Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

3.5

My hair dresser recommends this aftr i cut side swept bangs.Well, as it claims, it's a water wax, so it dun really feels sticky on our hair n will leave a soft-hair-fall look.I found it only works on my bangs but didnt really smooth out my baby hair n flyawayz.So so product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

One of the few products that is strong enough to add character to my long, thick, straight, heavy hair. I always emulsify with a drop of water. This makes it easier to apply evenly throught the length of my hair.

on 12/27/2004 10:14:00 PM

Doesn't do anything for my medium-long hair, except when spot-applied by rubbing a small amount to the ends by thumb and finger. The irridescent sheen is very pretty in the jar, but undetected in hair. Provides light hold that doesn't last long in dry winter air. I'd buy it again only to use it for a lived-in look near roots.

on 10/30/2004 1:27:00 PM

This stuff works best for short choppy hair, to give seperation and tame frizz.
I blow my hair bone dry (it usually looks like a puff ball after blowdrying) and I rub between my hands and work thru the ends. It gives my ends that choppy seperated look, and doesn't leave hair feeling as greasy as other types of waxes. I would buy this product again =)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product is decent if you already have fine/thin hair. In my case, i have african american hair and i used this in hope of slicking down my edges, this will hold for about 30 minutes after that your hair is soft and doesnt have the hold that i am hoping for, so if you are looking for a stronger hold, this is not the wax to go with.

I tried straigtening my hair with this product, but i won't be doing that again! Worst product ever bought. The only thing it did do my hair was make it greasy and gross looking, it was also heavy. Didn't help straighten my hair at all. At $15 it is $15 overpriced. Save your money for Murray's $2 pomade! Trust me.

on 8/15/2004 1:38:00 AM

ahh, this stuff did nothing for me, but then i think it's meant for those with short, peicy cuts. I have just-past sholder length hair, and i tried to make this work. i tried to use it to slick back my pony tail, but it just looked greasy. i tried to use it to define my layers in front of my face, and even though i used a tiny bit, it just got all glumpy. oh, and the product buildup it caused on my super-fine hair was dreadful! i had to scrub like there is no tommorow. i would imagine this would be great for someone who NEEDS a pomade to keep their cut in shape, otherwise, i wouldnt go near it.

on 8/10/2004 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This product is a great finishing product for my short hair. I used Bumble and Bumble styling wax for a long time, but I am liking the Redken better. It seems lighter and easier to use than the B&B. It is a little sticky, however.

The gel texture is goopy and difficult to manage. Despite my efforts, I just couldn't acheive the coveted piece-y look with this. Instead, my hair wound up greasy and flat. I ended up tossing it in the trash.

on 4/13/2004 10:50:00 PM

I have fine, naturally straight hair and I recently got a short, layered above-the-shoulder haircut. I bought this product based on the recs of some MUAers. I use this wax to add a little definition to the ends of my hair for that "piecey" look. This product also helps add a little volume: After I apply the wax and fluff up my hair, the wax helps hold up my hair a little (it falls a little after awhile but all I have to do is fluff it up again). I have to be careful how much product I use, though. If I put on even a little bit too much, my fine hair will look greasy and dirty. It also makes my hair a little stiff, making it a bit harder to brush. Overall, I am on the fence about this product. It does give a little definition, but not as nearly a piecey look as I'd like. It's also pretty expensive for such a small tub (a little goes a long way, though). However, as long as I can't find a better product out there, I will continue to use this. continued >>

Popular Styling Products