because it is really runny.I wish this did a little more for me, but I honestly haven't noticed a difference in my skin... but you can't beat the price!

I ran out of my usual vit c serum and decided to try this (it was easily available). It’s not something i will repurchase but I will use it up.
The major issue I have is the comfort of using this product, I absolutely hate the feeling on my face - so gritty. The stinging in comparison to other products is a lot stronger, this doesn’t bother me that much as it subsides quickly but it is noticeable.
Does it work? Yeah, just not as good as the other stuff I normally use, also this one i have to use at night only, it’s awful under my make up.
Doesn’t cause breakouts on me or any allergic reaction but i am used to vit c serums.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This literally burned my skin. I love topical vitamin c products (Shout out to Drunk Elephant Firma C)..... but I gave this a try as I applaud The Ordinary 's efforts in bringing effective and budget friendly skincare to the masses.

This ticks the budget friendly box, but what's the use in that if it leaves your skin in worse shape.

on 5/31/2017 1:31:00 PM

I've just checked this suspension on COSDNA web page and found out that one of its ingredients is Ethylhexyl Palmitate, a highly comedogenic solvent - graded 4 in the scale from 1 to 5. It's also an irritant - graded 1 in the scale from 1 to 5. I won't be buying this product since most people are doomed to break out with the comedogenic ingredient listed at the 7th place, which means that there's too much of it in Vitamin C suspension.

on 5/18/2017 12:14:00 AM

I'm in my early 30's and have sensitive, acne-prone, combination skin. I have tried other vitamin C treatments before but at much lower concentrations. I find that my skin does not respond well to vitamin C.

I applied it after cleansing and noticed the "tingling". This turned into itching and some redness. 8 hours later, I had red spots on my cheeks and the itching around my mouth did not go away. I quickly washed it off and noticed the rash it left around my mouth.

I do not react this badly to any other product, including chemical exfoliants and peels...so it may be specific to vitamin C.

I like the packaging and love the price. However this goes on oily and gritty...I can't imagine it working under makeup. Sorry I could not comment on the long term benefits.

on 3/29/2017 11:00:00 AM

The consistency of this product is bad. It feels like exfoliator rather than moisturizer/cream. I gave it a try a few times. First time was bad as my skin got red and started to tingle. The other 2 times it was fine but I had white marks on my face and it also became very oily. The price of course is amazing as well as the package. I would never buy again though.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Have only used this product once and it has stung like hell. Think I used way too much of it. Warning to those using this for the first time. Use sparingly and I would suggest using it at nighttime.

on 12/27/2016 7:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Another thing to keep in mind that this stuff get's not absorbed into the skin and mainly stays on the surface which I don't like.