Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum

Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum
C-Firma Day SerumC-Firma Day Serum

3.3

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have been using a sample of DE C-firma Day Serum for about 4 days to see if my skins likes it before I splurge on the $126.00 bottle in New Zealand. I am of indian decent and have combination skin. I'm in my early 30's and have been guilty of not giving my skin enough care. I recently discovered that I have developed small dark sun spots around the cheeks and eye area and wanted a product to reduce it. I went into Mecca Cosmetica and was recommended this serum to help lighten/remove sun spots. I took a sample home and started using it.

My first application after using product was good, I applied the product by itself at night and the next day my skin looked brighter. The second day I applied it during the day, and noticed my skin had a light tan to it, I'm unsure if this is due to the pale/mid yellow colouring the serum has. The third day I decided to use it with rose hip night cream to provide more moisture to my skin as the serum is a bit sticky on it's on, I applied this during the night.The next morning I noticed I started breaking out in small red bumps, just 2 or 3 around the forehead, t-zone and cheek.

Fourth day I used the serum at night just by itself and my red bumps got a little bit bigger, so I've stopped using it. This product could have reacted with the rose hip night cream, maybe, but the little breakouts was enough for me to make up my mind. I dont think I will invest in buying this product, I will research for an alternative.

Best advice is to get samples for these expensive serums and creams, everyones skin type of different so they react differently.

on 1/12/2019 8:55:00 AM

Love clean beauty and c serums, so trying c-firma was irresistible. The serum-like consistency absorbed quickly with no telltale signs of perfume and minimal stickiness. A little concerned about c freshness due to the orange tint, but continued daily use. A few days days in, my skin took on an orange glow reinforcing my original concern. NO, the product had oxidized! Sticking to smallbatch c serums.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I received this in a holiday package set and love all of the drunk elephant products since they are made of simple ingredients. I did not see any positive or negative results from this, which is great since it is keeping my skin consistent. I would not repurchase just because the benefits did not match the expensive price.

on 3/11/2019 9:04:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

So, if you know anything about Vitamin C, you know it’s HIGHLY unstable (particularly in the L-AA form). It oxidizes quickly and loses efficacy. Additionally, some studies show that oxidized product can be bad for your skin. Adding ferulic acid helps stabilize Vit C products, but it’s still not something you should stockpile.

Drunk Elephant’s C-Firma has a reputation for oxidizing quickly, but mine (the Little size) arrived oxidized. It was a very orange color, and I immediately knew what that meant. I mentioned it to DE founder/CEO, Tiffany Masterson, on Instagram (kudos to her for being accessible and responsive that way), and her reply was that it’s ok for it to be oxidized because, “we did the testing.”

OK, first of all, do a quick search online and you can see DE’s pat response to anyone who emails about this problem is that they did the testing. (They do provide their stats, as well.) In-house testing is great - if backed by independent studies that confirm it. Second of all, for the money DE charges for its stuff, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect a product to be fresh upon purchase.

Sephora (love them) sent me a replacement, but that also arrived oxidized. I give up. I’m sticking with my original brand.

I really love DE’s Lala Retro, but this experience is making me very wary of the brand, as a whole.

on 4/1/2019 2:48:00 AM

DE is my second Vit C serum. I switched over from Timeless CE Ferulic (which irritated my skin) as this has a higher pH so I felt my skin responded better to it. Smells to me like canned corn and the smell does linger a bit. But it absorbs well and I feel no irritation. Also my lotion and sunscreen layers well over it. I got it from Sephora and it came relatively fresh (light yellow tint). Keeping it in my fridge to play safe, I like it but don’t love it so prob won’t be repurchasing after finishing this bottle as I feel there are other products at similar price points which I want to try.

Popular Face Skincare Products