Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum

Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum
C-Firma Day SerumC-Firma Day Serum

3.3

The Drunk Elephant C Firma Day Serum is a great vitamin c serum that you can apply in the morning before products that contain sunscreen to give your face an antioxidant boost as well as protection from free radicals. This serum is super light and absorbs quickly. Better than that is the fact that it is fragrance free and packaged in a manner that protects the beneficial ingredients from light and air. This is definitely a more expensive Vitamin C serum, but if you don't mind the price this is one of the better options out there. Vitamin C is a great brightening antioxidant that should be a part of everyone's skin care regimen, especially if you suffer from hyperpigmentation.

If you are thinking of purchasing right now the set Come C About Me gives you the full size serum plus the Jelly Beste Cleanser, B Hydra Serum, and the Umbra Sheer Tinte Sunscreen in deluxe sample sizes for almost the same price as the C-Firma Serum alone.

on 9/15/2017 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I wanted to love this! But it broke me out on my cheeks where I normally don't get acne, I got little white heads the next day after using this and it was the only product I changed in my routine. I also didn't like the texture it was oily yet not easy to spread over the face. My skin felt smothered with this on. The scent is not desirable but I don't care as long as the product works for me. If you have acne prone sensitive clog prone skin like mine please use caution. I am going to try mad hippie vitamin c serum next and see how that goes.

on 9/14/2017 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This is expensive for a vitamin C serum, but for good reason. I've never been a fan of vitamin c serums but this one is my favorite. It's oil based and doesn't dry out my skin, so it's gentle enough to use every day if I wanted to. I love the fact that it's active for 72 hours after application, which I think is pretty nifty. I'm not crazy about the smell, which smells like sour fruit (from the vitamin c) and hot dog water (the ferulic acid) but it does wonders for my skin, even after just one application. To avoid the sour fruit smell, I use this at night and in the morning wake up to glowy, clear skin. The effect is amazing. The packaging is also well designed in that it prevents oxidation. This is the one vitamin c product I'll repurchase over and over again!

I have been using this for about 6 weeks. I am still on the fence about this, but I think I'm impressed. I should note, I gave the packaging a bad grade, but that is because I am using the mini-size (the one Sephora sells with the Hydro-jel, "the brights" mini pack), and the pump is fussy - it dispenses an irregular amount, but it also sprays 2 separate spurts when you pump it, so you have to be very careful where you aim it, or it goes shooting off into the sink or some such other place, which is an annoying waste of money. I am sure these problems don't occur with the regular size packaging.
I did break out badly about a week after starting to use this product. It could have been a coincidence, but I got a big pimple, which is unusual for me - usually I just get rosacea-related redness. But the girl at Sephora warned me that might happen, and I pushed through, and now I'm pretty pleased with it. Actually in truth, I am crossing my fingers and keeping on using it, because I THINK it is clearing up my blackheads (which reddit skincare says are actually sebaceous filaments?? whatever they are, they are on my t zone and they suck)... I am not SURE, it could be in my imagination, but my t-zone SEEMS to be looking clearer. So I'll buy the small pack again (for what it's worth, the little tiny small size has lasted me 6 weeks of daily use already, so that's pretty good) -- I can't afford $100 at a time for the big one, and I'm not totally convinced enough to drop that much $ anyway... But if it really does clear up those black heads, I'll be in awe! Besides that, I don't think it's helped with my redness at all, but I do think I have a bit more glow and brightness, and my skin feels smooth and pleasant. I do use it with the hydro-jel that it came with. Oh and the smell is quite shocking - to me, it smells exactly like artificial bacon bits (not like real bacon) - but it doesn't linger.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Unfortunately this did not work for my skin type. I'm in my late 20's and starting to see signs of sun spots so I've been using skinceuticals aox 20 vitamin c serum for a few years now. I've never had an issue with it but I got my hands on a few sample packets of this from DE. As soon as I poured a little on my finger tips, I immediately felt the difference in consistency between the two. DE's serum is very thick and feels oily (reminded me of castor oil). Skinceuticals has a watery consistency.
So after two days of using it at night, my pores started to appear larger, my skin felt oily, and a few pimples appeared. I kept using it for another week or so and my skin kept getting worse so I stopped using it.
I can see this working for someone who is not acne prone, dry skin/small pores. I will be sticking to what works for me!

on 9/3/2017 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This is my favourite product from Drunk Elephant. The results you see are so quick. After a month of using this daily, I've noticed my skin is brighter, the redness in my acne inflamed skin has calmed down, and it's so smooth. This product with the TLC Franbroise Glycolic Acid are the best out of the line. I did find this product is hard to spread around so I mix a drop of the Drunk Elephant Marula oil with it to spread it evenly. It's expensive but I find it works. Definitely buying again.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is great, and if I were in a slightly higher income bracket it would be my go-to vitamin C treatment. I got one of the mini sampler duo things from Sephora that has this and the blue-cap moisturizer gel whatever, and while I didn't like that one I loved the C-Firma serum and used every last drop. I have sensitive, acne prone skin with mild rosacea, so it is always a fun time trying new skincare products. I had never used a vitamin C serum or really anything with vitamin C before, so I didn't really know what to expect. Given that my face is covered in the most crybaby skin you can imagine, I expected some burning or stinging at first given different things I had read, but it wasn't nearly that bad, maybe just a little tingly the first couple of times but nothing drastic or unnerving. The small vial in the duo lasted me about a month, and in that time I saw some pretty dramatic changes in the overall tone of my skin as well as acne spots that became significantly less noticeable. I used it during the day, of course, and I didn't notice any effect on the wear or longevity of my makeup or anything though I did usually let it sink in for at least a few minutes before I applied the next steps in my skincare routine. I am kicking myself for even trying this before less expensive alternatives because I have yet to try anything that's as good or as quick at showing results, but I might splurge during the VIB sale since I'd guess that a full size bottle would probably last me a good long time. Darn you, Drunk Elephant, for making such a fabulous product that is a stretch for my middle class self. Update Jan. 2018: I got the full size and I am still loving it. I only use one pump per day, so I think the bottle will last long enough that the cost is offset somewhat. I think the packaging of the full size is really nice (and fun!) and it seems like a worthy investment.

on 8/20/2017 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is quite pricey. But I feel like it has been doing a great job in giving me a glow in the mornings and improving my skin texture and lightening my sun damage. The packaging is great, ensures the vitamin C doesn't oxidise quickly.

on 7/26/2017 5:53:00 PM

I use this a few times a week. I think it might do a little something for brightening, but not sure. It does smell terrible (like hot dogs), and my face feels sticky for a few hours after I've put it on.

The packaging is genius. I love how the top twists and turns into a pump.

While I checked that I would repurchase it, it's more of a "maybe" I'll repurchase it. I think I may like to try some other vitamin C products first. It is pretty expensive.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

The emperor has no clothes! This smells like a bucket of fish heads ALL day, my grandmother even noticed the smell a few feet away after hours of wear. It also leaves an orange residue on the skin and it broke me out every time I used it, which isn't a mystery since marula oil has a comedogenic rating of 3-4! It failed on every level for me. This brand have a great social media ad campaign, that's about it.