Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This does not cover as well as Maybelline Superstay and to get this not to crease, I have to put Maybelline Superstay on top of it. Too lazy to return it, so I guess I'll keep it. The packaging is nice, however, the doe foot applicator is way too big and the fragrance gives me a headache. Also, I read in Allure of all places that Youtubers were paid $5.00 commission to review the product and refer customers to tarte.com for sales. Very upsetting.
2/10/2017, I did return this in the end. As a migraine sufferer, I just couldn't take the fragrance in this concealer and the coverage is not worth the hype.

Edit- I just bought a product called Artist Pro Water Resistant Concealer by Adept Cosmetics. I love it. I put a review on here. I need full coverage and the concealer blows Shape Tape out of the water.

on 9/13/2016 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Holy perfume!!! I didn't do my research and made the mistake of buying based on all those favorable YouTube reviews. Sadly I can't comment on the coverage, as I could not use and ended up giving it away.
Seriously, WHY does a concealer even need perfume?? Were they trying to hide the smell of some other nasty ingredient?

on 9/9/2016 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have combo skin with oily forehead & nose & dry skin everywhere else. I gave in to the hype and bought this concealer. I was very excited to use it so I put it on all my highlighting areas (under eyes, forehead & chin). At first I was very impressed. A little goes a long way with this concealer so it would last me a while considering how little I used and how much coverage it provided. It was perfect, or so I thought. I set it with a very light dusting of powder and went on my way. I went to the mall that day with my husband and he commented on how "wrinkly" my under eyes looked. Mind me I'm 20 and far from being "wrinkly". I glanced at myself in a store mirror and realized how weird my under eyes looked. So I stepped closer to the mirror and realized how crepey, dry, and how much of the concealer had settled in my fine lines. This concealer found every crease, even some i never new i had! & in areas where I tended to get oily, like my forehead, it began to separate. It looked terrible! I did not want to give up on this concealer and wanted to make it work. So the next time I put this on i decided to bake my undereyes hoping to reduce any creasing. I again experienced the same problem, dryness & extreme creasing. I was extremely dissapointed in this product. I'm going back to my FitMe concealer by Maybelline. It also creases but baking pretty much stops any of the creasing. I was hoping to find a holy grail concealer where only a light dusting of powder would set it & prevent creasing because baking is not for everyday. Unfortunately this concealer is not a HG & I regret falling into the hype.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I had high hopes for this concealer due to the very high raves online. Sadly, this is not full coverage enough for my under eye circles. It also clung onto dry areas under my eyes. Light Medium and Medium were way too pink toned for my skin. It also had poor staying power.