Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

I've been looking for a concealer that I wouldn't feel the need to layer twice in order to cover my moderately severe dark circles, and this fits the bill and comes in an excellent shade range! I love how big the wand is, and how quickly the formula blends, dries and sets without much effort. I use the shade Light-Med Honey as a corrector and Light Sand for highlighting my light (C2) olive skin, and it does an excellent job of brightening my under eyes. It dries to a matte finish and does not budge, with setting, throughout the day. I use Laura Mercier's loose powder with a damp beauty blender on top. The price is excellent for how much product you get. My only complaint would be the strong fragrance, but it goes away.

on 7/12/2017 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This concealer is expensive, but you get a lot and a little of this stuff goes a very long way.

I have extremely oily skin, everywhere but my undereye; that area is dry and creases, easily. Shape Tape has worked so well, for me. I do a light layer of color correction and then three small dots of Shape Tape under each eye, concentrating on the inner corner. I blend it out in a triangle formation and use what's left on my sponge on my lids as an eyeshadow primer. Then, I set the concealer with ELF's Undereye Setting Powder and I get NO creases. My undereyes look fresh and creaseless, for at least eight hours. I love the combination.

I will definitely be repurchasing.

on 7/5/2017 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!! Its coverage is very good, and the shade range is AMAZING. My skin is so fair that I often have to buy the absolute lightest shade of foundation in any brand for it to remotely match my skin, so you can imagine my surprise when I found a shade in this that I could actually use as a highlighting concealer. For reference, my winter foundation is NARS Sheer Glow in the shade Siberia. Yup. I'm pasty. Even though I use it as a highlighter mostly, it still does a phenomenal job at covering my tired undereyes. I've found that this does crease IF I use too much of it or if I don't use enough powder. You DO need to set this with a powder. I have dry skin, so I was hesitant to set it as zealously as I should have, and it did crease on me. However, as soon as I tried "baking" this concealer, it ceased creasing and looked smooth all day. I pack on Laura Mercier's setting powder under my eyes with a wet beauty blender, bathe in Urban Decay's All Nighter, and it stays on forever. This concealer is always the last makeup remaining on my face at the end of the day. My foundation wears off (even with my setting spray), but this does NOT. I also use it as an eyeshadow primer, and it works decently well. It isn't too sticky for this purpose if you do not use too much on your eyelid. However, if you are looking for a primer to make your eyeshadows appear more vibrant or show up better, this concealer won't do much for you. It has never made me break out. I only use it on my undereye area. This is because I would need separate shades in order to conceal any blemishes with it, and the price is a bit hefty. I don't really like it for highlighting my nose or any other areas, because I feel like it looks ridiculous due to the limited amount of control I have in places other than my undereye area, but that's just me. I've never had problems with this feeling heavy like many other reviews say. A thin stripe right beneath my lash line is more than enough. The smell of this concealer is very pleasant, but I have never noticed it while wearing it. This is my holy grail, and I don't see myself buying any other concealer in the near future.

For the record, I hate concealer and foundation. I have always been fortunate enough not to need either one and powders like MAC and Bare Minerals has provided enough coverage. Except, I have dark undereye circles and the struggle is real. I started trying all sorts of concealers and had fail after fail. I tend to have dry skin, never oily and I never understood how concealer creases under the eyes but I have seen it with every concealer on the market besides MUFE's concealer (it's like thick camouflage that your skin cannot breathe) and now Shape Tape. This truly is the holy grail for me. Hides circles and redness around my nose and lasts all day long. 12 hours later when I am removing my makeup, this is the product that I am trying to get to come off. I have got more compliments on my makeup since I started using it, then I ever have on my makeup. I am okay with the price because it could be steeper but I just purchased my second one and I am not even close to running out of the first tube I bought almost 3 months ago and I use it daily. A little goes a long way. Packing is great as the wand is really big and can cover a large area. One user wrote that it is unsanitary to put the applicator back into the tube after each use but I have a fresh, clean face when I apply my makeup so That does not concern me in anyway. I will continue to buy as long as they make it!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- long wearing
- full coverage
- doesn't crease

CONS

- sets quickly

COMMENTS: Full coverage, long wearing concealer that sets quickly. Working in sections is recommended to make blending easier. A little goes a long way. It doesn't break up in warm weather or oxidize, either. Most importantly, it doesn't crease!

Will repurchase.

on 6/20/2017 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a must have. LOVE. Once you try it, you will see

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I wish the price wasn't so high but if I have to I'll buy it again it works amazing on my skin (oily)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've had this for 2 months. I hated it at first. It took me a while to get the hang of this and figure out how it looks best for me. Now i love it! What do I love... it LASTS ALL DAY, looks natural, covers extremely well, so creaseless, and things look smoother. I am 40, dry skin, N 20 - use shade Light Neutral. I may need to go lighter in winter.

The biggest negative is that it can look dry - so I've had to work around that. I thought I already had a VERY good moisture routine for my dry skin. I hang out on SCB. I'm more into SC than m/u. Someone on SCB suggested using Lanolin under eyes for major moisture (like the kind used for nursing mothers). Totally solved my dry underage woes. I use it at night. Just a wee bit. Night and day difference.

It can look cakey or too opaque if you use too much (like all concealers). The big doe foot does make it easy to overdo. I now use 2 dots after wiping doe foot off on rim of container. Then is use a DRY mini BB (it's actually a BB dupe). For my foundation, I ALWAYS use damp BB. But the dampness always made ST look patchy. So I tried using it dry and that's my favorite method. I also tried fingers and brushes also.

Setting... I usually don't set this. Oily skin girls will probably want to. At first, I tried different powders and all of them increased the dry factor of this concealer - especially as day went on. So now I apply thin layer ST with dry mini BB, wait ~20sec and it will crease. I tap that crease out with same dry mini BB and crease disappears and stays creaseless rest of the day. It sets very fast - work quickly.

I think ELDW concealer is VERY similar. Similar wear time. Slightly less drying and slightly less coverage. All in all very similar.

My previous HG concealer was Tarte Creaseless Maracuja oil. It is completely different than ST and frankly any other concealer on market. It is very hydrating and so natural (though dewy) and I preferred color match. But despite name, creases more and doesn't last as long as ST.

Granted I've never tried it, I don't see how in the holy hell someone could highlight and contour with ST. Too opaque. Sets too quickly for seamless blending.

on 5/27/2017 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Love it!! Best concealer for contouring and to hide those dark circles, sun spots, etc.. I use the "Light neutral" and it's my favorite concealer by far. I use NARS (vanilla) sometimes and I still use IT Illumination concealer medium time to time but I always go back to my Tarte Shape Tape : ) it lasts long and no creasing!! Honestly, so far the best concealer/contour I've used and tried : ) five thumbs up!

on 5/22/2017 1:24:00 PM

OMG OMG OMG one of my best purchase ever! I first discovered Tarte by chance when I was shopping at Sephora - the brand itself isn't very heavily marketed over at where I'm from so I hesitated for very long before taking a plunge and my first purchase was the Maracuja Creaseless Concealer. I loved that one and from then on I fell down the tartelette rabbit hole. After many online orders, I finally placed my order for the Shape Tape. It took me very long to decide on the shade as Shape Tape wasn't available off the shelf in my country, so I was lucky that the shade I ordered actually worked. I tried it on immediately as soon as it arrived and I FELL IN LOVE! This product is amazing, more so than the Maracuja Creaseless Concealer if I must say! Texture is comparable to the Maracuja one, but this has better staying power and it stays on the whole day even without baking / setting. I could not achieve the same result with my Maracuja Creaseless concealer so this win hands down in that department. This product also leaves a matte finishing, as compared to the Maracuja one which has a more dewy finish but because I produce oil easily I always need to set & bake if I were to use my Maracuja concealer. Bottom line is : I love love love shape tape concealer. I'm putting in another order for a darker shade so that I could contour with it ❤️