Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum

Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum
C-Firma Day SerumC-Firma Day Serum

3.3

on 6/27/2018 2:15:00 PM

I've used this product for over a year. I feel like it does a good job in keeping my skin hydrated but I didnt notice any difference in my skin looking more brighter and renewed. I felt like I was adding serum to my skin routine without the benefits vitamin c would because I didnt see a difference in my skin. I also felt like it oxidized quickly. The color is a dead giveaway. From what I've learned from research, vitamin c is supposed to colorless. I'm not a chemist or anything, but if the product is orange and turns into a darker brown overtime, then I believe it oxidized so for $100 CAD what was I putting on my face? I've used it for over a year as I believed its marketing claims, but learned so much more as I researched and have come to realize that I may have wasted money on a hydrating serum. Now I'm using a topical vitamin c powder and I definitely see a difference in brightening and my face looks renewed - overall, my face looks healthy. I do not recommend this product.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I just don't get the hype with this brand. C Firma Day Cream did nothing for me! I've had better, "glowing" results with lot cheaper less cutesy company names. I wonder if people are drawn the "drunk elephant" name and somehow they can bypass the poor quality of their products. this stuff turned orange in few weeks, which is a bad sign for vit C product, and this happened despite the airtight packaging. I continued to use it until finished with it, but it did absolutely nothing. Right now I'm using Protini Polypeptide Cream, which is also showing no results whatsoever. So hence my negativity to the whole brand...have had no results from 2 products so my decision is made.

Smelt disgusting, Made my face bright red. Does this stuff actually do anything beneficial?

on 3/24/2018 6:54:00 PM

This burned the ever-loving hell out of my face. It also smelled like carrots and was orange. Like the serum itself was orange. Is that what vitamin c serum is supposed to look like? Either way, I am scared of trying any vitamin c- based product ever again. So, bla!

on 1/5/2018 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Was looking for a stable vitamin c serum, and this went on very thick and oily feeling and with a horrible smell of boiled hot dog water. It is a strong scent that did not dissipate throughout the day, and gave me a headache. I also did not see any benefits from using this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I feel the need to warn others, since this caused me to break out in acne on my face. Please beware if you are acne-prone.
I also try to avoid plastic packaging, and this is supposedly a natural product (I do love that they do not test on animals), so I'm surprised that at least the inner encasement is not glass (since plastic's chemicals can leach into products).
This was a waste of money and it took my skin time to recover, so I would definitely not repurchase.

on 10/12/2017 9:37:00 PM

This is a terrible C serum. I have nothing against Drunk Elephant and some of their products are my HG's (Lala Retro, B hydra), but man this C serum is garbage. I always keep my L-AA serums in the fridge so they don't turn before I can use them up and I have a bottle of Timeless C+E Ferulic that's been in my fridge for over 6 months and it's still crystal clear. Well I purchased a bottle of C Firma a month ago and it's been in the fridge since the day I got it and it's turned brown. Not golden or even orangish, it's totally an ugly oxidized brown. Like WTF. It's also super oily and at this point I'm not going to put it on my skin because it's so oxidized what would be the point. I'm glad I have my bottle of Timeless and I will be sticking with that since I've had great results, no oxidization and it's really inexpensive.

on 9/15/2017 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I wanted to love this! But it broke me out on my cheeks where I normally don't get acne, I got little white heads the next day after using this and it was the only product I changed in my routine. I also didn't like the texture it was oily yet not easy to spread over the face. My skin felt smothered with this on. The scent is not desirable but I don't care as long as the product works for me. If you have acne prone sensitive clog prone skin like mine please use caution. I am going to try mad hippie vitamin c serum next and see how that goes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Unfortunately this did not work for my skin type. I'm in my late 20's and starting to see signs of sun spots so I've been using skinceuticals aox 20 vitamin c serum for a few years now. I've never had an issue with it but I got my hands on a few sample packets of this from DE. As soon as I poured a little on my finger tips, I immediately felt the difference in consistency between the two. DE's serum is very thick and feels oily (reminded me of castor oil). Skinceuticals has a watery consistency.
So after two days of using it at night, my pores started to appear larger, my skin felt oily, and a few pimples appeared. I kept using it for another week or so and my skin kept getting worse so I stopped using it.
I can see this working for someone who is not acne prone, dry skin/small pores. I will be sticking to what works for me!

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

The emperor has no clothes! This smells like a bucket of fish heads ALL day, my grandmother even noticed the smell a few feet away after hours of wear. It also leaves an orange residue on the skin and it broke me out every time I used it, which isn't a mystery since marula oil has a comedogenic rating of 3-4! It failed on every level for me. This brand have a great social media ad campaign, that's about it.

Popular Face Skincare Products