Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

3.5

on 2/9/2004 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have shoulder-length coarse hair cut in layers - for me, this product is good at creating piece-y definition. I don't find it too greasy-looking, but my hair's pretty dry/processed. I used to use Paul Mitchell's dry wax which is much stiffer - lately I'm preferring this product because it's a bit wetter and adds a little shine.

on 1/25/2004 8:11:00 AM

This product worked pretty well for those short, little hairs that tend to stick up on the top. That's the main reason I bought it. Although, it did not get every little stuborn hair to stay down. That's why I have to give it 4 lippies out of 5. I'm not sure if there is any wax/pomade product that is perfect, but I'm willing to do some searching before I settle with this one. Some other things I like about this product is that it's water based and doesn't make my hair feel all goopy and doesn't cause build up. The price is comparable to other pomades out there, around $17 or $18 USD for a 1.07 oz. container. One container lasts me over 1 year.

on 1/8/2004 12:02:00 PM

I love this stuff. My hair has become somewhat fine and with my new layered look I needed something to give it added oomph. This does the trick without weighing it down or making it look greasy (miracles unto themselves I tell you). A tiny amount (like the size of a tic tac) is enough for my whole head of shoulder length and longer hair. Smooths, seperates, and adds shine. Can't imagine being without it.

on 11/26/2003 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

HG - this stuff is great! When I got my hair cut off in June (why???), I had to use some type of styling aid. I tried the Aveda, but it was too heavy. Water Wax is easy to use, lightweight and separates well. It doesn't weigh my semi-fine hair down and also has a clean scent. I gave it a 3 for packaging - I always get it under my nails when scooping out of tub. I will always buy this product, even now that I'm growing my hair back out.

on 11/18/2003 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I did not like this product. I used just a bit to smooth frizz after blowdrying and straightening but it left my hair a greasy mess. Very goopy, sticky product too.

on 7/3/2003 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

OMG! Do I ever love this stuff! I've used it on everything from a short pixie to my current shoulder length bob. I have highly processed hair that tends to look really dry and frizzy. This calms it right down. I take a little dab of it and rub it between my palms. Then I just run my hands through my hair and I get beautiful shine and definition but no greasiness. I've used just about every wax and pomade out there and I keep on returning to this one. It's really my all time favorite.

on 6/15/2003 11:31:00 PM

I'm still on the fence with this one. I've had problem with waxes and pomades making my fine hair look greasy no matter how little I use. This product was not as bad as others, but I need to try it again using even less (3 tries so far haven't worked out). I have layered hair I like to make look "piecey" and messy.

on 6/9/2003 11:55:00 PM

When I use this is does give a textury look to my hair BUT you have to be SOO careful because if you use just a little to much then you look like a greaseball and have to go wash your hair! I am to scared to use it! LOL
As far as waxes go I think this one feels more light weight then most

on 4/7/2003 3:31:00 AM

The product works well to create piece-y look. But it is very sticky and hard to apply to dry hair. I guess i have to apply it when my hair is still damp.

on 3/23/2003 5:42:00 AM

This product is very comparable in effect only to TiGi Rubber Rage. It has the same irridecent qualities while in the container and it really has the same texture in your hands, but once you apply it to your hair you notice the difference. This product is much more watery and is better for all over sealing. I have a chin legth inverted bob and I have forfeited my Rubber Rage for the lighter texture of Water Wax. The price is not to high considering you really do not need much of this product. Great as an all over sealer for crazy fly aways and uneven pieces of hair that are a direct result of growing out a super short pixie cut.

Popular Styling Products