Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

Redken Water Wax [DISCONTINUED]

3.5

on 6/13/2001 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My favorite wax/pomade, although Kusco-Murphy's is now giving it a run for its money. It is cheaper than the KM, and has a beautiful scent. There is some shimmer in the wax, but I don't notice any on my medium-brown hair with blond highlights. It's a softer wax than KM or Sheer Blonde, and it rinses easily off the hands and out of the hair. I think in the control department, KM might be slightly better, but KM is a stiffer wax. Points off the packaging quality because I notice that the words printed on the sides of the jar rub off pretty fast.

on 11/20/2001 10:22:00 PM

I love this product. It is great for taming flyaways and texturizing. Used sparingly, it does not add weight or look greasy.

on 12/16/2001 5:43:00 PM

I really like this. Not too greasy, adds shine and texture and comes off easily. Smells good too.

on 12/24/2001 6:26:00 AM

This stuff definitely controls flyaways and gives plenty of shine, but it not only ate the words off the package, it ate off my nailpolish! Not very pleasant to run your fingers through, even later in the day.

A really nice shiner and pomade for shorter hair styles. But if you use too much you get grease! yuck! Use is moderation!

on 4/3/2002 3:06:00 PM

I am loving this stuff as a shiner for my long hair. I use about a quarter size amount through damp hair before drying and it leaves my hair untangled, ungreasy and shiny.

on 7/12/2002 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I tried this wax during my spiky (but not *too* spiky) hair phase. I had been trying a lot of waxes, and most of them make me feel like I was tugging my hair out by the roots. This one went on much more smoothly and pretty much did the trick. It had less hold and more shine than other waxes, but it still separated my spikies nicely. It probably won't do if you are trying to get a very severe hold. In addition, the twin hairwax bugaboos of stickiness and a greasy look still applied, but much less than with other waxes.

I love this styling wax to tame my very wavy bangs into sleek, straight bangs, it works like a charm. I use a small amount after blowdrying my hair straight, keeps the style all day. I do not find it extremely greasy or shiney on my hair, but I have very dry hair.

on 1/11/2003 2:50:00 AM

The best light wax I've ever used. This pomade adds shine and controls fly-aways, while also with more liberal application giving hair that piecey separated look. Highly recommended.

Honestly, it did not tame my fly aways!! but it did add shine..