Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

on 5/7/2018 12:49:00 PM

This is a weird one for me. I use concealer mostly to cover up blemishes and this doesn‘t really do the job. It‘s not supper full coverage on me. Also the shades are kinda weird. A lot of people seem to love it though. I definitely prefer the nars radiant creamy or even the kylie concealer.

on 5/7/2018 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I was really excited to try this concealer due to all the raving reviews. Unfortunately, I am quite disappointed. Tarte is not available in my country (Europe), so I really had to try to get one. The price is high, but you do get a ton of product. You really need a tiny bit, not the generous amounts you see Youtubers apply... The package is nice, the doe foot applicator is enormous! It has full coverage, but my god is it drying :-( I have oily skin, but my undereyes are more normal (sometimes even dry). I don't usually have problems with concealers being too drying, but this one accentuated all the fine lines I didn't even knew I had and it appeared very patchy. Even with a good moisturising eye cream underneath it was awful and don't even try to set it with a powder because that makes it worse.
It didn't help I choose the wrong shade, but that was my fault entirely. I am a NW15-20 in Mac, so I choose the shade fair, but imo it was way too light. I rather prefer a more natural tone under my eyes, closely to my skin tone/foundation, while some prefer the much lighter shades to brighten. If you're not a fan of this, be aware when choosing a shade.
Next I would like to try the Makeup Revolution one, which ought to be a dupe, but I am now continuing using the Catrice liquid coverage one, which is waaaaay cheaper, also full coverage and not so drying (and it smells nice!)

on 5/3/2018 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

It’s very full coverage. But damn it creases like crazy under my eyes. Makes me look older. I wish it would work for me it has an amazing finish and great coverage. I have a love/hate relationship with this concealer.

on 4/30/2018 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm in my late 60's and I have dark circles and some fine lines under my eyes. I found that even with a primer, it settles into my lines and accentuates them. I gave it a 3 since the coverage is good. I'll stick with my NYX concealer, which is so much more affordable.

on 4/14/2018 7:12:00 AM

Packaging: Medium sized thick tube with a big applicator. If you travel often this might not be ideal for you. Product: I grabbed the shade “ Fair Neutral” which is a very light shade which makes it not useable for the under-eye area ( my mistake). I don’t know if it’s because i have normal- dry skin & the wrong shade but the product makes my undereye area look so dry !!!! Its a very thick concealer too which i don’t mind that much. However i now use this concealer to carve out my eyebrows & this makes them look so defined & clean !!! My fave concealer to use for this purpose!! Creates a perfect base for eyeshadow too. Overall i think i would buy this product again but not anytime soon as i only use it to carve out my brows & thanks to the thick tube there’s plenty of product to last ! If i found a dupe i then wouldn’t buy again. In the UK it ranges from £25-27 which is very pricey for a concealer to use for your brows in my opinion!!

on 3/24/2018 12:28:00 PM

I have crepey undereyes with puffy bags and dark circles. I need a concealer that doesn't look dry and accentuate the crepey lines. This goes on smoothly and is buildable to cover my circles fairly well, but sadly does accentuate my crepey lines so I am not thrilled with it. Not bad, but not good enough for me to buy again.

I bought into the hype and purchased this product. I finished a tube and would not repurchase. The wand was a little wide for the under-eye area and the product went on too thick. I had success dipping a clean concealer brush into the tube. This concealer needed to be set with a loose powder to keep the desired consistency throughout the day. I would not repurchase due to the overwhelming scent. It would dissipate quickly but I prefer unscented/lightly scented products.

on 2/9/2018 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is DRYING. If you're dry, don't let this near your face without moisturizing. I didn't even know I had dry under eyes until I used this. However, it does provide really great coverage. When I first applied it I felt the shade I had was a little too light but it settles pretty nicely. I know some people use this as an eye primer but I can't. It's way too drying and leaves creases and looks cakey on my lids before I even get to eyeshadow--I can't even imagine trying to blend shadows on that kind of canvas. I need to apply super sparingly because a little product goes such a long way--DO NOT apply this the way you see people on Instagram making those large triangles under their eyes, that's way too much product and I don't understand how they don't have cake face. The consistency is really thick and tacky also so I have to do one eye at a time because it dries quickly and takes a lot of effort to blend with a beauty blender. I honestly don't know if I'd buy this again, it hasn't won me over just yet.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

MY SKIN:DRY,AND IM IN MY 40'S,FLAWLESS SKIN,TINY PORES,FAINT SMILE LINES,NO UNDEREYE LINES.
GOT THE COLOR LIGHT,MATCHES GOOD.THIS DOES COVER WELL,GOES ON SMOOTH.
( BUT ) IT IS DRYING LIKE STICK CONCEALER,YOU KNOW THICK AND TACKY, IT GOT PATCHY WHERE I HIGHLIGHTED (NOSE,CHIN,TOP LIP),IT DOES NEED TO BE SET WITH POWDER,BUT IT IS STILL GOING TO CREASE,YOU DEFINETLY HAVE TO APPLY A GOOD CREAM AND OIL UNDER THE EYE AREA.
THIS IS NOT FOR MATURE,OR DRY SKIN.

I tried this because of all the hype and I'm quite disappointed. I bought this in the shade Light Sand hoping that it would be the product to finally remove any traces of my purple-brown undereye circles, but it is not as full-coverage as it claims. I can still see darkness peaking through when I blend this concealer out with my beauty sponge, not to mention the fact that it oxidizes into a darker, peachier colour. When I try to use this on top of a colour corrector, the edges of where I really blend out this concealer tends to mix in with the colour corrector instead of covering it up. It also emphasizes every little bump I have in my undereye area, and it's a little bit drying. I also don't get why the doe foot applicator has to be gigantic when all you need is less than a pea-sized amount of product for both under eyes.

Overall, I am so disappointed and regret that I decided to buy two tubes from the Tarte website in order to qualify for free shipping. That's $70+ CAD wasted, which is a big mistake on my part. I really took a gamble there, hoping that this would be a magical, holy grail product. I would not repurchase.