Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum

Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum
C-Firma Day SerumC-Firma Day Serum

3.4

on 3/24/2018 6:54:00 PM

This burned the ever-loving hell out of my face. It also smelled like carrots and was orange. Like the serum itself was orange. Is that what vitamin c serum is supposed to look like? Either way, I am scared of trying any vitamin c- based product ever again. So, bla!

on 2/20/2018 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is so overpriced. The biggest problems with vitamin C serum are smell and feel on the skin—and this is no better than other high-concentration serums I've tried, despite costing a lot more. There is no getting around vitamin C feeling tacky and gross on the skin, apparently. If this felt better on the skin that similar cheaper serums it might be worth the $$. But it isn't so it's not. I'd rather just get something from The Ordinary...even if it doesn't feel the greatest, at least I didn't spend like $100 on it!

on 1/28/2018 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

It's expensive. I would never buy the full size when they have sample kits avail and even then, they aren't exactly cheap either. I'd wanted to try this brand for so long so I purchased The Littles Kit last summer. They lasts forever, took awhile to get through this. The smell that many complain about was mild to me and disappeared quickly. Performance-wise, I thought it was okay. Not what I expected for the price and I probably won't buy it again because I think you can get the same or better results with less expensive options of the same ingredient quality as this brand. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Vitamin C as much as I am glycolic or retinol. It certainly didn't make my skin worse which is always nice. I'm just one of those that expects a lot from an expensive product and feels truly excited when an inexpensive option exceeds my expectations.

on 1/5/2018 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Was looking for a stable vitamin c serum, and this went on very thick and oily feeling and with a horrible smell of boiled hot dog water. It is a strong scent that did not dissipate throughout the day, and gave me a headache. I also did not see any benefits from using this.

on 11/25/2017 1:03:00 PM

I did not see any meaningful difference in my skin several months after using it. The smell is pretty off-putting though it does fade away over time. I like the packaging, with a twist-up top that prevents product from leaking out if you travel or toss it around. I think there are better C-serums out there.

on 11/20/2017 6:31:00 PM

Love their philosophy, especially embracing cruelty-free, but not wowed with the results. The consistency was light and set quickly. Though fragrancefree, it smelled heavenly. After using the very last drop, I think that it was a great moisturizer, but without the usual benefits from other c serums. Not likely to repurchase, but may try other products.

on 10/9/2017 11:15:00 PM

On to my second bottle. I really love using this product. I've tried a few other vitamin C serums (eg Paulas Choice) but this one is particularly lovely. The texture and smell are nice, and its often enough to use without a separate moisturiser. It also seems to be making a visible difference to my skin - my neck is more lifted and some age spots have faded. Truly lovely brand.

on 9/30/2017 10:35:00 AM

I feel like I was victim to a bait and switch.. lol I first tried this last year, love love loved the results I got. My skin odd I get pale patches on my cheeks and darker patches in the hollows of them and on my chin. The fist bottle (full size) I used completely and my face was so even, so bright, I would even dare myself to go out with out makeup. The odd discoloration was gone and my scars from breakouts were so minimal.
I didn’t at all hesitate shelling out the $$ for a second time. I was duped... the color of the serum was way lighter, no biggy right. It’s made with natural ingredients so colors will vary.. but it was more watery too?! I used it the same as I did with the first bottle.. super disappointed. My patches are coming back, not very noticeable but I notice. I had this pimple that thought it signed a lease to stay on my face, I had the same thing happened last year too.. the scar from the first time faded to nothing with the first bottle. This second time around and nothing, literally 3 months of nothing. I switch to Clinique Smart Serum and everything is fading. I’m hoping that if and when I finish the Smart serum I can go back to the C-Firma to get the same amazing results the first time I tried it..As of now I feel like C-firma is just a paperweight

The Drunk Elephant C Firma Day Serum is a great vitamin c serum that you can apply in the morning before products that contain sunscreen to give your face an antioxidant boost as well as protection from free radicals. This serum is super light and absorbs quickly. Better than that is the fact that it is fragrance free and packaged in a manner that protects the beneficial ingredients from light and air. This is definitely a more expensive Vitamin C serum, but if you don't mind the price this is one of the better options out there. Vitamin C is a great brightening antioxidant that should be a part of everyone's skin care regimen, especially if you suffer from hyperpigmentation.

If you are thinking of purchasing right now the set Come C About Me gives you the full size serum plus the Jelly Beste Cleanser, B Hydra Serum, and the Umbra Sheer Tinte Sunscreen in deluxe sample sizes for almost the same price as the C-Firma Serum alone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Unfortunately this did not work for my skin type. I'm in my late 20's and starting to see signs of sun spots so I've been using skinceuticals aox 20 vitamin c serum for a few years now. I've never had an issue with it but I got my hands on a few sample packets of this from DE. As soon as I poured a little on my finger tips, I immediately felt the difference in consistency between the two. DE's serum is very thick and feels oily (reminded me of castor oil). Skinceuticals has a watery consistency.
So after two days of using it at night, my pores started to appear larger, my skin felt oily, and a few pimples appeared. I kept using it for another week or so and my skin kept getting worse so I stopped using it.
I can see this working for someone who is not acne prone, dry skin/small pores. I will be sticking to what works for me!

Popular Face Skincare Products