Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum

Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum
C-Firma Day SerumC-Firma Day Serum

3.3

on 6/27/2018 2:15:00 PM

I've used this product for over a year. I feel like it does a good job in keeping my skin hydrated but I didnt notice any difference in my skin looking more brighter and renewed. I felt like I was adding serum to my skin routine without the benefits vitamin c would because I didnt see a difference in my skin. I also felt like it oxidized quickly. The color is a dead giveaway. From what I've learned from research, vitamin c is supposed to colorless. I'm not a chemist or anything, but if the product is orange and turns into a darker brown overtime, then I believe it oxidized so for $100 CAD what was I putting on my face? I've used it for over a year as I believed its marketing claims, but learned so much more as I researched and have come to realize that I may have wasted money on a hydrating serum. Now I'm using a topical vitamin c powder and I definitely see a difference in brightening and my face looks renewed - overall, my face looks healthy. I do not recommend this product.

on 4/22/2018 4:46:00 AM

It is a well formulated vitamin C serum with good ingredients and nice packaging, BUT (as with every single product in the Drunk Elephant range) you can find WAY cheaper products that are just as effective as this for like half the price. So while not saying it's a bad product, having purchased the entire Drunk Elephant range I haven't seen the slightest improvement in my skin vs. my previous skincare routine (which was mainly based on Paula's Choice and Trilogy sensitive range) so I won't repurchase any of their products.

on 5/20/2017 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Vitamin C is not supposed to produce quick results. The added fruit enzymes exfoliated my skin, and made it look like my skin texture was improving the first few days. But it was too harsh and I broke out in small pimples all over my chin. Also, this product is oily, which made my skin worse. Not worth it. Hated their Vitamin B gel as well.

I will be searching for a simple, no-frills Vitamin C, if I decide to use Vitamin C at all. I loved the pump packaging of this product though.

on 12/28/2018 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

For $100 (CAD) product this vitamin c serum has been extremely disappointing. I have used the Ole Henriksen Truth serum and Philosophy Turbo Booster C powder and I noticed results with both. I noticed the best results with the Philosophy one. The Philosophy booster C powder gave me radiant skin! I didn't notice any results with the Drunk Elephant serum after using a whole bottle. My skin became dull and it looked like I wasn't using any vitamin c serum while I was using this. I didn't like how the serum is orange coloured since that makes it difficult to tell if the serum has oxidized. I also noticed the serum turned a darker shade of orange after 3 months of use, which is very disappointing considering the air tight opaque bottle and I store it in the medicine cabinet. I noticed a huge improvement in 2 days after I went back to my Philosophy booster C powder and that only cost me $50 compared to $100 and it has a longer shelf life since it's in a powder form. I feel like Drunk elephant is a over hyped brand and I have better results with The Ordinary and drugstore products. Overall, this product didn't hurt my skin but it did absolutely nothing. I have used vitamin c serums daily for close to 2 years now. This product couldn't even maintain the results of previous vitamin c serums/powder, which shows how ineffective the formulation is for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I feel the need to warn others, since this caused me to break out in acne on my face. Please beware if you are acne-prone.
I also try to avoid plastic packaging, and this is supposedly a natural product (I do love that they do not test on animals), so I'm surprised that at least the inner encasement is not glass (since plastic's chemicals can leach into products).
This was a waste of money and it took my skin time to recover, so I would definitely not repurchase.

on 9/30/2017 10:35:00 AM

I feel like I was victim to a bait and switch.. lol I first tried this last year, love love loved the results I got. My skin odd I get pale patches on my cheeks and darker patches in the hollows of them and on my chin. The fist bottle (full size) I used completely and my face was so even, so bright, I would even dare myself to go out with out makeup. The odd discoloration was gone and my scars from breakouts were so minimal.
I didn’t at all hesitate shelling out the $$ for a second time. I was duped... the color of the serum was way lighter, no biggy right. It’s made with natural ingredients so colors will vary.. but it was more watery too?! I used it the same as I did with the first bottle.. super disappointed. My patches are coming back, not very noticeable but I notice. I had this pimple that thought it signed a lease to stay on my face, I had the same thing happened last year too.. the scar from the first time faded to nothing with the first bottle. This second time around and nothing, literally 3 months of nothing. I switch to Clinique Smart Serum and everything is fading. I’m hoping that if and when I finish the Smart serum I can go back to the C-Firma to get the same amazing results the first time I tried it..As of now I feel like C-firma is just a paperweight

on 2/9/2017 11:07:00 AM

This product is why I looked at the Drunk Elephant line in the first place.

Price: I have been reading a lot lately about the benefits of using Vitamin C on the skin, so I turned to Beautypedia to get some recommendations. I was a little surprised to see that all 5-star rated products in the Vitamin C category are all relatively expensive, so it took me a while to come to terms with that. I first got this as a sample in the All Glowy Kit from Sephora, then bought the standard size bottle.

Packaging: The bottle is opaque plastic with an airless pump inside that dispenses every drop. (For reference, I took the bottle apart when I finished their Framboos, which has the same delivery system, and the interior bottle was bone dry).

Product: While the pump is airless, I would not say it's 100% dripless. This serum has a runny texture, and residue will collect on the applicator over time. I have read reviews of this that stated issues with the serum leaving an orange case on skin; I have not had this experience on either my hands or face. I like this product and think I made an excellent choice for my first attempt at using a Vitamin C product, especially given that the packaging keeps this serum stable (I've read that Vitamin C in clear glass droppers will sometimes go rancid due to light exposure or will need to be kept refrigerated, which would guarantee that I would never use it). I don't find it to have an irritating smell. I put it on after showering in the morning and follow up with my HG moisturizer (CeraVe cream). I like that it is easy to dispense and apply.

Overall, I've had HG-level results from this DR product and their Framboos, to the point where I am now slightly afraid to go off-brand in an attempt to save money, especially considering that most of the other Vitamin C products I looked at cost as much as this or more. I think if I can commit to using Vitamin C in my routine as I have with other products, this will be my staple.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an awesome new(ish) brand, I'm loving all their products so much that I bought the whole line. It's a small line so far, but I think it will grow even more, as the products really are amazing. There is a lot of consideration from Drunk Elephant on every single ingredient they put into their products, more so than most companies. This serum has absolutely excellent ingredients and feels lightweight and slightly moisturizing. It's hydrating, but those with dry skin will still need a moisturizer afterwards. I have normal to dry skin & I always use a moisturizer after this. I can see the difference in my skin after using this for 2 weeks. My face looks brighter, more radiant and even toned. The red marks I had from a PMS breakout have faded quickly. It's pricey, but money well spent, as this actually works, which is more than I can say for most products, sadly!

on 11/8/2018 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Unfortunately, this did not work for me. It did absolutely nothing for my skin, and oxidized to a dark amber color within 2 weeks (!) This serum also smells horrible and left a lingering unpleasant odor on my skin during the day. Would not recommend.

Pros:
none

Cons:
No visible change in my skin
Crazy fast oxidation
Smells terrible IMO (and leaves a lingering scent)
Price

on 4/28/2018 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This s the third product I have used from this brand , and I am beginning to think the brand is overrated . this didn't do much for my skin, it irritated it, and in the end I stopped using it fast...three products already thst haven't worked for me...done with this brand.

Popular Face Skincare Products