Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I had high hopes for this concealer due to the very high raves online. Sadly, this is not full coverage enough for my under eye circles. It also clung onto dry areas under my eyes. Light Medium and Medium were way too pink toned for my skin. It also had poor staying power.

on 9/6/2016 11:17:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

This is an awesome concealer! It does not crease, the lightest shade is actually light enough for my pale skin (nc10) and it lasts all day looking flawless. I set it with the rcma no color powder and it brightens my undereye area looking perfect all day. It has full coverage and feels lightweight on the skin, blends out beautifully with a sponge or brush, both work well for me. A little goes a long way and you get a lot of product in the tube so definitely worth buying.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Well I certainly do not need another concealer just yet, but the buzz about this made me cave, and I am glad I did. I am pretty sure this will be one of my top 3 fave concealers, if not becoming holy grail (time will tell as seasons change..that is sometimes is a factor for me if a product works well/becomes holy grail or not). Blends in flawlessly, full coverage without looking cakey (I apply this and then bland with a beauty blender), does not break up as the day goes on (even with the current heat and humidity). Does not feel heavy on my skin, in fact, I even often forget that I have it on (some days when I do 'minimal makeup' I will just use a dab of this to cover blemishes/even out the skin tone). I detect no scent with this, which is a good thing for my sensitive nose and skin. Wear time for me is pretty much all day, definitely a good 10 - 12 hours for me before it begins to minimally fade away, and even then I can still see this 'doing it's job'.

I will say I am not a fan of the wand, it is awkward and it is chunky/chubby and also imo not sanitary, whereas I would rather this be a tube or a pump for sanitary purposes. But with this I just dip a clean q-tip or a clean concealer brush in and it is just fine. Even if I did not mind a wand, I just find the wand itself to be clunky/chubby/awkward. Almost like there could be a risk of wasting product because the wand/the sponge tip is quite large. But again, I use other application methods for this, so it is not a big deal. Coverage with this is pretty flawless and almost air-brushed effect for me...So I can overlook a chubby wand. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Oh my God! These are truly amazing!!!!! If I could give it 10 lippies I would. I bought 2 colors: light and light medium. I am NC20 in Mac and wow!!!!! Truly the best concealer that I have ever used and believe me I've tried maaaannnnnyyy!!! It's full coverage, doesn't crease u need to set of course and lasts all day. My absolute favorite now!!!! A++++

on 8/22/2016 6:44:00 PM

This is a great under eye concealer. It looks really smooth and doesn't crease. I don't even need to set it with powder since it dries down matte. Get a shade lighter than you'd typically get if you'd like more of a brightening effect. I'm about an NC25-NC30 and purchased the Light-Medium. It matches my skin color exactly so now I'm waiting for Light to be back in stock as I'd prefer it to be lighter under my eyes. If you see it in stock at Ulta or Tarte.com, get it while you can, as it will sell out quickly.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is about as close as I have come to finding a holy grail concealer. I always have issues with concealers creasing in the lines underneath my eye, but this concealer does not do that. It holds up very well in hot, humid weather. I still set it with a light dusting of powder, but it is very long-wearing. As always I use a good eye cream first and let it set before applying concealer. The only gripe I have is that is does tend to oxidize a l bit later in the day. The light color is perfect when I put it on, but about 8 hours later it oxidizes a little. I might buy the fair color and try mixing it with the light to see if it improves. Definitely will keep buying anyway!