Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum

Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum
C-Firma Day SerumC-Firma Day Serum

3.1

on 3/24/2018 6:54:00 PM

This burned the ever-loving hell out of my face. It also smelled like carrots and was orange. Like the serum itself was orange. Is that what vitamin c serum is supposed to look like? Either way, I am scared of trying any vitamin c- based product ever again. So, bla!

on 12/3/2017 10:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I had quiet a awful acne scar due to breakout during Australian summer 3 years ago, and never really fade until today. So when I moved to Canada, I looked up this product at Sephora and it claims to even out skin texture, includinf heal the scars. I decided to give it a try despite the steep price. I’ve been using it for roughly three weeks now every morning, and I started to see the result. My old acne scars really fade! And it helps to heal newer acne scars as well. I will finish this product, however if my scars are all gone and there’s no new scars, I don’t have to repurchase coz it’s the only thing this product can do, at least for me.

on 11/25/2017 9:14:00 PM

I've used 2 bottles of this stuff and will not repurchase. I understand that you're looking for a cumulative effect as opposed to overnight results, but I didn't see any change in my skin after using this for over a year. Each bottle lasted about 6 months. I used once daily under sunscreen often mixing with the BHydra or the Marula oil. Packaging is supposed to keep air out. As the product is colored orange it's difficult to tell if it went off or not. Not worth the heavy price tag in my opinion. I will try another vitamin C serum.

on 11/25/2017 1:03:00 PM

I did not see any meaningful difference in my skin several months after using it. The smell is pretty off-putting though it does fade away over time. I like the packaging, with a twist-up top that prevents product from leaking out if you travel or toss it around. I think there are better C-serums out there.

I would not recommend this product for oily to combination skin. There a to manny oils that they added. But it did get rid of pigantation on my face! But not redness. But i would not repurchased I will go for a lightweight vit c serum next time. But normal to dry skin types will absolutely Love Love Love this it is hydrating at the same time.

on 10/12/2017 9:37:00 PM

This is a terrible C serum. I have nothing against Drunk Elephant and some of their products are my HG's (Lala Retro, B hydra), but man this C serum is garbage. I always keep my L-AA serums in the fridge so they don't turn before I can use them up and I have a bottle of Timeless C+E Ferulic that's been in my fridge for over 6 months and it's still crystal clear. Well I purchased a bottle of C Firma a month ago and it's been in the fridge since the day I got it and it's turned brown. Not golden or even orangish, it's totally an ugly oxidized brown. Like WTF. It's also super oily and at this point I'm not going to put it on my skin because it's so oxidized what would be the point. I'm glad I have my bottle of Timeless and I will be sticking with that since I've had great results, no oxidization and it's really inexpensive.

on 9/30/2017 10:35:00 AM

I feel like I was victim to a bait and switch.. lol I first tried this last year, love love loved the results I got. My skin odd I get pale patches on my cheeks and darker patches in the hollows of them and on my chin. The fist bottle (full size) I used completely and my face was so even, so bright, I would even dare myself to go out with out makeup. The odd discoloration was gone and my scars from breakouts were so minimal.
I didn’t at all hesitate shelling out the $$ for a second time. I was duped... the color of the serum was way lighter, no biggy right. It’s made with natural ingredients so colors will vary.. but it was more watery too?! I used it the same as I did with the first bottle.. super disappointed. My patches are coming back, not very noticeable but I notice. I had this pimple that thought it signed a lease to stay on my face, I had the same thing happened last year too.. the scar from the first time faded to nothing with the first bottle. This second time around and nothing, literally 3 months of nothing. I switch to Clinique Smart Serum and everything is fading. I’m hoping that if and when I finish the Smart serum I can go back to the C-Firma to get the same amazing results the first time I tried it..As of now I feel like C-firma is just a paperweight

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is great, and if I were in a slightly higher income bracket it would be my go-to vitamin C treatment. I got one of the mini sampler duo things from Sephora that has this and the blue-cap moisturizer gel whatever, and while I didn't like that one I loved the C-Firma serum and used every last drop. I have sensitive, acne prone skin with mild rosacea, so it is always a fun time trying new skincare products. I had never used a vitamin C serum or really anything with vitamin C before, so I didn't really know what to expect. Given that my face is covered in the most crybaby skin you can imagine, I expected some burning or stinging at first given different things I had read, but it wasn't nearly that bad, maybe just a little tingly the first couple of times but nothing drastic or unnerving. The small vial in the duo lasted me about a month, and in that time I saw some pretty dramatic changes in the overall tone of my skin as well as acne spots that became significantly less noticeable. I used it during the day, of course, and I didn't notice any effect on the wear or longevity of my makeup or anything though I did usually let it sink in for at least a few minutes before I applied the next steps in my skincare routine. I am kicking myself for even trying this before less expensive alternatives because I have yet to try anything that's as good or as quick at showing results, but I might splurge during the VIB sale since I'd guess that a full size bottle would probably last me a good long time. Darn you, Drunk Elephant, for making such a fabulous product that is a stretch for my middle class self. Update Jan. 2018: I got the full size and I am still loving it. I only use one pump per day, so I think the bottle will last long enough that the cost is offset somewhat. I think the packaging of the full size is really nice (and fun!) and it seems like a worthy investment.

on 7/26/2017 5:53:00 PM

I use this a few times a week. I think it might do a little something for brightening, but not sure. It does smell terrible (like hot dogs), and my face feels sticky for a few hours after I've put it on.

The packaging is genius. I love how the top twists and turns into a pump.

While I checked that I would repurchase it, it's more of a "maybe" I'll repurchase it. I think I may like to try some other vitamin C products first. It is pretty expensive.

on 4/20/2017 6:01:00 PM

Vitamin C serum is an essential product in my skin care regimen - you know, if you're packing minimal and whittling down your products to ESSENTIALS ONLY, Vitamin C is getting on that plane with me every time. I have tried a few: Ultraceuticals (too gel-like), The Ordinary (ok - dries sticky though), Obagi (amazing - not stocked by my beauty therapist anymore) and I have come to the conclusion that I prefer oil-like consistency Vitamin C - despite having oily/combo skin. I can't say that this has made a major difference to my skin - because I have been using good quality vitamin C for years now, so it's really about a consistent result for me, which this product provides.

The smell is fine, it goes after one or two seconds. Consistency is oil like and a single pump is enough to generously cover the whole face. Word of advice - don't forget your neck and chest, you'll need a second pump for that area. I find that post oil like Vitamin C, my sunscreen goes on like a dream - for me Vitamin C is a morning product. I appreciate the packaging, which should go a long way to reducing oxidisation - however, mine has still oxidised to a degree over the 3 months that I've been using it. Vitamin C shouldn't last too much longer than that anyway.

Good Vitamin C (in my opinion) is a great investment - along with a great Vitamin A/Retinol it is the only thing that will reduce the signs of ageing. Peptides, ceramides, HA are all great, but can't really reverse anything. To that end, the Drunk Elephant is a brilliant product, I would buy it again, it's available locally (in Aus) via Mecca and Mecca Maxima so it's easy to get hold of and the price point is about right for a strong, effective Vitamin C.

Popular Face Skincare Products