Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.4

on 8/8/2018 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I've had perfect-looking (if dry) skin naturally until relatively recently, because I'm 40 now and time stops for no-one. This product has had the most visible effect on my skin once I started using it daily - twice a week did nothing for me. It looks better than it has in +15 years and I even got compliments again. No foundation would ever make it look this good (and I feel zero need to wear one now).

"Brighter" is such a weird term that I never know what it really means, we're not light-bulbs, but I don't know how else to explain it either... more even toned and less textured? Try it! if it works for you it'll be great. Full disclosure, I've also been using a retinoid (TO 2% emulsion), but I did see the big difference once I started using this product *daily*. So this, the retinoid, +50 sunscreen on sunny days (I don't sunbathe and stay in the shadow) a BHA a 3 or 4 times a week, and moisturizer twice daily, and the result is better than I could ever hope at my age.

I don't have a problem with the grittiness, why is this a problem? the grains are not visible, and after a bit not to be felt either. My skin seems to have gotten used to the stinging. I apply on bare skin in the morning (had serums balling up otherwise), 1cm diameter drop, then moisturiser (TO NMF or some other) right afterwards and I find this helps it absorb much faster. Sunscreen (a Korean one that is a bit drying for me, so I need that moisturiser beforehand), and I'm set.

Price so can't be beat! I haven't been using a ton of skincare throughout my life because I felt we were being conned with the crazy prices for small bottles and huge claims, and here you have it, we were...

on 7/22/2018 6:22:00 AM

I like this, yes its a little gritty when you first apply it, but put your moisturiser over the top of it and the grittiness goes away and its fine. I've been using this every 4th night for the past 6 months and am really happy with how my skin looks. I introduced a few products from The Ordinary into my skincare routine, I'm all about the affordable skincare products and this stuff suits the bill.

I am in my late 40s, have always had a very simple routine, my skin is getting drier as I approach menopause, sun damage is my biggest concern. I have discolouration because i wasn't always consistent when I was younger with wearing hats and sunscreen and I regret that.

This time last year when i introduced the Ordinary products into my skincare routine my concerns were sundamage, wrinkles under my eyes, pigmentation and texture on my cheekbones. Within 3 months i noticed differences and in the last 6 months I have been really happy with how healthy my skin looks. The texture is gone, there are still age spots but they aren't as pronounced, my skin looks radiant and healthy. I get compliments on how healthy my skin is. I'm wearing sheerer and sheerer foundations because of this confidence in my skin.

This product can feel a little uncomfortable for the first few moments, but it doesn't burn my skin and once i apply a moisturiser and rosehip oil over the top it feels fine. It looks great, no dry patches, doesn't look dry, skin is 'normal' type all over now with no texture issues. This is a very affordable product and as such i just can't bring myself to pay high prices for stuff like Sunday Riley or Drunk Elephant or Clinique or countless other very expensive vitamin c products, i'll keep using this cheap and cheerful thank you very much. Its cheap. It works. Its easy to use. What else can i ask?

on 7/18/2018 1:50:00 PM

I really like this product, but here’s the thing. When I first tried it, the burning was downright painful. I tossed it in the back of the linen closet-the land of the misfit beauty product. After a couple months, I tried it again. I was super careful and mixed it with Clinique dramatically different moisturizer( also rescued from the land of misfit beauty products). Voila, no burning or redness. I do wait before putting on sunscreen as it is greasy. The packaging is good enough, no oxidation-impressive given its banishment. My face’s texture is improved-and I like its antioxidant properties. Bottom line, with a couple of tweaks, it is effective and inexpensive.

My skin is dry and a bit dull. So I just started using this at night after Alpa Arbutin, (toner, Alpa Arbutin, then vit c). Everything was good and i love this product, even the texture is rough and does tingly my face, it means this product works, however today is the day 5th and i can see my face looks so much brighter, i didn’t know that those product actualy give me that fast result, but on the 6th day of using this, i dont know whether it’s the Vit C or the Alpa Aburtin, the areas around my eyes shown bumps like little acnes. I guest im not gonna using this Vit C product everynight just 2-3 night per time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product. So much so that I bought an extra tube and also some Ferulic acid to go with it.

Unfortunately, as wonderful as The Ordinary products might be with regards to price and ingredients, many of them just don't absorb into the skin. And this product is the worst offender. It is super greasy - the kind of grease that you have to scrub off your kitchen platform and it has some kind of micro granules in it which feel a bit scratchy. No way could you ever wear this in the daytime as they have suggested. But even in the night, this stuff is heavy grease and most of it just gets on to your pillow. You have to wonder how much effect its having on your skin at all. I have stopped mixing it with the Ferulic acid because if this doesn't absorb on its own, then another oily product added to it is a waste.

One good thing I can say about this is it seems really stable for a Vitamin C product. As is my habit, when I've completely squeezed out a tube, I cut it so I can get all the product out. With this product, I got at least 4-5 more applications out of it but I had to store it in another container in the meantime. 5 days on, there is no sign of the usual yellowing that you see in most Vitamin C products even though there is quite a lot of air in the container.

on 6/30/2018 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product has a rough, gritty texture that doesn't play nicely with other layers. And maybe I haven't been using it consistently enough, but I have yet to notice a difference in my skin -- no brightening, no quicker PIH fading, no help with acne, nothing. Now I don't mind weird textures or tingling/stinging feelings as long as a treatment is going to do something to improve my appearance, but this never did. I think vitamin C just isn't for me. Oh, well -- at least I found out trying something cheap!

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This was my absolute favorite product from the ordinary for a white, it’s instantly incredibly brightening & I noticed a lot of improvement in my skin, HOWEVER, I have really struggled to layer this product with other elements of my skincare without piling or a ‘greasy’ looking finish. I am now trying to use the 12% vitamin C water-based product from the ordinary as I find this layers much better. Having said that I find this was by far the most visibly brightening between the two so hopefully if I go back to this product and use a very small amount I will be able to make it work for me. Strong pros but strong cons.

on 6/19/2018 8:13:00 PM

I read a lot of reviews before trying this serum so I knew what I was getting. Frankly I was shopping for the price, because if I’m going to use a product very consistently I’d prefer it be inexpensive. This serum is a bit different than most Vit C serums I have tried. It feels more like a lotion, but goes on gritty and somehow also greasy at the same time. It definitely stung my skin and even after a week of daily application still tingles when I apply it. I don’t really mind that because it makes me feel like it’s working, but that’s just me. To help with the grittiness I apply the serum after splashing a bit of water on my face. It seems to break down the grit and helps with the stinging as well. It feels much more absorbed on the skin than application onto dry skin. All in all, great bang for your buck, if you’re not weirded out by strange textures. I’d prefer to be able to apply it twice per day, but I can only use during my PM routine because of the way it feels/looks on my face.

on 6/17/2018 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been using this in combination with the buffet for about 2 months. I don't know which product is doing the "work" but some new (yay middle age) broken capillaries have faded significantly with daily use. In March/early April, a bright red mark stood out even after makeup and concealer (I'm sure no one else could really see it, but I could). Now, it's barely visible with tinted moisturizer. For $6 you can't go wrong. It does sting a bit, and it takes some time for the vitamin c granules to absorb, but it's really been helpful in minimizing sun/age spots and these dang capillaries.

on 6/14/2018 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

I have been using this for 2 months. Have honestly yet to see any fading of my PIH and discoloration. However I did notice an overall glow up to my complexion, but it is not drastic enough for me to want to continue purchasing this product.

First reaction : It stung a lot. And the packaging is not ideal, it is quite a runny liquid so I would have preferred a pump. Then the stinging sensation faded after 1 minute and the rest of the times I used it, there were no more stinging reactions. It is quite a heavy layer on the skin, I had to wait close to 30 minutes for it to be absorbed by my skin. Definitely a night time product. It has also an almost oily consistency, with small spherical granules.

All in all, if you want your complexion to brighten a little, give it a whirl. I would recommend sticking to other formulations though.