Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

3.8

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Not a totally bad product but its so thick making it quite hard to blend and it clings to my dry patches. Applicator makes application messy. I think this would work if you have oily skin, as it offers quite good coverage but it is too drying for me and creases if not set immediately. I would suggest the Becca Luminous Concealer, Too Faced Born This Way or the Naked Skin one for drier girls like me.

on 1/20/2017 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

It looks beautiful first applied, BUT IT TURNS COLOR ? It turns 2-3 shades darker after a couple minutes of wear :( have to return this, sad because it had such a nice natural texture and long wear.

on 7/10/2017 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The formula itself is very creamy yet thick and it sets very fast. It oxidizes very badly and I never had that happen to me with any other product. It also clings to dry patches, peachfuzz, and on acne and minor texture the shape tape just doesn't look smooth and flawless. when I try to build up the coverage, it feels and looks so cakey even before I set with powder(I'm using a beauty blender all the time). it is not lightweight at all. After like 3 hours I noticed it separates on my forehead and my chin, sometimes on my nose as well and I always set with the powder that never fails me. It creases very fast especially under my eyes it looks horrible! It doesn't cover up my minor hyper pigmentation and I end up looking grey toned. When I build up the coverage under my eyes I crease more and even after I set with powder, it still creases! Also when I use the slightest bit of the concealer I just end up cakey (even when I use Special smoothing primers)
One last thing about the formula- it took me a month to realize it was holding my acne back from healing.
Very disappointed

edit; can't understand why people are disliking this review.. just because y'all don't agree don't mean it ain't helpful or honest!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I had high hopes for this concealer due to the very high raves online. Sadly, this is not full coverage enough for my under eye circles. It also clung onto dry areas under my eyes. Light Medium and Medium were way too pink toned for my skin. It also had poor staying power.