Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

3.5

on 11/18/2003 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I did not like this product. I used just a bit to smooth frizz after blowdrying and straightening but it left my hair a greasy mess. Very goopy, sticky product too.

on 11/26/2003 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

HG - this stuff is great! When I got my hair cut off in June (why???), I had to use some type of styling aid. I tried the Aveda, but it was too heavy. Water Wax is easy to use, lightweight and separates well. It doesn't weigh my semi-fine hair down and also has a clean scent. I gave it a 3 for packaging - I always get it under my nails when scooping out of tub. I will always buy this product, even now that I'm growing my hair back out.

on 1/8/2004 12:02:00 PM

I love this stuff. My hair has become somewhat fine and with my new layered look I needed something to give it added oomph. This does the trick without weighing it down or making it look greasy (miracles unto themselves I tell you). A tiny amount (like the size of a tic tac) is enough for my whole head of shoulder length and longer hair. Smooths, seperates, and adds shine. Can't imagine being without it.

on 1/25/2004 8:11:00 AM

This product worked pretty well for those short, little hairs that tend to stick up on the top. That's the main reason I bought it. Although, it did not get every little stuborn hair to stay down. That's why I have to give it 4 lippies out of 5. I'm not sure if there is any wax/pomade product that is perfect, but I'm willing to do some searching before I settle with this one. Some other things I like about this product is that it's water based and doesn't make my hair feel all goopy and doesn't cause build up. The price is comparable to other pomades out there, around $17 or $18 USD for a 1.07 oz. container. One container lasts me over 1 year.

on 2/9/2004 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have shoulder-length coarse hair cut in layers - for me, this product is good at creating piece-y definition. I don't find it too greasy-looking, but my hair's pretty dry/processed. I used to use Paul Mitchell's dry wax which is much stiffer - lately I'm preferring this product because it's a bit wetter and adds a little shine.

on 4/13/2004 10:50:00 PM

I have fine, naturally straight hair and I recently got a short, layered above-the-shoulder haircut. I bought this product based on the recs of some MUAers. I use this wax to add a little definition to the ends of my hair for that "piecey" look. This product also helps add a little volume: After I apply the wax and fluff up my hair, the wax helps hold up my hair a little (it falls a little after awhile but all I have to do is fluff it up again). I have to be careful how much product I use, though. If I put on even a little bit too much, my fine hair will look greasy and dirty. It also makes my hair a little stiff, making it a bit harder to brush. Overall, I am on the fence about this product. It does give a little definition, but not as nearly a piecey look as I'd like. It's also pretty expensive for such a small tub (a little goes a long way, though). However, as long as I can't find a better product out there, I will continue to use this. continued >>

The gel texture is goopy and difficult to manage. Despite my efforts, I just couldn't acheive the coveted piece-y look with this. Instead, my hair wound up greasy and flat. I ended up tossing it in the trash.

on 8/10/2004 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This product is a great finishing product for my short hair. I used Bumble and Bumble styling wax for a long time, but I am liking the Redken better. It seems lighter and easier to use than the B&B. It is a little sticky, however.

on 8/15/2004 1:38:00 AM

ahh, this stuff did nothing for me, but then i think it's meant for those with short, peicy cuts. I have just-past sholder length hair, and i tried to make this work. i tried to use it to slick back my pony tail, but it just looked greasy. i tried to use it to define my layers in front of my face, and even though i used a tiny bit, it just got all glumpy. oh, and the product buildup it caused on my super-fine hair was dreadful! i had to scrub like there is no tommorow. i would imagine this would be great for someone who NEEDS a pomade to keep their cut in shape, otherwise, i wouldnt go near it.

I tried straigtening my hair with this product, but i won't be doing that again! Worst product ever bought. The only thing it did do my hair was make it greasy and gross looking, it was also heavy. Didn't help straighten my hair at all. At $15 it is $15 overpriced. Save your money for Murray's $2 pomade! Trust me.

Popular Styling Products