Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum

C-Firma Day SerumC-Firma Day Serum

3.3

on 6/25/2018 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am trying the whole Dunk Elephant line. I have been using it for about a month. My skin has improved remarkably. The C-Firma has helped even my skin-tone and glow.

on 6/22/2018 10:33:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This has been the one product that has saved my pitted acne scars and discolouration. I have been using this for a month now and my facialist was so amazed when she saw me 2 weeks after I started using this product.

Skin now has great tone and this is help fading any hyper pigmentation and lessening the depths of any pitted scars.

Expensive but a beautiful formulation. I find I need nothing else!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Makes my skin feel amazing, it doesn’t break me out or dry out my skin. The smell is absolutely awful, smells similar to processed meat. Disgusting.

Love this stuff. It really has made a difference in the appearance of my aging, mature, sun-damaged skin. It has a bit of a smell from the Vitamin C that other reviews have mentioned, but I don't find it objectionable at all.
This is a treatment serum, so you will need to add hydration/moisture - I use this first, then LaLa Retro cream and then whatever sunscreen makeup I'm doing that day. It really works and worth the money. Love this stuff -did I say that already???

on 11/20/2017 6:31:00 PM

Love their philosophy, especially embracing cruelty-free, but not wowed with the results. The consistency was light and set quickly. Though fragrancefree, it smelled heavenly. After using the very last drop, I think that it was a great moisturizer, but without the usual benefits from other c serums. Not likely to repurchase, but may try other products.

I would not recommend this product for oily to combination skin. There a to manny oils that they added. But it did get rid of pigantation on my face! But not redness. But i would not repurchased I will go for a lightweight vit c serum next time. But normal to dry skin types will absolutely Love Love Love this it is hydrating at the same time.

I did major research on finding a Vit C serum, as I know its benefits and that stability/packaging is a major issue. This seemed to be the winner, and the price didn't seem too bad given that "other" serums may be de-activated by light (per research). Have used Ole Hendriksens "truth serum" many moons ago with no real effect, and think it might have been less potent, if at all

Although I was excited to introduce Vitamin C into my regimen and this was pretty irritating, surpassingly, even though I did incorporate slowly, used sunscreen (not just makeup with sunscreen), etc. It does smell foul, almost smoky, but that dissipates. I did return, but am still on the hunt.

on 4/3/2017 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is my first Vit C serum, so I have nothing to compare it to. After doing some internet research, I came to the conclusion that Vitamin C was too unstable to realistically make a DIY serum, and choosing the right formula was essential. Drunk Elephant seemed to consistently be among the best rated and had all the right ingredients, although very pricey.

I've only been using for a couple of weeks every other day (will update my review as I go) so I haven't noticed any positive effects yet. But it hasn't broken me out or irritated my skin, so it's a good start.

I love the pump system, fancy AF. You only need a tiny amount of product, one pump covers my whole face. It feels like a light oil when you pump it out, but it dries like a thin shiny plastic layer which is a bit weird. I really don't like how it feels on my skin to be honest, it doesn't feel like it's penetrating. I tried 2 pumps once but the product was too thick on my skin and it felt so weird and looked way too shiny. Alone it makes skin feel tacky even with only one pump, so after it dries I put a thin moisturizer or SS over to soften it up. It smells like sawdust, like a carpenters workshop or a camp fire, which is an unusual but not necessarily unpleasant smell.

EDIT: The serum turned dark orange within a few weeks. It expired and I think I have over half the bottle left. There is no expiry or best before date anywhere on the box or the bottle, so how are you supposed to know the shelf life?!! Waste of 100$ in my opinion. It didn't do anything, it never felt like it was penetrating, it just sat there and made me super orange and shiny. My facecloth would be super orange after washing my face the next morning (I could also use at night due to shininess). Would not buy again, would not recommend.

I like this stuff a lot. It's packaged well for C serum so that it doesn't oxidize. My skin has looked great since starting it about a month ago; no breakouts from it, it's not sticky, no complaints at all.

on 4/1/2019 2:48:00 AM

DE is my second Vit C serum. I switched over from Timeless CE Ferulic (which irritated my skin) as this has a higher pH so I felt my skin responded better to it. Smells to me like canned corn and the smell does linger a bit. But it absorbs well and I feel no irritation. Also my lotion and sunscreen layers well over it. I got it from Sephora and it came relatively fresh (light yellow tint). Keeping it in my fridge to play safe, I like it but don’t love it so prob won’t be repurchasing after finishing this bottle as I feel there are other products at similar price points which I want to try.

Popular Face Skincare Products