Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum

C-Firma Day SerumC-Firma Day Serum

3.3

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I received this in a holiday package set and love all of the drunk elephant products since they are made of simple ingredients. I did not see any positive or negative results from this, which is great since it is keeping my skin consistent. I would not repurchase just because the benefits did not match the expensive price.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This gave me a bad breakout including a painful acne bump on the side of my nose which has taken almost 1 week to settle down (using The Ordinary Niacinamide & Zinc 2 x per day and PC's BHA 9). The only thing I can put it down to is the form of Vitamin C in here: Ascorbic Acid which is harsher than many other types of Vit C. The first few times I applied this were without any issues but by the 4th day all hell broke loose. Very surprised as my skin loves Vit C (in most forms) normally and there are so many good thing in here that should in theory counteract the harshness of the Ascorbic Acid, such as Licorice and Green Tea. Not for me.
However the few days I did use it, for what it's worth my skin did look very bright and radiant. The effects were definitely visible, just such a shame I couldn't continue using it. My advice would be to try out a sample first if unsure.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 1/28/2018 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

It's expensive. I would never buy the full size when they have sample kits avail and even then, they aren't exactly cheap either. I'd wanted to try this brand for so long so I purchased The Littles Kit last summer. They lasts forever, took awhile to get through this. The smell that many complain about was mild to me and disappeared quickly. Performance-wise, I thought it was okay. Not what I expected for the price and I probably won't buy it again because I think you can get the same or better results with less expensive options of the same ingredient quality as this brand. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Vitamin C as much as I am glycolic or retinol. It certainly didn't make my skin worse which is always nice. I'm just one of those that expects a lot from an expensive product and feels truly excited when an inexpensive option exceeds my expectations.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I was surprised by how much I liked this product. I've tried several vitamin c serums in the past, only to be disappointed. They were, at best, ineffective, or at worst, they broke me out. To be honest, I was pretty ready to give up on vitamin c serums altogether, but then I received a deluxe sample of DE's Framboos AHA serum and liked it so much I decided to give this product a try as well, and I'm Glad I did! This one is great! It really does make a difference in the tone and clarity of my skin. It's hella expensive and smells a little off putting (like all vitamin c treatments do) but I'm willing to look past that because the difference it makes in my complexion is undeniable. The packaging is ideal -- the pump only lets out a small amount at a time, so one pump is just enough to cover the face. I will absolutely repurchase and/or recommend this product to others. If you're looking for a vitamin c serum and you've been having trouble finding one that works for you, try to get a mini version to try it out. You might be surprised!

This product is amazing. This serum and the JuJu Bar soap has changed my 56 year old skin!
I've even received numerous compliments. I'm in love!

on 5/20/2016 11:28:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product, but ultimately I returned it. I found it broke me out. I also could not get past the funky smell. I have used other vitamin C serums in the past that smell odd when the are "past" but this one is something else. The nice cashier at Sephora suggested that the strength of the vitamin C might've been what broke me out, but I am suspect of the "pumpkin extracts" and all the other stuff in there. I have used other high concentrations of vitamin C without problems.

The packing of this product is outstanding and exactly what all other vitamin Cs should be: completely enclosed and opaque so light cannot enter.

on 6/6/2018 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Expensive ! But it gives great VALUE!!
One of the best ! As it’s make my skin so much better such as combat hyper pigmentation and tightening pores!!
Just LOVE and LOVE it

Smelt disgusting, Made my face bright red. Does this stuff actually do anything beneficial?

on 1/5/2018 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Was looking for a stable vitamin c serum, and this went on very thick and oily feeling and with a horrible smell of boiled hot dog water. It is a strong scent that did not dissipate throughout the day, and gave me a headache. I also did not see any benefits from using this.

The Drunk Elephant C Firma Day Serum is a great vitamin c serum that you can apply in the morning before products that contain sunscreen to give your face an antioxidant boost as well as protection from free radicals. This serum is super light and absorbs quickly. Better than that is the fact that it is fragrance free and packaged in a manner that protects the beneficial ingredients from light and air. This is definitely a more expensive Vitamin C serum, but if you don't mind the price this is one of the better options out there. Vitamin C is a great brightening antioxidant that should be a part of everyone's skin care regimen, especially if you suffer from hyperpigmentation.

If you are thinking of purchasing right now the set Come C About Me gives you the full size serum plus the Jelly Beste Cleanser, B Hydra Serum, and the Umbra Sheer Tinte Sunscreen in deluxe sample sizes for almost the same price as the C-Firma Serum alone.