Maybelline New York Brow Precise fiber volumizer

Maybelline New York Brow Precise fiber volumizer

3.5

on 11/5/2016 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Confession - I bought this because I have recently fallen in love with Maybelline's Push Up Angel mascara which has a very similar shaped wand and I will tell you why. I am not one to roll a spoolie style wand through my eyelashes nor do I do this with my other brow mascaras so having a single sided comb style applicator is right up my alley. I am guilty of over plucking my brows back in high school and until I started using facial oils earlier this year they were always thin and sparse. Now my brows are fuller and do not require as much pencil or powder correction but I do like to keep them neat and therefore like to use a brow mascara type product. Love the cheap one by Essence because the wand is super small but I'm loving this Maybelline one even more. The applicator would not be suitable for those with thin or sparse brows but if you are looking for quick control or even finishing touches to your filled in/drawn on brows I recommend giving this a try. Like the Push Up Angel mascara, it might take some getting used to if you can't apply makeup with both hands equally. The formula is not too wet, doesn't feel clumpy and deposits just the right amount of fibres for a natural looking finish. My brows did not feel stiff and they stayed in place without any noticeable flaking.

Recommend - YES
Repurchase - YES

on 11/4/2016 7:13:00 AM

I tried to work with this for a few weeks to give it a fair chance, but yesterday I threw it in the trash so I'm not tempted to keep trying. I was able to get the knack of working with it for the most part after many attempts. My brows are fairly sparse, and while this builds on brows that you have, it looks odd on the barer areas. It looked a bit harsh and fake. I tried using various pencils, gels, etc with it to fill in my brows first. It just took too much work to get it to work, and I had too many days that I had to use makeup remover to take my brows off and rework them because of how awful my brows looked once I put this on. I didn't care for the applicator, I thought the shape made it hard to work with. But the worst part was that it flaked off all day. The little fibers fell off throughout the day,and I would look in the mirror to reapply lipstick and be horrified at what was going on with my brows.

Overall, just not a fan. It's not worth my time. It might be good for fuller brows.

Maybelline has really stepped up their game in providing some very good, relatively inexpensive brow products lately. This one has a special wand designed to load the product onto the brows. I find that this brow mascara is superb in quickly covering the very stubborn grey hairs while blending in and defining the rest of the brow hair. I've tried pencils and powders and those don't work without a lot of fixative (wax) and they also take a lot of time to apply, with fallout a common occurrence. I have a lot of brow hair still, but those wiry grey ones are taking over now, and the price of getting them dyed and maintaining that effect is getting steep. This is a wonderful new product, fast and easy to use (I am blonde but find that the light brown is best for definition for me) and I'll keep backups.

Popular Brows Products