Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

3.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product is decent if you already have fine/thin hair. In my case, i have african american hair and i used this in hope of slicking down my edges, this will hold for about 30 minutes after that your hair is soft and doesnt have the hold that i am hoping for, so if you are looking for a stronger hold, this is not the wax to go with.

on 10/30/2004 1:27:00 PM

This stuff works best for short choppy hair, to give seperation and tame frizz.
I blow my hair bone dry (it usually looks like a puff ball after blowdrying) and I rub between my hands and work thru the ends. It gives my ends that choppy seperated look, and doesn't leave hair feeling as greasy as other types of waxes. I would buy this product again =)

on 12/27/2004 10:14:00 PM

Doesn't do anything for my medium-long hair, except when spot-applied by rubbing a small amount to the ends by thumb and finger. The irridescent sheen is very pretty in the jar, but undetected in hair. Provides light hold that doesn't last long in dry winter air. I'd buy it again only to use it for a lived-in look near roots.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

One of the few products that is strong enough to add character to my long, thick, straight, heavy hair. I always emulsify with a drop of water. This makes it easier to apply evenly throught the length of my hair.

My hair dresser recommends this aftr i cut side swept bangs.Well, as it claims, it's a water wax, so it dun really feels sticky on our hair n will leave a soft-hair-fall look.I found it only works on my bangs but didnt really smooth out my baby hair n flyawayz.So so product.

I have used this stuff for over 2 years. I really could not imagine not having it. It is a MUST for the days I use my chi iron. It is pricey but lasts forever cause you only need a tiny bit. After I style my hair I put it on the flyaway pieces or any part that looks funny. My hair would look so bad without it. I keep it in my purse all day for touchups. It is great. My only complaint is that after you get close to the bottom it seems to change consistency and gets a lot less solid and hard to use. Strange. But overall very good!

on 9/22/2005 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

YUCK YUCK YUCK...sticky messy, hard to use and weighs your hair down. Not often that I dislike a priduct so much. It made me feel like my hair was dirty and oily. I prefer Tigi Manipulator which is gucky but works a lot better. DID I SAY YUCK!!!

on 10/13/2005 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a good product. I like that it is water-based and doesn't make my hair look greasy if I use a bit too much. It does not provide strong hold, so I just use it on the ends of my hair to give it a piecey look. The smell is pleasantly clean, and fortunately, the microglitter does not show up on my hair. The price is pretty high for such a small container, but it lasts a long time. I would buy this wax again.

I have found this product very useful. I have very long chemically treated hair that is naturally wavy and the ends tend to split and look very fried between color treatments. A small amount of Water Wax run through my ends after blow drying helps combat the frizz/split problem.

on 12/15/2005 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

THIS IS VERY GOOD, I HAVE THAT MEG RYAN U GOT MAIL CUT AND THIS GIVES IT THAT PIECY LOOK WITH A LITTLE HOLD, A LITTLE HARD TO USE THOUGH, SOMEWHAT GREASY LOOK IF YOU USE TOO MUCH AT ONCE.

Popular Styling Products