Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum

C-Firma Day SerumC-Firma Day Serum

3.3

on 6/6/2018 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Expensive ! But it gives great VALUE!!
One of the best ! As it’s make my skin so much better such as combat hyper pigmentation and tightening pores!!
Just LOVE and LOVE it

on 4/25/2018 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I recently repurchased this for the 3rd time. The new packaging is much better than the old packaging. Now it's a twist top pump which I find it much more convenient & neater than how it was previously. The product itself is easily my favorite part of my skincare routine.

A thin orange serum packed full of vitamin c + other great skincare ingredients. While the $80 price tag for 1fl oz is pretty steep, there's nothing on the ingredients list that I find questionable. My skin drinks this stuff up. I love how it makes my face appear brighter. I've been using this in conjunction with the Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 in the morning & my skin went from terrible to good within a week. I've heard so many people say that this product helped fade old acne scarring. It's helping me in that department too.

This product gets so much hate because it's expensive. Sure there are cheaper vitamin C serums out there. But people opt to buy pricier things all the time even though there are more affordable alternatives. If you're able & willing, there's nothing wrong with treating yourself. If you can't then that's absolutely understandable. If you wish you could... you'll get there one day! If you can afford high-end skincare but don't want to spend your money on it... fantastic! That doesn't change the fact that this is an excellent serum.

Love this stuff. It really has made a difference in the appearance of my aging, mature, sun-damaged skin. It has a bit of a smell from the Vitamin C that other reviews have mentioned, but I don't find it objectionable at all.
This is a treatment serum, so you will need to add hydration/moisture - I use this first, then LaLa Retro cream and then whatever sunscreen makeup I'm doing that day. It really works and worth the money. Love this stuff -did I say that already???

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I’m on my second bottle and I absolutely love it! No irritation. It really helps with evening skin tone and I feel like it gives me a little bit of a glow.

on 10/9/2017 11:15:00 PM

On to my second bottle. I really love using this product. I've tried a few other vitamin C serums (eg Paulas Choice) but this one is particularly lovely. The texture and smell are nice, and its often enough to use without a separate moisturiser. It also seems to be making a visible difference to my skin - my neck is more lifted and some age spots have faded. Truly lovely brand.

The Drunk Elephant C Firma Day Serum is a great vitamin c serum that you can apply in the morning before products that contain sunscreen to give your face an antioxidant boost as well as protection from free radicals. This serum is super light and absorbs quickly. Better than that is the fact that it is fragrance free and packaged in a manner that protects the beneficial ingredients from light and air. This is definitely a more expensive Vitamin C serum, but if you don't mind the price this is one of the better options out there. Vitamin C is a great brightening antioxidant that should be a part of everyone's skin care regimen, especially if you suffer from hyperpigmentation.

If you are thinking of purchasing right now the set Come C About Me gives you the full size serum plus the Jelly Beste Cleanser, B Hydra Serum, and the Umbra Sheer Tinte Sunscreen in deluxe sample sizes for almost the same price as the C-Firma Serum alone.

on 9/14/2017 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This is expensive for a vitamin C serum, but for good reason. I've never been a fan of vitamin c serums but this one is my favorite. It's oil based and doesn't dry out my skin, so it's gentle enough to use every day if I wanted to. I love the fact that it's active for 72 hours after application, which I think is pretty nifty. I'm not crazy about the smell, which smells like sour fruit (from the vitamin c) and hot dog water (the ferulic acid) but it does wonders for my skin, even after just one application. To avoid the sour fruit smell, I use this at night and in the morning wake up to glowy, clear skin. The effect is amazing. The packaging is also well designed in that it prevents oxidation. This is the one vitamin c product I'll repurchase over and over again!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is great, and if I were in a slightly higher income bracket it would be my go-to vitamin C treatment. I got one of the mini sampler duo things from Sephora that has this and the blue-cap moisturizer gel whatever, and while I didn't like that one I loved the C-Firma serum and used every last drop. I have sensitive, acne prone skin with mild rosacea, so it is always a fun time trying new skincare products. I had never used a vitamin C serum or really anything with vitamin C before, so I didn't really know what to expect. Given that my face is covered in the most crybaby skin you can imagine, I expected some burning or stinging at first given different things I had read, but it wasn't nearly that bad, maybe just a little tingly the first couple of times but nothing drastic or unnerving. The small vial in the duo lasted me about a month, and in that time I saw some pretty dramatic changes in the overall tone of my skin as well as acne spots that became significantly less noticeable. I used it during the day, of course, and I didn't notice any effect on the wear or longevity of my makeup or anything though I did usually let it sink in for at least a few minutes before I applied the next steps in my skincare routine. I am kicking myself for even trying this before less expensive alternatives because I have yet to try anything that's as good or as quick at showing results, but I might splurge during the VIB sale since I'd guess that a full size bottle would probably last me a good long time. Darn you, Drunk Elephant, for making such a fabulous product that is a stretch for my middle class self. Update Jan. 2018: I got the full size and I am still loving it. I only use one pump per day, so I think the bottle will last long enough that the cost is offset somewhat. I think the packaging of the full size is really nice (and fun!) and it seems like a worthy investment.

on 8/20/2017 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is quite pricey. But I feel like it has been doing a great job in giving me a glow in the mornings and improving my skin texture and lightening my sun damage. The packaging is great, ensures the vitamin C doesn't oxidise quickly.

on 5/20/2017 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

So far I've tried three DE products and this is the only one I will for sure be repurchasing. My skin is dry and sensitive so I worried that I wouldn't be able to tolerate this, but it has been completely fine. My skin drinks it in and it's easy to wear under moisturizers, foundations, SPF, whatever - it doesn't seem to conflict with anything. The packaging keeps the ingredients stable and although the price is a little high, a little goes a long way so I think it's a good value. The smell is unusual (in skincare at least. i think it smells like a jar of vitamins...definitely not a fragrance type of odor) but not terribly strong. I know the benefits of a vitamin C serum are more long term, but I swear I think my skin is slightly brighter and more even in tone and texture. The only other vitamin C serum I have tried was by Ole Henrikson and while that didn't irritate my skin I didn't notice any change, but with this I do see more of a benefit.
UPDATE: bumping it up to 5 lippies. My skin just loves this. My complexion is smooth and this seems to really prep my skin to get the most out of moisturizers. I've completely gotten accustomed to the smell so I don't even notice it anymore.

Popular Face Skincare Products