Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

on 4/30/2018 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm in my late 60's and I have dark circles and some fine lines under my eyes. I found that even with a primer, it settles into my lines and accentuates them. I gave it a 3 since the coverage is good. I'll stick with my NYX concealer, which is so much more affordable.

on 4/30/2018 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I am definitely on the Shape Tape bandwagon! It comes in a massive easy to use tube with 10ml of product, which is fantastic value and has a huge colour selection for most skin tones. Shape tape has excellent coverage for those unwanted under eye bags and does an excellent job covering any blemishes/scars on the skin as well. Yes it can be a little drying but you must work fast with this product to ensure all creases are blended out and set in place. Absolutely obsessed, just wish they'd stocked them in Sephora here in Australia. Will continue to purchase, nevertheless!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Just ok. I bought this due to the hype and it just didn't deliver. It didn't hold up well enough throughout the day, even with my best primer.
Merle Norman's Cover Up concealer is the best I've tried and does a much better job. Natural, very long-wearing, pigmented and no milia. One tube lasts me ages and it's much more hygienic than the wand in Shape Tape.
Back to Merle! I just can't depend on this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have very bad dark circles that are sunken. They may be due to genes, allergies, age, I don't know but they are not going anywhere so I must deal with them. I am always looking for good concealers. You can say I am obsessed. This concealer covers and doesn't fade or crease badly. I hate that it has a scent. Why? The huge doe foot is stupid. You cannot apply the concealer with it. And I end up getting too much on with it even though I dab.I found a good match in light medium neutral. I'm NC20 in MAC.

on 4/25/2018 7:25:00 PM

I bought this concealer due to the high amount of hype it received online. Living in England, it was harder to obtain but I was looking for something high coverage and this seemed to be it. At first, I loved it. I am rather pale and drugstore concealers tend to be darker and orange in colour - this concealer was a good match. The coverage is great - I admit, it seems to be one of the highest coverage concealers on the market as of tight now. However it is not perfect, though it does cover I think it's not radiant enough for under the eyes, it can be quite dry looking. For summer, I prefer something more radiant and this is rather matte in texture. The price is one of of the negatives, although it is Tarte, for a concealer I don't think it should be the price of a foundation, on the other hand this product has lasted me quite a while.

I no longer use this concealer. Makeup Revolution have brought out a series of Conceal and define concealers and honestly, I find myself reaching for these more than the Tarte. They are cheaper and perfect dupes. I find that the Tarte shape tape still offers a tad bit more coverage but nothing that would make me repurchase the concealer over the Makeup Revolution ones.

For a night out, I may use this but for day to day use, I opt for others. If the price range was lower I'd continue to use it, however there are now dupes that are much cheaper and greater value for money. If you're in the market for a new concealer and have cash to splurge you won't be disappointed, but if you want to save money and get something similar, opt for the Makeup Revolution concealer. It's literally like 5 or less pounds.

on 4/20/2018 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This concealer is my go to. I’m in my late 20’s and have pretty oily skin. A little goes a long way and blending this is like a dream. It looks best when blended with a damp beauty blender. Then translucent pore diminishing powder on top, but it could do without. The wand is chunky which is good because it covers just the right amount of surface area with one swipe under each eye. I will say, this is not a light, liquidy concealer - it is very thick and creamy. So a little goes a long way. This covers my dark circles like a dream. I’ve never seen it look powdery so idk what other reviewers mean but I will def be purchasing again. The only con with this is that it’s kinda messy after a while of inserting and removing the wand so the product gets built up and stuck on the rim where you screw it (kinda gross). But I’m ok with that as long as this formula stays the same! Ps also use a primer with this and if you don’t use primers..what are you doing reviewing stuff on here? That is all :)

I had high hopes for this product but alas, it just does not work for me. It accentuates dry patches under my eyes that I don’t remember ever seeing there before if you can imagine that, plus it settles into every fine line that I have. My circles aren’t all that dark but this didn’t even begin to give any decent under eye coverage!! This stuff is not inexpensive and I expected a much better experience than what it gave me. Won’t be repurchasing. Sorry Tarte but there’s just nothing nice that I can think of to say about this one.

Good coverage, but drying and looks powdery after a while, so did not work for under eye. And the smell is quite strong (what's the point of having scent in a concealer of all things?) The applicator is too large to be useful. Overall - not worth buying again.

on 4/16/2018 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

$27.00 for .33 oz. It's actually a fairly good value because it takes such a small amount unless you do the whole face highlighting which I do not, so it lasts me about 6 months or more. I don't use it every day, I use others things too.

I probably won't purchase this again until they lose the doe foot applicator. It is very high coverage and will remain fairly crease free if i use sparingly but it MUST be set with powder or it creases like crazy. It also is bad about settling into fine lines. I also must moisturize right before applying or it just sits there and is very hard to blend and dries the crap out of my under eye area. The doe foot applicator is also too big. I think they did this to accommodate the people that heavily highlight the whole center of their face. I don't cover half of my face with concealer like some do. I usually use it on my lid(sometimes), nose & under my eyes. I put a couple of small dots underneath my eyes, then down the center of my nose and blend it out with a beauty blender then use a finger if I see any creasing to smooth that out, then set with powder. I have 2 colors, fair neutral and light sand and neither of them look great alone so I usually mix them.

I think the reason this is so popular is the hype, and the extremely full coverage because I don't think it looks particularly pretty or natural and it's sure not easy to work with. I usually use Touche Eclat under my eyes. I like Shape Tape to clean up my brows and I also use it on my lids over Milani primer when I want a more defined crease or a cut crease and it never irritates my lids.

on 4/14/2018 7:12:00 AM

Packaging: Medium sized thick tube with a big applicator. If you travel often this might not be ideal for you. Product: I grabbed the shade “ Fair Neutral” which is a very light shade which makes it not useable for the under-eye area ( my mistake). I don’t know if it’s because i have normal- dry skin & the wrong shade but the product makes my undereye area look so dry !!!! Its a very thick concealer too which i don’t mind that much. However i now use this concealer to carve out my eyebrows & this makes them look so defined & clean !!! My fave concealer to use for this purpose!! Creates a perfect base for eyeshadow too. Overall i think i would buy this product again but not anytime soon as i only use it to carve out my brows & thanks to the thick tube there’s plenty of product to last ! If i found a dupe i then wouldn’t buy again. In the UK it ranges from £25-27 which is very pricey for a concealer to use for your brows in my opinion!!