Maybelline New York Brow Precise fiber volumizer

Maybelline New York Brow Precise fiber volumizer

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I bought this thinking it could be a good replacement for Boy Brow by Glossier and it's honestly terrible. The applicator is weird and doesn't work well, it just smudges product everywhere and the color is 'off'. This gives a very 'cheap' and unnatural look. I'll use up the tube but I'm going back to Glossier.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Here's my question: Why does Maybelline hate us? And if they don't hate us, then why are they putting such terrible brushes on their otherwise decent brow products? I mean, the last one had a brush with a ball on the tip. A BALL! So attempting any kind of precision, which, incidentally is essential for brow definition, was all but impossible. And now THIS thing; a weird, flat...spatula with short...nubs; way too short to qualify as "bristles". It picks up too much product and if you use the pointy tip in an attempt at definition you have to go back and re-brush with a separate lash spoolie - at best. At worst you have to wash your entire face from at least the eyelids up. I really don't get it. The formula of this is ok. It might even be good-but because too much gets applied, it becomes messy: first smudgy then flakey.
I get it - they want to be different. But you don't see Mercedes coming out with square wheels. BECAUSE YOU CANNOT REINVENT THE WHEEL OR THE SPOOLIE. Get it together, Maybelline!

I've been trying a lot of products lately that I didn't like, but this tops the cake. First the blonde is super dark! (these companies need to look up the definition of blonde) Very unnatural color. It went on in weird clumps & was hard to apply. The wand has tiny bristles, is oddly shaped, & hard to apply. And it made a few of my brow hairs fall out, I think from the wand, & I don't have many to spare. It looked super patchy, just patches everywhere, it looked very unnatural and fake. It was actually comical looking.
The fibers are coarse and hard compared to other fiber products, such as Benefit brow gel, & resemble beard hair more so than fibers. It's the worst brow product I've EVER used. It's turned me off to colored brow gels, I'll stick to clear brow gel.

on 4/15/2017 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The product is much like Maybelline's previous release that has the 'ball' at the end of the applicator (that I actually like better). However, this does have hair-like fibers which I do not find to be an improvement. This product would not work well on anyone with very sparse brows. My brows are medium thick, and I use a pencil or powder to fill in blank spots but this is fairly good on the hairs. I bought the blonde shade that is plenty dark for my need. Definitely wipe off excess on tip and top of applicator. I will use this up but probably not repurchase.

on 3/12/2017 5:08:00 AM

While the older-sister Maybelling Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara worked great for tidying up thick brows, Brow Precise Fiber Volumizer performs better at making the brows appear thicker, while filling and shaping the brows to appear defined but still natural. The wand uses a lip-shaped brush applicator instead of the bristle ball of the former brow mascara. The applicator makes it easier to shape thinner eyebrows than the one included with the older brow mascara, but overall this product doesn't fill the brow area all the way in. It still keeps brows looking fuller and natural. I feel that this brow mascara is water-resistant but it can be sweated off. It doesn't seem like it fully sets the way the older brow mascara does. But I like that it's easy to use and take with me on the go, with only a need for a mirror.

on 1/16/2017 8:49:00 AM

This is really messy. The wand is so big that it is hard to place the product. I saw that in pictures but thought I'd be able to lightly stroke it on and then brush it through with a clean brush. But it dries too fast. With a really light hand, I wound up with really fake brows. You'd have to have a lot of patience to use this or like a very drawn-on brow look. And the colours are darker than you'd expect. I have dark brown hair and the soft brown was too dark for me. I threw this out after one use.

on 1/10/2017 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

the wand is just too weirdly shaped and way too big and has little nubs on it (instead of bristles) and they dont do anything except make a mess. not precise in the least.
for shade, soft brown is way too warm for me (i normally use ash brown in nyx microbrow pencil). i prob should have gotten medium brown but it looked too dark.
there are a lot of fibres in this product. so much that i get overly bushy brows when i use this.
i use it once in a while just to use it up.. i apply the product to brows with a spare (clean) mascara wand.
im going to put this in my 2017 'project use-it-a-lot' to get rid of it but i might end up just tossing it.

on 1/2/2017 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This stuff is great for keeping your brows in place and adding natural looking volume (well, from a reasonable distance).

It's a little gummy -- the product is the same as what they use in their other similar products -- but instead of a spoolie, it's some kind of flat tapered comb. It really works and gives you much better control than a regular spoolie.

I use it over the Brow Define and Fill Duo (both in blond). They do different things, so together the look works really well.

on 12/31/2016 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I liked this the first time I used it, but nah. This is gross stuff. I don't know how to explain how strange this makes my eyebrows look. It also gets all over and looks like you highlighted your brows.

on 11/14/2016 11:36:00 AM

This product is great! It is competing in my favorite brow products (Anastasia brow gel and Hard Candy brow gel). When I first opened it, I was skeptical with its strange shape. However, this stuff WILL NOT BUDGE (I like my brows a bit unruly at the front and push the hairs in the opposite direction. Usually at the end of the day they fall back in its original place, but this product has hardcore hairspray powers). The tapered end of the wand allows you to really get a nice defined point at the ends of your eyebrows, which I like and have a hard time doing with my Anastasia brow gel. After it sets, which is rather quickly, It stays put all day and I did get the perfect amount of volume in my brows that I was looking for. My suggestion is that when taking out the wand from the bottle, you should wipe the tip of the wand on the side of the bottle because some product does clump a bit at the top and can blotch a giant dark spot on your brows. The formula does not make my brow hairs crusty, as has happened with other past brow gels I have tried. It also does not reflect another color when I'm in natural sunlight (looks dark brown, but in sunlight looks auburn, have a white cast, or even orange....*cringes at past experiences* Believe it or not, it has happened before and I've been asked if I dyed my eyebrows). I have tried the other Maybelline brow gel, the one with the strange ball-shaped wand. I thought the gel was alright but the shape of the wand was difficult to work with and I ended up giving it away to my sister who liked it. In my experience, a little goes a long way with this product and I will definitely repurchase when I run out! Go try it out if you need an affordable brow gel!

Popular Brows Products