Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum

Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum
C-Firma Day SerumC-Firma Day Serum

3.3

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this to try it and when I was done, I immediately went back to the Paula's Choice brand. I actually see a difference when using the Paula's Choice brand (sort of like a brightening effect) and I think that the DE version made my skin look dull.

on 6/27/2018 4:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

The premise of this product is good but there are cheaper products on the market. Also, I don't like that it's orange. It's harder to tell if it has oxidized if it's already orange. The packaging is good and should protect the product nicely. The shelf life is only 6 months though. Vitamin c (ascorbic acid) can have an adverse effect on the skin if used once oxidized. Which you can't tell because it's made orange??? So I won't use it.

At this point I will only use any vitamin c (ascorbic acid) for 3 months before replacing it. That's expensive so I've been trying other forms of vitamin c which are more stable. The ordinary ethylated vit c is very nice. Peter Thomas Roth power c is nice too. It has THD ascorbate in it. There's not alot of research on these other forms so I judge them my how my skin looks and feels. And I don't have to throw them away after 3 months.

If you really want to try this, just buy the mini. Great for travel too.

on 4/28/2018 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This s the third product I have used from this brand , and I am beginning to think the brand is overrated . this didn't do much for my skin, it irritated it, and in the end I stopped using it fast...three products already thst haven't worked for me...done with this brand.

on 1/28/2018 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

It's expensive. I would never buy the full size when they have sample kits avail and even then, they aren't exactly cheap either. I'd wanted to try this brand for so long so I purchased The Littles Kit last summer. They lasts forever, took awhile to get through this. The smell that many complain about was mild to me and disappeared quickly. Performance-wise, I thought it was okay. Not what I expected for the price and I probably won't buy it again because I think you can get the same or better results with less expensive options of the same ingredient quality as this brand. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Vitamin C as much as I am glycolic or retinol. It certainly didn't make my skin worse which is always nice. I'm just one of those that expects a lot from an expensive product and feels truly excited when an inexpensive option exceeds my expectations.

on 11/25/2017 9:14:00 PM

I've used 2 bottles of this stuff and will not repurchase. I understand that you're looking for a cumulative effect as opposed to overnight results, but I didn't see any change in my skin after using this for over a year. Each bottle lasted about 6 months. I used once daily under sunscreen often mixing with the BHydra or the Marula oil. Packaging is supposed to keep air out. As the product is colored orange it's difficult to tell if it went off or not. Not worth the heavy price tag in my opinion. I will try another vitamin C serum.

on 11/25/2017 1:03:00 PM

I did not see any meaningful difference in my skin several months after using it. The smell is pretty off-putting though it does fade away over time. I like the packaging, with a twist-up top that prevents product from leaking out if you travel or toss it around. I think there are better C-serums out there.

on 9/29/2017 6:54:00 PM

I really wanted to love this (after all, I shelled out more than $60 for it) but it just didn't do anything for me. I noticed zero difference in my skin texture/brightness. I liked that it sinks into your skin quickly, making it feel like there's nothing there. But I'd rather pay nothing for something that does nothing.

on 5/20/2017 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Vitamin C is not supposed to produce quick results. The added fruit enzymes exfoliated my skin, and made it look like my skin texture was improving the first few days. But it was too harsh and I broke out in small pimples all over my chin. Also, this product is oily, which made my skin worse. Not worth it. Hated their Vitamin B gel as well.

I will be searching for a simple, no-frills Vitamin C, if I decide to use Vitamin C at all. I loved the pump packaging of this product though.

on 6/18/2016 7:41:00 PM

I really wanted to like this serum since I heard many people saw great results in their skin after using this. My skin is very thin, super sensitive, combination easily dehydrated(flaky patches), clog prone, acne prone with some post acne hyperpigmentation and broken capillaries. I was looking for something that would help even out the skin tone, prevent UV damage and dissolve unwanted surface skin cells (flaky patches).

This serum did not smell like hotdogs or bacon like other reviews mentioned the scent is nice not too strong. This did not feel super stingy and did not cause irritation it felt nice when applied on; not too sticky or heavy but it turned orange on my face. Then it started to clog my skin and cause some tiny breakouts. I suspect that the clog pores and tiny breakouts are due to the marula seed oil and ferulic acid.... all the oils. If this was oil free I would continue to use it and repurchase, but unfortunately I have to return it this is not cheap.

on 4/1/2019 2:48:00 AM

DE is my second Vit C serum. I switched over from Timeless CE Ferulic (which irritated my skin) as this has a higher pH so I felt my skin responded better to it. Smells to me like canned corn and the smell does linger a bit. But it absorbs well and I feel no irritation. Also my lotion and sunscreen layers well over it. I got it from Sephora and it came relatively fresh (light yellow tint). Keeping it in my fridge to play safe, I like it but don’t love it so prob won’t be repurchasing after finishing this bottle as I feel there are other products at similar price points which I want to try.