Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum

Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum
C-Firma Day SerumC-Firma Day Serum

3.3

I would not recommend this product for oily to combination skin. There a to manny oils that they added. But it did get rid of pigantation on my face! But not redness. But i would not repurchased I will go for a lightweight vit c serum next time. But normal to dry skin types will absolutely Love Love Love this it is hydrating at the same time.

I have been using this for about 6 weeks. I am still on the fence about this, but I think I'm impressed. I should note, I gave the packaging a bad grade, but that is because I am using the mini-size (the one Sephora sells with the Hydro-jel, "the brights" mini pack), and the pump is fussy - it dispenses an irregular amount, but it also sprays 2 separate spurts when you pump it, so you have to be very careful where you aim it, or it goes shooting off into the sink or some such other place, which is an annoying waste of money. I am sure these problems don't occur with the regular size packaging.
I did break out badly about a week after starting to use this product. It could have been a coincidence, but I got a big pimple, which is unusual for me - usually I just get rosacea-related redness. But the girl at Sephora warned me that might happen, and I pushed through, and now I'm pretty pleased with it. Actually in truth, I am crossing my fingers and keeping on using it, because I THINK it is clearing up my blackheads (which reddit skincare says are actually sebaceous filaments?? whatever they are, they are on my t zone and they suck)... I am not SURE, it could be in my imagination, but my t-zone SEEMS to be looking clearer. So I'll buy the small pack again (for what it's worth, the little tiny small size has lasted me 6 weeks of daily use already, so that's pretty good) -- I can't afford $100 at a time for the big one, and I'm not totally convinced enough to drop that much $ anyway... But if it really does clear up those black heads, I'll be in awe! Besides that, I don't think it's helped with my redness at all, but I do think I have a bit more glow and brightness, and my skin feels smooth and pleasant. I do use it with the hydro-jel that it came with. Oh and the smell is quite shocking - to me, it smells exactly like artificial bacon bits (not like real bacon) - but it doesn't linger.

on 9/3/2017 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This is my favourite product from Drunk Elephant. The results you see are so quick. After a month of using this daily, I've noticed my skin is brighter, the redness in my acne inflamed skin has calmed down, and it's so smooth. This product with the TLC Franbroise Glycolic Acid are the best out of the line. I did find this product is hard to spread around so I mix a drop of the Drunk Elephant Marula oil with it to spread it evenly. It's expensive but I find it works. Definitely buying again.

on 4/20/2017 6:01:00 PM

Vitamin C serum is an essential product in my skin care regimen - you know, if you're packing minimal and whittling down your products to ESSENTIALS ONLY, Vitamin C is getting on that plane with me every time. I have tried a few: Ultraceuticals (too gel-like), The Ordinary (ok - dries sticky though), Obagi (amazing - not stocked by my beauty therapist anymore) and I have come to the conclusion that I prefer oil-like consistency Vitamin C - despite having oily/combo skin. I can't say that this has made a major difference to my skin - because I have been using good quality vitamin C for years now, so it's really about a consistent result for me, which this product provides.

The smell is fine, it goes after one or two seconds. Consistency is oil like and a single pump is enough to generously cover the whole face. Word of advice - don't forget your neck and chest, you'll need a second pump for that area. I find that post oil like Vitamin C, my sunscreen goes on like a dream - for me Vitamin C is a morning product. I appreciate the packaging, which should go a long way to reducing oxidisation - however, mine has still oxidised to a degree over the 3 months that I've been using it. Vitamin C shouldn't last too much longer than that anyway.

Good Vitamin C (in my opinion) is a great investment - along with a great Vitamin A/Retinol it is the only thing that will reduce the signs of ageing. Peptides, ceramides, HA are all great, but can't really reverse anything. To that end, the Drunk Elephant is a brilliant product, I would buy it again, it's available locally (in Aus) via Mecca and Mecca Maxima so it's easy to get hold of and the price point is about right for a strong, effective Vitamin C.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I was surprised by how much I liked this product. I've tried several vitamin c serums in the past, only to be disappointed. They were, at best, ineffective, or at worst, they broke me out. To be honest, I was pretty ready to give up on vitamin c serums altogether, but then I received a deluxe sample of DE's Framboos AHA serum and liked it so much I decided to give this product a try as well, and I'm Glad I did! This one is great! It really does make a difference in the tone and clarity of my skin. It's hella expensive and smells a little off putting (like all vitamin c treatments do) but I'm willing to look past that because the difference it makes in my complexion is undeniable. The packaging is ideal -- the pump only lets out a small amount at a time, so one pump is just enough to cover the face. I will absolutely repurchase and/or recommend this product to others. If you're looking for a vitamin c serum and you've been having trouble finding one that works for you, try to get a mini version to try it out. You might be surprised!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got a travel-sized bottle of this in the DE Dayglow set during the Sephora VIB sale. I wanted to try it before committing to the full-sized version -- this stuff is not cheap. One week in, I am really liking this product. It hasn't irritated my super-sensitive, acne-prone, rosacean skin at all and is making it amazingly smooth and soft as baby's you know what. Here are the negatives: it's expensive, smells horrible (like burnt hot dogs - exactly like Skinceuticals CE Ferulic), and leaves my face sticky. But for gorgeous skin, I'm willing to sacrifice. I will be getting the full-sized bottle just as soon as I work my way through my current bottle of Replenix CF Cream.

on 10/29/2016 8:36:00 PM

Definitely not my favorite product in the line. It is a thin orange gel that provides your skin with vitamin C and not much else. It does not have enough hydration on its own, even for combo/oily skin, but then again, it is just a serum. The formula is rather thin, and it seems to just slip and slide. It also doesn't seem to completely absorb and just sits on the skin, at least for me. It is very similar to Ole Henriksen Truth Serum. The difference is the price per ounce - $48 for OH and $80 for DE.

on 7/5/2016 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This stuff is fantabulous! I def think its hit HG status already - and its only been a couple weeks of use, every other day. My skin is much smoother, my dry patches are virtually non existent, and my pores are cleaned out and refined (less visible). My makeup goes on smoothly and although I am using a couple different nighttime products which I know are working in conjunction with this, I def credit DE's C serum as a major workhorse within that mix.

To address the smell people are discussing... I don't know where all these meat byproducts are entering in here (hot dogs, bacon, etc) but that's cracking me up - its also not true LOL. This straight up smells like all vitamin C products do, which is slightly metallic. I used to make my own C serums and the C powder also had this distinctive smell. While its far from aromatherapy, its not too terrible and it dissipates pretty quick.

For ages I swore by Timeless ($24) and still do, which is a lot cheaper than DE's C and Ferulic mixture ($80), but I was caught in this cycle wherein no matter how well I stored Timeless, the product went bad before I ever even got a quarter into the bottle. So when I read DE's version was much more stable and didn't expire for (I think it is) a year, I was sold. Given all above, I figured the prices btw the two products eventually evened out. So I went for it and am so glad I did!

Update Aug 2017: Although I still love this product, I have come to find this is quite difficult to wear under makeup, so I can only use it on down days where I do not go out. Likewise, its sooooo sticky and shiny that I have to use it more like a mask; I can handle it on for a few hrs but then I need to wash it off bc it gets pretty annoying... Has this effected the way I feel about this product? Well, yes and no - I still love it and its HG, plus the fact that Vita C can't technically be washed off (I am only washing away the stickiness and the VC has basically soaked in) and also stays in the skin up to 3 days (ergo no need to deal with the annoyance on the daily), I am not too distraught. Still, I wish this could be worn under makeup for additional protection, but it doesn't play nice, so I have removed 1 star from my original 6 star rating.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my first Vitamin C Product and I love it. I also appreciate that this product is chock full of antioxidants fermented pumpkin extract and pomegranate for a few. Really great skin ingredients. Also, love the pump style and air-tight, opaque packaging that this is housed in, which keeps the highly potent, yet sensitive, ingredient that is Vitamin C stable and effective for a long period of time.

Like many Vitamin C products, the ingredients can remain in active synergy with the skin for up to 72 hours, so for this reason and for the price, I use this product once every few days... sometimes backing off to even once a week, but I do see a smoothing and brightening effect to the skin both instantly after putting on, and at least in terms of the smoothness, at least somewhat an effect of that for days ongoing. Contrary to the name of the product, I use it mostly at night, due to its rather sticky feel on the skin.

This product does have a unique smell that smells a bit like a metallic pumpkin, which would make sense, due to the pumpkin extract in here and the metallic twinge typical of L'asorbic acid and other vitamin C-sourced skincare. Most find it off-putting, but I kinda like it, as it does have a pumpkin twang, but it isn't the best thing ever. The scent is a product of the ingredients, though, no added perfumes here.

I like this product, but want to try the Caudalie Vinosource Brightening Serum, as, due to some kits available on Sephora with a full size of that plus some other products, it works out to be a better value, and even alone, it is cheaper (only by $1, though, USD), but it is said to be smoother in texture and more lotiony so I hope to get similar results (skin brightening plus a source of Vitamin C) with less of a sticky/tacky feel, so hopefully the serum cannot only act as a serum, but also maybe a serum plus moisturizer (albeit a light one) in one.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Why oh why does this stuff smell like bacon? While I love the effect of its use, and the vitamin C boost it gives my skin, the smell is just awful! Since I do love the how soft and smooth my skin is after use, I will keep using it. I typically follow up its use with another moisturizer which helps to mask the smell. I also occasionally use it in my hair to give it too, the extra boost. It's really made a difference in my skin, I have received many compliments.

Popular Face Skincare Products