Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

on 9/15/2017 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

on 9/14/2017 4:54:00 AM

I forgot to rate my last review so this is just a disclaimer

on 9/11/2017 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

my favorite. the hype is real. the best part is that this is awesome for BOTH concealing and highlighting. my undereye circles aren't too dark, but i use the lightest shade available. perfect for baking. you get that flawless finish. i use this under my eyes, jawline, smile lines and between my eyebrows, blend it out with a beauty blender, bake with laura mercier transulent, and brush off after 10-15 minutes. a tube lasts about 2-3 months on a daily use. i tried to stray away but nope - nothing compares.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't recall how I became aware of Shape Tape but it was a gradual somewhat subtle process during which I heard only good things from trusted sources. As opposed to the usual YouTube/Pinterest/Instagram, etc. onslaught that leads me down a rabbit hole convinced that I must have a rainbow highlighter and ultimately leaves me filled with shame and regret.

There were enough rave reviews here for me to take action. There's no Ulta where I live so I actually created an account and ordered it. May not seem like a huge deal but my general policy is that if I can't get it on Amazon Prime I don't even want it (I'm sure I could get it there too but at crazy prices).

I was prepared for disappointment, and uncharacteristically went about the trial period with a cynicism that betrays my usual "I want to love this! I MUST love it!!" approach.

I gotta say...I'm really impressed with this concealer. The coverage is amazing. It blends well, and sets well. The doe foot applicator is generously sized and gives the right amount of product.

I always wait several minutes before I blend my concealer (with either a brush or beauty blender) because I find it helps improve coverage and this really works well that way. It sets very well but remains pliable enough to be blended without disappearing.

The only POTENTIAL caveat is I feel it may be dry during winter months. It's been very humid here and the matte dry-down of this has worked well for that but I think when cold dry weather hits I'll have to possibly layer it over a more emollient concealer (it cosmetics comes to mind) and follow up with some kind of moisture mist.

Time will tell on that front but as of now I'm very pleased with this concealer, would not only repurchase it but stockpile it. And I only do that with good drugs or pruducts I can only buy in foreign countries.

on 9/4/2017 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this concealer! It's so much better than the MAC tube concealer I used to wear. This also makes an awesome eye shadow base, which I love!!

on 8/6/2017 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I wish I had bought this sooner as it pretty much answers all my concealer needs. I have never found a concealer that lasted all day without creasing and without a need for setting. I don't mind the large doe-foot and have not had any issues with excess product on the sides. A little goes a long way and it shears out nicely with a moist beauty sponge.
I feel like it almost "dyes" the skin with radiance. The pigment base seems to be a gel-cream which kind of actually acts as a "tape" by bonding to the skin beautifully. It is matte but not drying provided your skin is adequately hydrated. It actually appears to combat mild eye bagging, the kind due to water retention. My eyes look wide and awake.
I was so psyched about this product that I decided to go to Sephora to pick out more shades (I got light sand and wanted to try light neutral or even honey). I was super disappointed that Sephora does not carry shape tape so I tried the Tarte maracula concealer as a consolation prize. Did not like it-too hydrating and dewy. Shape tape is matte but does not feel matte and does not cake on me at all. I can use a little or a lot and it still looks fantastic. A real game changer for my entire eye area.

on 8/2/2017 6:15:00 PM

This was my second product to use from Tarte and man am I a convert! This concealer is very light and blends like a dream. If I end up having a good skin day sometimes I will just wear this around my eyes and it gives me a slight glow while maintaining coverage. I'm also a big fan of the scent! It's not chemical-y but a little soothing? I hate that these are like $20+ because I see why people want to use them for highlighting and contouring but the shape tape is worth the buy.

This is my new current favorite. It is expensive, but is lightweight and does not crease. It is very easy to blend, though I would suggest using a beautyblender instead of a brush under the eyes. It is also great on problem areas on the face. Sometimes I find myself not needing to use foundation since this blends so well and doubles as foundation when used over primer. The medium shade is perfect for me, just the right amount of olive tones.

on 7/23/2017 1:33:00 AM

I love this concealer. It comes with so much, and a little goes a very long way. You can build it up or you can sheer it out. Creamy, smells AMAZING, beautiful finish, stays matte all day (and I'm still not sure how-- if tarte made a foundation with this formula I'd hop on it in a hot second), shade selection is GREAT, wonderful packaging... There's not many bad things I could say about it. The letters on the label come off after a few months, but that's kind of just wear n tear. The wand is a bit big for precise work, if you're using it to spot correct. Otherwise, great concealer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This concealer is a victim of over hype. So often I'm disappointed by hyped products because I'm expecting soooo much and I feel like many people who don't like it it's because of the over hype or because they use too much. Is this concealer life changing: no. Will it make you under eyes look like those of a 16 year old: no. What this IS is a full coverage, long wearing concealer that is not overly drying. I have this in the shade light, which is crazy. There are several shades lighter, which never happens so go darker than you think you need unless you like reverse coon eyes. Use VERY LITTLE product. This is very full coverage, you do not need much. I do set this with powder, but I set all concealers with powder. It lasts all day, and used sparingly looks very flawlessly natural. I can use this in blemishes as well as under the eyes so I find it to be quite versatile. It's actually really nice around acne because the skin gets dried out from treatments and this concealer doesn't get cakey or increase the dryness. This does have the largest doe foot known to man kind. It's a bit unwieldy so if I could change that I would. But other than that, I really like this concealer and I think I would repurchase.