Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum

Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum
C-Firma Day SerumC-Firma Day Serum

3.3

I like this stuff a lot. It's packaged well for C serum so that it doesn't oxidize. My skin has looked great since starting it about a month ago; no breakouts from it, it's not sticky, no complaints at all.

This product is amazing. This serum and the JuJu Bar soap has changed my 56 year old skin!
I've even received numerous compliments. I'm in love!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an awesome new(ish) brand, I'm loving all their products so much that I bought the whole line. It's a small line so far, but I think it will grow even more, as the products really are amazing. There is a lot of consideration from Drunk Elephant on every single ingredient they put into their products, more so than most companies. This serum has absolutely excellent ingredients and feels lightweight and slightly moisturizing. It's hydrating, but those with dry skin will still need a moisturizer afterwards. I have normal to dry skin & I always use a moisturizer after this. I can see the difference in my skin after using this for 2 weeks. My face looks brighter, more radiant and even toned. The red marks I had from a PMS breakout have faded quickly. It's pricey, but money well spent, as this actually works, which is more than I can say for most products, sadly!

on 2/25/2016 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This was my first Drunk Elephant purchase. I purchased the serum because the message behind the company appealed to me. It is a new company that incorporates both natural and synthetic ingredients that are cutting-edge and effective. The company believes that today's regulations allow companies in both the natural and synthetic categories to use harmful, toxic ingredients. I started going a more natural route in my skincare routine to avoid some irritating synthetic ingredients. However, in my quest, I found there to be just as much skin irritants in some natural products as the synthetic products. This company stands out to me because of how nit picky they are over each ingredient they use in their products. So the message is great, but does the product work?

Packaging: This is the BEST packaging I've seen for a vitamin C serum. It doesn't look as fancy as others but it is very smart. They use an airless pump bottle. This helps to keep the Vitamin C serum stable. A lot of other Vitamin C serums use a bottle and dropper package that exposes the Vitamin C to air every time you open it. Vitamin C is highly unstable. I've read some complaints about the packaging; however, this is about the old packaging of the product. The new packaging solves the complaints about the liquid spilling out too fast, etc. Make sure you get the new packaging if you buy from a third party vendor. It should look like what you currently see on their website. The bottle pumps out the perfect amount of product. The bottle is an opaque plastic, keeping light from making the Vitamin C unstable. I prefer the plastic to glass because it is easier for traveling. The downside is you can't tell how much product you have left. But I will take that downside knowing I don't have to worry about my Vitamin C expiring before I use it all.

Product: I wanted a product that was good for aging and fading pigmentation, which is what Vitamin C is good for. Drunk Elephant's serums have been highly praised so I was excited to try out one of their serums. I didn't notice any results the first few days. However, it didn't cause any bad side effects so I persisted. My skin doesn't have active acne on it (thanks to past Accutane and my current Differin use), but it still is extremely acne-prone to a lot of products. This product did not break me out. It took about 4 weeks before I noticed results from it. My overall skin tone has definitely improved! :)

Note: The first week I had to use it every other morning. My face though was very sensitive from my retinoid gel. I had just built up using my retinoid gel every night without irritation. If using a Retinoid/Retinol, AHA/BHA, and Vitamin C serum for the first time, make sure you don't start using them all for the first time at once. Build up a tolerance slowly to your Retinoid or AHA/BHA before incorporating a Vitamin C serum. Use the Vitamin C serum in the morning if you are using a Retinoid/Retinol product at night. Even if you're not using a Retinoid/Retinol or AHA/BHA, allow your skin to build a tolerance to a Vitamin C serum. If your skin gets dry, give it whatever time it needs to recover. Some people are able to start using a Vitamin C serum everyday right away, others are not. Listen to your skin. It should always look good or better, not worse.

Overall I LOVE the product! A month later, my skin is brighter and healthier looking! My fiancee even made a comment about my skin looking great lately! It is also helping to fade stubborn pigmentation from past acne spots! I wait a few minutes before I apply my moisturizer/sunscreen. The initial tackiness goes away by then and absorbs into my skin. It wears well under makeup. It is expensive but it is HALF the price of the patented beloved Skinceuticals C EF serum! Out of curiosity, I compared it to a cheaper dupe of Skinceuticals and Drunk Elephant was so much better. I am curious though on how it performs compare to the actual Skinceuticals version, but I refuse to spend that amount. Drunk Elephant serum's pH is 3.3-3.5, which is in the effective 2.0-3.5 range for Vitamin C. Plus Drunk Elephant added a whole bunch of other antioxidants that are amazing for the skin!

on 1/29/2016 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This brand is worth every penny since you are really getting the product the company says it's giving you. And without fillers and preservatives. I've been using C serums for years and years, combing the labels looking for the real deal. This is at 15% and it means business.
I love this line. I have 2 other products to review. And soon the SPF :)
Don't you go anywhere Drunk Elephant!!

Popular Face Skincare Products