Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this product... makes my skin look great and not oily

on 4/1/2018 5:14:00 PM

I find this product covers well but as my under eyes are very dry it just doesn't work. It sinks into dry patches quite badly and exaggerates any creases. I'll try this product again after hopefully sorting out the dryness.

on 3/29/2018 10:18:00 AM

It may be easier if this came in a squeeze bottle, but that's because the formula is quite thick. What I do is dab a bit on a beauty blender and sort of bludgeon myself with it, haha. If I use the actual applicator to apply it, what I get is more of a thick spread - which I know is the effect most people go for if they're contouring, but it's too heavy-handed for me. Regardless, this is the closest match I've gotten to my skin color, so you work with what you get.

on 3/24/2018 12:28:00 PM

I have crepey undereyes with puffy bags and dark circles. I need a concealer that doesn't look dry and accentuate the crepey lines. This goes on smoothly and is buildable to cover my circles fairly well, but sadly does accentuate my crepey lines so I am not thrilled with it. Not bad, but not good enough for me to buy again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Sadly this did not work out for me at all. The coverage is good and it's easy to blend, but I still prefer the KVD lock it concealer. I don't know what did it, might me the perfume since this is heavily scented, but this broke me out every time I wore it. So thus I've only kept using it under my eyes but even that has felt a bit itchy. And like others have said, I think this got a lot of hype mainly because so many youtubers endorsed it. Also the shape range is ridiculously bad for darker skin.

This is a fabulous concealer, my go to concealer. It is perfect for concealing blemishes and under eye dark circles both under and over foundation application. This product does not crease at all and it doesn't look cakey. I would highly recommend this product it is fabulous and very long wearing. Perfect for all skin types

I've owned this for over a year and I have never once been impressed by it. I feel this concealer wouldn't be nearly as praised if Tarte hadn't paid so many BGs to advertise it before release. I've tried dozens of different ways to apply it (finger, damp beauty blender, concealer brush, buffing brush, etc) and for different purposes (blemish concealer, undereye concealer, foundation, to set eyeshadow etc) and the ONLY way that doesn't look bad for me is to mix it with rosehip oil and apply as an undereye concealer with a beauty blender.

I have this in Light Sand which is waaaay lighter than the other Light Sand colours Tarte does that I own. Shape Tape is roughly an NC5-10. The Amazonian Clay in the squeeze tube is around an NC15 and the loose powder is around an NC20. I know some people will argue that's intentional because people want a lighter colour for their undereyes but imo thats BS because this is also advertised as a foundation/blemish concealer and it does not match at all. It's also nowhere near as yellow as the other Light Sand tones.

It isn't even full coverage - once blended out properly (i.e. just enough so that it isn't an obvious streak of liquid sitting on top of skin) it's light coverage that feels like heavy coverage. Literally 80% of my powder foundations are more full coverage than this if I apply them with a buffing brush. They also last far longer and look way more skin like.

No matter how thin a layer I use or how long I wait for it to dry, any powder going on top of this (including non-mattifying ones) cakes horribly and accentuates any flakes that weren't previously noticeable. Using a setting spray doesn't help much. It sinks into pores so it looks like I have dozens of tiny yellowish balls on my face (admittedly, only noticeable when up close).

When applied underneath foundation, it separates into little bumps. When applied over foundation, it cakes badly. Both methods don't make any noticeable difference to my skin tone, other than to make it look lighter. It does not cover blemishes, only very faint skin redness. It also wears away quickly - it lasts maybe four hours, and thats with a high quality primer on clear skin. On blemishes it does not "stick" at all except to flakes, making things look like warts.

This creases too badly to be used as an eye primer.

When used alone as an undereye concealer, it creases badly. When set with powder, it creases worse.

I once had a boil between my eyes that I tried to cover this with and it last for literally less than ten minutes over primer. It wore away in the middle and pooled around the edges and looked awful. It stuck to the flakes and made it look like a wart. I then wiped it all off, tried pressing my finger into a loose powder and pressing that onto it, and it covered it up entirely and looked completely skin like. That loose powder as a concealer lasted for over ten hours without any fading, and completely hid any texture and flakes.

I only recommend this to people who want to use it solely as an undereye concealer, who aren't prone to creasing. It makes everything else look worse. Save your money and instead get a medium-full coverage powder foundation and a dense buffing brush if you want something to make your skin look flawless.

on 3/12/2018 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This cover is “heavy-handed.”
Might as well be “tape.”

on 3/11/2018 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I just bought this because my usual fave was running low. I got it in the color light, which is probably 1 to 2 shades lighter than the foundation I use. A little goes a long way and one pull from the tube works for both undereye areas. This really is fantastic and worth the $$!

on 3/11/2018 3:20:00 PM

Lasts all day. Very brightening. High coverage. Love the applicator. Love. Only issue, it is drying as other people have said. I have allergies and have lines under my eyes, it does crease. That's why I can't give 5 Stars. I guess anything that high coverage is going to though.