Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

on 1/26/2018 5:25:00 PM

I love this unfortunately with me having dry skin on my cheeks it doesn't hydrate very well. but I do love what it does for my under eyes. I do feel like it is pricey but when I last bought some it was $30 I think now its like $28 or something

on 1/18/2018 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Even though I had help from an Ulta sales associate I ended up buying AND returning 3 different shades of Shape Tape before finding the correct shade. It is an awesome product once you find the right shade. I found that it is long lasting, not greasy and doesn't settle into my under eye lines. I use a nice concealer brush that I bought at Sephora to apply. I am in my 60's and it is not always easy to find a product that looks this good on aging skin. Tarte just came out with Shape Tape Foundation and I can't wait to try it! .... not that I need anymore makeup mind you.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is by far the best concealer I have ever used and I am 47 years old. It covers excellent, does not dry out my under eye and is convenient to carry in my purse for touch ups if need be... Probably one of the top 5 items I could not live without! <3

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

MY SKIN:DRY,AND IM IN MY 40'S,FLAWLESS SKIN,TINY PORES,FAINT SMILE LINES,NO UNDEREYE LINES.
GOT THE COLOR LIGHT,MATCHES GOOD.THIS DOES COVER WELL,GOES ON SMOOTH.
( BUT ) IT IS DRYING LIKE STICK CONCEALER,YOU KNOW THICK AND TACKY, IT GOT PATCHY WHERE I HIGHLIGHTED (NOSE,CHIN,TOP LIP),IT DOES NEED TO BE SET WITH POWDER,BUT IT IS STILL GOING TO CREASE,YOU DEFINETLY HAVE TO APPLY A GOOD CREAM AND OIL UNDER THE EYE AREA.
THIS IS NOT FOR MATURE,OR DRY SKIN.

on 1/7/2018 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have really really dry under eyes and the worst dark circles, so usually whatever concealer I use clings to my dry areas and emphasizes them like no other UNTIL THIS ONE! This is so incredibly amazing for both covering up the darkness and also keeping my under eyes nice and hydrated. A holy grail for sure.

on 1/7/2018 1:09:00 AM

My under eye circles are SO bad that I usually have to wear 2 concealers to get full coverage. With this, I can wear it alone if I want to because the coverage is great. The only con is it is a little bit dry- so definitely moisturize under the eye before you apply it.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this concealer ! Works great and a little truly goes a long way, minimizes my fine eyes around my eyes, doesn’t crease once set. Flawless and beautiful

I tried this because of all the hype and I'm quite disappointed. I bought this in the shade Light Sand hoping that it would be the product to finally remove any traces of my purple-brown undereye circles, but it is not as full-coverage as it claims. I can still see darkness peaking through when I blend this concealer out with my beauty sponge, not to mention the fact that it oxidizes into a darker, peachier colour. When I try to use this on top of a colour corrector, the edges of where I really blend out this concealer tends to mix in with the colour corrector instead of covering it up. It also emphasizes every little bump I have in my undereye area, and it's a little bit drying. I also don't get why the doe foot applicator has to be gigantic when all you need is less than a pea-sized amount of product for both under eyes.

Overall, I am so disappointed and regret that I decided to buy two tubes from the Tarte website in order to qualify for free shipping. That's $70+ CAD wasted, which is a big mistake on my part. I really took a gamble there, hoping that this would be a magical, holy grail product. I would not repurchase.

on 1/5/2018 5:45:00 PM

i am oil/acne prone skin. Nc20 in mac,120 classic ivory in maybelline, 20 beige in chanel and cremebrule in nars concealer. Im am neutral light skintone and i use Light in shape tape color range in the winter but i do prefer light neutral now that i am a bit darker. This is good for undereyes and blemishes/ acne scars. It melts into the skin and blends really well if not too much is applied. It looks natural but is also full coverage. This does not make my acne dry or as flaky. i can wear this alone but i tend to always apply more than i need so it can look like i have makeup on. Plus the color isnt exact match. But all in It is worth the hype. I do hate one thing and that is the doe foot applicator but its not that big of a deal.

pros:
full coverage
Feels super lightweight, not heavy
Looks natural if applied thin layers
stays put all dat
pretty big tube of product compared to other brands

cons:
big applicator and packaging i hate
very hard to control how much product your putting on the face.
can start to look cakey and drying under the eyes if too much is applied

Edit- after using this for awhile i am on the fence about it. I tried out the nars creamy concealer and soft matte, But those were not enough coverage(needs lots of layering)
So i still like this for full coverage but its not as good of a color match as nars cream brûlée for my skintone. light neutral is still a bit yellow on me and light is tad bit too light. Also i feel that i might be breaking out from this. i am very excited to try the too faced super coverage one next after i finish my nars radiant creamy concealer.

Edit got the too faced super coverage in nude. Its perfect. Its natural and full coverage that isnt as dry. Color matches better than light neutral and creme brule. BUT its not perfect, i hate how its so thick and its impossible to use just a tiny amount. I fell in love with Chanel Le Correcteur concealer in 10 beige. Its gel forma, wont crease or fade. Not heavy and doe foot is way better size.

HG concealer for me currently! Use mostly under eyes and it’s high coverage and minimal creasing. I have dark circles and this definitely brightens the area. Recently I started to use to cover redness and blemishes on rest of face, and it works really well for that! Good coverage, does not highlight dry patches that much and does not budge. I’m acne prone so I don’t like the doe foot applicator and tube product since germs can really stay in the product, that’s my one gripe against using it on face.