Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

A holy grail for my short curly hair (I alternate this with John Frieda's Funky Chunky). I apply it on dry hair and it does a great job of texturizing my hair. Not too crazy about the tub, but will deal with this to get the results I get with this product.

on 2/15/2003 10:43:00 PM

The shimmery iridescence of this product drew me to buy it, but it didn't hold my hair in place at all. It does not hold well, and there is nothing wax-y about it.

on 2/15/2003 1:13:00 PM

this pomade has a light scent and a firm gel texture. it holds and separates well, but tends to get very sticky in the hair in high humidity.

Too gooey. Leaves hair gooey even if you use a teeny tiny bit.

I love this product! it works great. even works good to spike up my hair. the price is a bit steep at 14.00 a tub. but its worth it.

Honestly, it did not tame my fly aways!! but it did add shine..

on 1/11/2003 2:50:00 AM

The best light wax I've ever used. This pomade adds shine and controls fly-aways, while also with more liberal application giving hair that piecey separated look. Highly recommended.

I love this styling wax to tame my very wavy bangs into sleek, straight bangs, it works like a charm. I use a small amount after blowdrying my hair straight, keeps the style all day. I do not find it extremely greasy or shiney on my hair, but I have very dry hair.

on 7/12/2002 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I tried this wax during my spiky (but not *too* spiky) hair phase. I had been trying a lot of waxes, and most of them make me feel like I was tugging my hair out by the roots. This one went on much more smoothly and pretty much did the trick. It had less hold and more shine than other waxes, but it still separated my spikies nicely. It probably won't do if you are trying to get a very severe hold. In addition, the twin hairwax bugaboos of stickiness and a greasy look still applied, but much less than with other waxes.

on 4/3/2002 3:06:00 PM

I am loving this stuff as a shiner for my long hair. I use about a quarter size amount through damp hair before drying and it leaves my hair untangled, ungreasy and shiny.

Popular Styling Products