Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

on 3/11/2018 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I just bought this because my usual fave was running low. I got it in the color light, which is probably 1 to 2 shades lighter than the foundation I use. A little goes a long way and one pull from the tube works for both undereye areas. This really is fantastic and worth the $$!

on 3/8/2018 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this stuff. It’s probably my holy grail of concealers which is annoying as this can’t be purchased yet within Australia. I’m NC15-20 and Light is great as an under eye concealer. Light-Neutral is my skin tone so great for blemishes or disguising redness.
It doesn’t cake, accentuate fine lines , and lasts all day. It also works well with other products.

I find that the new Bobbi Brown concealer is a great dupe for this formula (somewhat more tacky when first applied but otherwise the same. Warm ivory is very, very close to fair-neutral in shape tape.

on 3/7/2018 1:52:00 PM

Actual witchcraft. Doesn't crease and holds onto blemishes all day (I had a huge pimple and this kept it beautifully covered!). Something about the giant doe foot makes applying this so easy and fun. The only thing I want to use.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product is A M A Z I N G! I have it in shade Light Neutral and it's the best! I wear it everyday, especially on days where I didn't get much sleep the night before and it makes me look like I had a good night's rest. It conceals my dark under eye circles and redness unlike any other concealer I've tried before it. It also smells pretty good and the doefoot applicator is H U G E, combined with a product that is thick, I only need a small dot under my eyes and that's enough to conceal (of course, I apply more product if I've had a particularly bad night, but the most I've ever needed was three dots). It also doesn't transfer and lasts all day!

This is amazing! It has full coverage but does not feel heavy on my skin! Finally a concealer that cover up my under eye circles! You also don’t need a lot and that is why I think it is worth the price🙌🏻

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm honestly shook by this concealer. I never knew that a concealer could be so pigmented, and could cover up so much. I use the shade "Fair" and it's the perfect match for my skin tone. You only need a tiny amount cause a little bit goes a very long way! It works well with baking and just simply sweeping some powder to set it. $27 is a little bit off the deep end price wise, but for how little you need, I would expect it to last a good amount of time. Tarte knocked it out of the park with this one!

I'm in love, y'all.

Before I start my review: my shade match is in Light Medium, which despite looking slightly pinker than the Nars Radiant Creamy in Custard on my hands, didn't really look any different from it on my face. I have combination to dry skin, with my undereye area fluctuating between dry and oily depending on the time of year (it's dry right now). I barely have any fine lines, but I do have mild darkness around my eyes and my nose and mouth that I like to colour correct with the Bobbi Brown colour corrector in Peach. And let me also tell you that any concealer I will ever use will be layered on top on this colour corrector, no matter how full coverage it is, and you can try and pry my Bobbi Brown from my cold, dead hands.

Anyway, now to the review: WHAT IS THIS SORCERY? How does this concealer not budge, patch up, crease or cake? It literally stays looking fresh for hours, and it's SO easy and quick to apply and work with. Love, love, love it.

How I apply it: I start with great skin prep. Vitamin C serum, lots of moisturiser (I use an especially thick moisturiser under my eyes), topped off with my favourite Avene emulsion sunscreen. I wait for all of this to sink into my skin (about 20 minutes) and then go straight in with my makeup. I'm not a fan of primers in general, but sometimes I'll use the Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow on top on my skincare if I'm feeling particularly frisky. I'll go in with my Bobbi Brown corrector, pat it out a thin layer of it under my eyes and other dark areas with my finger, let it set while I do my foundation (YSL All Hours mixed in with Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk), then I'll put tiny dots of concealer under my eyes, and around my mouth, and blend out with a beauty blender. Mind you, the Nars Radiant Creamy on me hates the beauty blender so I'd have to work that in with my fingers, but the Shape Tape loves my beauty blender, so all's good in the world again. I'll do my bronzer/blush/eyes next so that my concealer and foundation both get time to settle into any fine lines or whatever so I can blend those out and then go in with my Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish powder to set.

This is a gorgeous concealer that outshone any other high-end concealers I've ever used. I'd highly recommend lots of skin prep before using this to people with dry skin (which is good for your skin anyway). Otherwise, this is brilliant and I will repurchase when it runs out.

Guys, I think I've found The One. Shape Tape is hands down the best concealer I've ever invested in.
I bought it in the shade Fair early last July and it's still going strong at the end of January (it's probably a bio-hazard by now but I don't care)
I think the tube is 10ml? It's really quite a massive tube and a little goes a long way, so I'd definitely say it's well worth the $45NZD I paid.
The formula is thick and creamy. It's full coverage (which I NEED for my permanent raccoon eyes) but I find it quite easy to sheer out just by using less. I use a RT blending sponge to blend it. Oh, and did I mention it doesn't crease or transfer? AT ALL. My concealer still looks fresh AF when I remove it 16ish hours later. ST also plays well with my foundation. I've been using ELDW religiously for the last few months (btw, this one tube of concealer has nearly outlasted two bottles of foundation) and I don't notice any separating or difficulty to blend together.
I would rave on the streets about this concealer, it's just so good. I've already bought a second tube!

on 1/26/2018 5:25:00 PM

I love this unfortunately with me having dry skin on my cheeks it doesn't hydrate very well. but I do love what it does for my under eyes. I do feel like it is pricey but when I last bought some it was $30 I think now its like $28 or something

on 1/18/2018 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Even though I had help from an Ulta sales associate I ended up buying AND returning 3 different shades of Shape Tape before finding the correct shade. It is an awesome product once you find the right shade. I found that it is long lasting, not greasy and doesn't settle into my under eye lines. I use a nice concealer brush that I bought at Sephora to apply. I am in my 60's and it is not always easy to find a product that looks this good on aging skin. Tarte just came out with Shape Tape Foundation and I can't wait to try it! .... not that I need anymore makeup mind you.