Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum

Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum
C-Firma Day SerumC-Firma Day Serum

3.3

I would not recommend this product for oily to combination skin. There a to manny oils that they added. But it did get rid of pigantation on my face! But not redness. But i would not repurchased I will go for a lightweight vit c serum next time. But normal to dry skin types will absolutely Love Love Love this it is hydrating at the same time.

on 11/20/2017 6:31:00 PM

Love their philosophy, especially embracing cruelty-free, but not wowed with the results. The consistency was light and set quickly. Though fragrancefree, it smelled heavenly. After using the very last drop, I think that it was a great moisturizer, but without the usual benefits from other c serums. Not likely to repurchase, but may try other products.

on 11/25/2017 1:03:00 PM

I did not see any meaningful difference in my skin several months after using it. The smell is pretty off-putting though it does fade away over time. I like the packaging, with a twist-up top that prevents product from leaking out if you travel or toss it around. I think there are better C-serums out there.

on 11/25/2017 9:14:00 PM

I've used 2 bottles of this stuff and will not repurchase. I understand that you're looking for a cumulative effect as opposed to overnight results, but I didn't see any change in my skin after using this for over a year. Each bottle lasted about 6 months. I used once daily under sunscreen often mixing with the BHydra or the Marula oil. Packaging is supposed to keep air out. As the product is colored orange it's difficult to tell if it went off or not. Not worth the heavy price tag in my opinion. I will try another vitamin C serum.

on 12/3/2017 10:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I had quiet a awful acne scar due to breakout during Australian summer 3 years ago, and never really fade until today. So when I moved to Canada, I looked up this product at Sephora and it claims to even out skin texture, includinf heal the scars. I decided to give it a try despite the steep price. I’ve been using it for roughly three weeks now every morning, and I started to see the result. My old acne scars really fade! And it helps to heal newer acne scars as well. I will finish this product, however if my scars are all gone and there’s no new scars, I don’t have to repurchase coz it’s the only thing this product can do, at least for me.

on 1/5/2018 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Was looking for a stable vitamin c serum, and this went on very thick and oily feeling and with a horrible smell of boiled hot dog water. It is a strong scent that did not dissipate throughout the day, and gave me a headache. I also did not see any benefits from using this.

on 1/28/2018 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

It's expensive. I would never buy the full size when they have sample kits avail and even then, they aren't exactly cheap either. I'd wanted to try this brand for so long so I purchased The Littles Kit last summer. They lasts forever, took awhile to get through this. The smell that many complain about was mild to me and disappeared quickly. Performance-wise, I thought it was okay. Not what I expected for the price and I probably won't buy it again because I think you can get the same or better results with less expensive options of the same ingredient quality as this brand. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Vitamin C as much as I am glycolic or retinol. It certainly didn't make my skin worse which is always nice. I'm just one of those that expects a lot from an expensive product and feels truly excited when an inexpensive option exceeds my expectations.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm on the fence with this vitamin C serum.

This product is so hyped up (and still unavailable in UK) that it was on the TOP of my shopping list when I went to US last November. Even the girl at the Sephora in Seattle checkout commented how excellent it is (I knew it, I watched/read enough reviews) and my husband winced at the price ($80!).

I have started using it straight away, every second day (the vitamin C in it is supposed to work inside the skin for 72 hours) two pumps - one for the face, one for the neck and décolletée whatever remained - rubbed into the tops of my hands. I'm no fit C serums newbe, I have been using it for years. Two weeks in, I can see this product is effective - my skin is brighter, dare I say even firmer? I decided to keep it in the fridge (like all the vit C serums although DE says it is not necessary, well...) and I'll use my bottle up asap as we all know, these people want to earn money, they cannot quite be trusted especially with the stability vs colour issue - it is supposed to be stable, but IS IT?!

My one does not smell repulsive at all (my rule of thumb is if it smells bad it is not good for me) - kind of fruity, sweet (not the 'Luisiana sweet rot') and delicate. It is however the light orange colour that baffles me. I understand it has ferulic acid and pumpkin enzyme in it and product with ferulic often have a light yellow colour and funky smell. I have not felt any tingling, just a delicate warming sensation for the first one or two times I used it. It glides on the skin easily and I just put on a little bit of hyaluronic acid serum on top and I'm good to go (or apply some sunscreen) as the serum stops being sticky.

The colour of the freshly opened bottle (there is no expiry date/shelf life on the product's packaging) was translucent orange so normally I would treat any other vit C as oxidised and chuck it in the bin. However Drunk Elephant states that if it is DARK orange or brown then it has oxidised. Personally I think it is unfair towards the consumer so when I finish this bottle (apparently I have 3-4 months to do so after the opening) I will buy a different serum or even the powder form of ascorbic acid from The Ordinary and mix my own serum which I know will be fresh and not oxidised. With this one - I simply don't know if it is effective (for $80 I kind of wish IT IS), so I will not repurchase.

Btw, this blog has a great explanation of the serum's colour: https://nothingserious.blog/2017/06/15/drunk-elephant-c-firma-review/
I have chucked the excessive cardboard packaging (seriously WAY TOO MUCH packaging! Although the main twist up pump idea is rather cute) into recycling so I have emailed the brand with the encrypted code that I've managed to find on the bottom of the bottle. Let's see what their reply is going to be and I'll update my review.

UPDATE: The DE company replied really swiftly to my email and here is what they said: 'Thank you for contacting us! L-ascorbic acid naturally darkens over time. If you notice this happening, even if it is that dark from the start, it does not necessarily mean that the serum is oxidized - it's just the normal reaction!

The batch code indicates that your serum has a shelf life through June 2018. C-Firma has a 1 year shelf life, however, we recommend finishing a bottle within 4-5 months from the day you opened it. This doesn't necessarily mean that your product is bad or ineffective. It's just our tip on how to get the most out of your product. '

So... I still don't know. The DE comes to Space NK in UK in the Autumn 2018 so I will have a look at the colour of it in the bottle in the shop.

on 2/20/2018 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is so overpriced. The biggest problems with vitamin C serum are smell and feel on the skin—and this is no better than other high-concentration serums I've tried, despite costing a lot more. There is no getting around vitamin C feeling tacky and gross on the skin, apparently. If this felt better on the skin that similar cheaper serums it might be worth the $$. But it isn't so it's not. I'd rather just get something from The Ordinary...even if it doesn't feel the greatest, at least I didn't spend like $100 on it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I’m on my second bottle and I absolutely love it! No irritation. It really helps with evening skin tone and I feel like it gives me a little bit of a glow.