Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

4.3

on 3/10/2019 6:31:00 PM

Hi guys! I have recently started blogging about cosmetics reviews. I m 39 years old almost near forty . I have combo skin .I tried this concealer first time and it didnt dry my undereye area no creasing or drying . Its wonderful for mature skin. I blended it with my finger.It was blended like a dream .It didnt accentuate my fine lines.love this definitely.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I tried a sample of shape tape in the shade light, which I find a good match for my under eye area, but just a little light to use on my face, and I am nc20. I absolutely love how long lasting this is, and how full coverage this is. The only downside is that you can only get this through tarte’s website in Canada, and you need to spend so much to eat free shipping. Otherwise, I would have actually bought the full size.

on 11/16/2017 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love it!! Best concealer for contouring and to hide those dark circles, sun spots, etc.. I use the "Light neutral" and it's my favorite concealer by far. I use NARS (vanilla) sometimes and I still use IT Illumination concealer medium time to time but I always go back to my Tarte Shape Tape : ) it lasts long and no creasing!! Honestly, so far the best concealer/contour I've used and tried : ) five thumbs up!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I looooove this concealer! Bought it after I heard all the hype about it and it did not disappoint! It's very highly pigmented with a gel-like consistency and texture, it feels cool and hydrating on the skin. I dot it under my eyes and blend it out with my favorite undereye concealer brush- the Real Techniques Setting Brush. My skin is kind of a light tan color right now (I wear Milk Makeup Matte Blur Foundation in Medium Tan) and I wear this in Tan Sand. I blend it quickly before it dries because once it's set it's SET and it's PERFECT. Then, I just use a damp Beauty Blender to dab some banana powder on top of this and I'm good to go.

on 9/11/2017 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

my favorite. the hype is real. the best part is that this is awesome for BOTH concealing and highlighting. my undereye circles aren't too dark, but i use the lightest shade available. perfect for baking. you get that flawless finish. i use this under my eyes, jawline, smile lines and between my eyebrows, blend it out with a beauty blender, bake with laura mercier transulent, and brush off after 10-15 minutes. a tube lasts about 2-3 months on a daily use. i tried to stray away but nope - nothing compares.

on 6/20/2017 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

This is the best concealer I have ever used for my under eyes that hide my moderate dark circles. It literally lasts all day. I wear NC43-45 foundation and use this concealer in Tan Sand. I later purchased the color Deep and use this shade for a slight contour and to mix with Tan Sand to get my perfect skin tone shade. A little goes a long way I don't even need to set it, but most times I set it with Laura Mercier powder very lightly. Prior to this I have used a ton of different (mostly drugstore) under eye concealers and many would look great but would not have the staying power I was looking for. I tried MAC Pro Longwear and it was average and changed color as the day went on. Orange under eyes are not cute! I returned it and got a different color. Still wasn't blown away. So after many attempts I ended up returning it and decided to give Tarte Shape Tape a try after perusing the many positive reviews. I'm so glad I did. It's now my HG.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Holy crap. Look no further. I've left plenty of concealer reviews, and have been more or less impressed by all of them, but this blows every other concealer out the water. Took me awhile to give in because all of the hype was a turn-off for me, as I'm usually let down by things with such rave reviews. But this truly is HG, best on the market.

It is a little thick, and I'm not a full coverage girl by any means. But once it sets, it doesn't feel like I have too much on my face. There is a little creasing, but nothing too obvious and far less (with much better coverage) than any other concealer I've tried.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer creases much more than this, and with less coverage. I find them to be about equally drying.

Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer has about the same amount of creasing, but also with less coverage and something about it just looks not as good as the Tarte (not to mention, you're paying more for UD for half the amount of concealer!)

Kat Von D Lock-It Concealer Creme is about equally drying, if not a little more. Provides slightly less coverage and just doesn't look as good as the Tarte overall, but not bad either. Tarte is easier to blend.

Wet N Wild Photofocus has more creasing and was drier for me. Also less coverage. Probably the closest drugstore option though.

There's just something about this concealer that is truly amazing!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

One of the best concealers on the market. The hype is real! Worth the $24. Will buy again. Love!

on 3/3/2017 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

DUDE!!!!!!!! How awesome is this concealer :) I tried it out at Ulta, didn't think too much of it and walked out of the store without purchasing this. When I checked myself in the mirror was blown away and went back and purchased it. It covers so well, in fact it blends so well with my BB cream. This concealer has a mousse like texture and it is a tad bit thicker than the NARS RCC. All I need are 2 small drops to cover my under eye dark circles. This concealer does not feel cakey or dry after application. I sometimes forget to apply a eye cream and I still don't have any issues.. This concealer is better deal compared to NARS.
I am a NC40 girl and use NARS RCC in the color Ginger and was matched to the color Tan in Tarte Shape.
NARS Radiant Cream Concealer, Size - 0.22 oz/ 30$ plus tax
Tarte Shape Contour Concealer, Size - 0.33 oz/ 24$ plus tax

I really love this concealer! It seems to live up to the hype it has generated. Too bad it's not sold yet in any stores in Canada. I purchased it online on the Tarte website. I decided on getting the shade Medium after looking at online swatches and watching reviews of the Shape Tape concealer from youtubers with similar skintones. The shade Medium works well for me and is yellow based. For reference, my skintone matches NC 44 and Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation in Toasty Toffee. You only need small amounts of this concealer and it blends really well and doesn't look cakey. Many people compare this concealer to Nars Radiant Creamy concealer. I find Shape Tape provides better coverage and does provide longlasting coverage and it didn't crease in some of my fine lines. It does have a fragrance to it but I noticed the scent fades after 5 minutes. This retails for $31 CDN and is more economical to the Nars concealer, one only needs to apply a small amount of product and the tube contains 10mL of product.