Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum

Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum
C-Firma Day SerumC-Firma Day Serum

3.3

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have been using a sample of DE C-firma Day Serum for about 4 days to see if my skins likes it before I splurge on the $126.00 bottle in New Zealand. I am of indian decent and have combination skin. I'm in my early 30's and have been guilty of not giving my skin enough care. I recently discovered that I have developed small dark sun spots around the cheeks and eye area and wanted a product to reduce it. I went into Mecca Cosmetica and was recommended this serum to help lighten/remove sun spots. I took a sample home and started using it.

My first application after using product was good, I applied the product by itself at night and the next day my skin looked brighter. The second day I applied it during the day, and noticed my skin had a light tan to it, I'm unsure if this is due to the pale/mid yellow colouring the serum has. The third day I decided to use it with rose hip night cream to provide more moisture to my skin as the serum is a bit sticky on it's on, I applied this during the night.The next morning I noticed I started breaking out in small red bumps, just 2 or 3 around the forehead, t-zone and cheek.

Fourth day I used the serum at night just by itself and my red bumps got a little bit bigger, so I've stopped using it. This product could have reacted with the rose hip night cream, maybe, but the little breakouts was enough for me to make up my mind. I dont think I will invest in buying this product, I will research for an alternative.

Best advice is to get samples for these expensive serums and creams, everyones skin type of different so they react differently.

on 12/12/2018 10:00:00 PM

If I had to pick one DE product that I can't live without, this would be it. At $80, you get 30 ml or 1 fluid ounce. The one thing I don't like about it is the price point, but this product is very good and is the most effective vitamin C serum I've ever used. I've tried a few before this, but this fades my hyper-pigmentation and acne scarring in 1-2 weeks. It comes in a pump bottle and is designed in a way where you can get every last drop out, so nothing goes to waste. Some criticisms about this product that I've seen is how it might cause discoloration, but I don't find that to be an issue. I use very little at a time and only apply at night onto certain problem areas of my face. The issue that I find with vitamin C is that it's very difficult to stabilize. The CosRx Triple C Lightning Liquid and the Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin C serum have drop bottles, but the product changes color rapidly as the vitamin C serum is exposed to air. A lot of people mention maybe putting it in the fridge, but I don't like spending money only to have the effectiveness of the product be diminished as soon as I open it. The greatest thing about the C-Firma Day serum is that the air-tight packaging allows for the vitamin C to REMAIN stable and effective. It earns a permanent spot on my counter because I see major results when I use it. No more dark marks!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought into the DE hype and decided to try this serum along with a couple of other DE products. I say save your money and skip this one. I've used several Vitamin C serums and this is my least favorite. I haven't had any negative reactions to it, but due to the fact that this is oil based it makes my skin very shiny and a bit sticky. I also don't love the packaging. When I spend this much I want packaging that looks and feels elegant and this looks and feels like it's for children. The pump doesn't even work that well and causes a bit of a mess. There are water based serums at the same concentrations available for much less that work better for me. As far as the scent, this smells the same as every other vitamin C serum I've tried. All Vitamin C seems to smell a bit funky, but it goes away once dried.

on 12/3/2017 10:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I had quiet a awful acne scar due to breakout during Australian summer 3 years ago, and never really fade until today. So when I moved to Canada, I looked up this product at Sephora and it claims to even out skin texture, includinf heal the scars. I decided to give it a try despite the steep price. I’ve been using it for roughly three weeks now every morning, and I started to see the result. My old acne scars really fade! And it helps to heal newer acne scars as well. I will finish this product, however if my scars are all gone and there’s no new scars, I don’t have to repurchase coz it’s the only thing this product can do, at least for me.

on 9/14/2017 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This is expensive for a vitamin C serum, but for good reason. I've never been a fan of vitamin c serums but this one is my favorite. It's oil based and doesn't dry out my skin, so it's gentle enough to use every day if I wanted to. I love the fact that it's active for 72 hours after application, which I think is pretty nifty. I'm not crazy about the smell, which smells like sour fruit (from the vitamin c) and hot dog water (the ferulic acid) but it does wonders for my skin, even after just one application. To avoid the sour fruit smell, I use this at night and in the morning wake up to glowy, clear skin. The effect is amazing. The packaging is also well designed in that it prevents oxidation. This is the one vitamin c product I'll repurchase over and over again!

I have been using this for about 6 weeks. I am still on the fence about this, but I think I'm impressed. I should note, I gave the packaging a bad grade, but that is because I am using the mini-size (the one Sephora sells with the Hydro-jel, "the brights" mini pack), and the pump is fussy - it dispenses an irregular amount, but it also sprays 2 separate spurts when you pump it, so you have to be very careful where you aim it, or it goes shooting off into the sink or some such other place, which is an annoying waste of money. I am sure these problems don't occur with the regular size packaging.
I did break out badly about a week after starting to use this product. It could have been a coincidence, but I got a big pimple, which is unusual for me - usually I just get rosacea-related redness. But the girl at Sephora warned me that might happen, and I pushed through, and now I'm pretty pleased with it. Actually in truth, I am crossing my fingers and keeping on using it, because I THINK it is clearing up my blackheads (which reddit skincare says are actually sebaceous filaments?? whatever they are, they are on my t zone and they suck)... I am not SURE, it could be in my imagination, but my t-zone SEEMS to be looking clearer. So I'll buy the small pack again (for what it's worth, the little tiny small size has lasted me 6 weeks of daily use already, so that's pretty good) -- I can't afford $100 at a time for the big one, and I'm not totally convinced enough to drop that much $ anyway... But if it really does clear up those black heads, I'll be in awe! Besides that, I don't think it's helped with my redness at all, but I do think I have a bit more glow and brightness, and my skin feels smooth and pleasant. I do use it with the hydro-jel that it came with. Oh and the smell is quite shocking - to me, it smells exactly like artificial bacon bits (not like real bacon) - but it doesn't linger.

on 8/20/2017 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is quite pricey. But I feel like it has been doing a great job in giving me a glow in the mornings and improving my skin texture and lightening my sun damage. The packaging is great, ensures the vitamin C doesn't oxidise quickly.

on 7/26/2017 5:53:00 PM

I use this a few times a week. I think it might do a little something for brightening, but not sure. It does smell terrible (like hot dogs), and my face feels sticky for a few hours after I've put it on.

The packaging is genius. I love how the top twists and turns into a pump.

While I checked that I would repurchase it, it's more of a "maybe" I'll repurchase it. I think I may like to try some other vitamin C products first. It is pretty expensive.

on 1/25/2017 10:18:00 AM

I use this after I wash my face in the morning with the DE soap - it works great- I would say I use it 5 out of 7 mornings of the week just to give my skin a rest on the other days... I use all of the DE products and I follow this product with the DE sunscreen which I have also reviewed.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Why oh why does this stuff smell like bacon? While I love the effect of its use, and the vitamin C boost it gives my skin, the smell is just awful! Since I do love the how soft and smooth my skin is after use, I will keep using it. I typically follow up its use with another moisturizer which helps to mask the smell. I also occasionally use it in my hair to give it too, the extra boost. It's really made a difference in my skin, I have received many compliments.

Popular Face Skincare Products